The week that standard events are for ticket prizes only (vs packs) sucks

ScottMacD

I know it rotates, but I only play Standard events for the current pack. The rest of it is dead to me. Don't have time to do the events that often so very frustrated when I go in to play and it's a non-pack standard week. Expect there is constant demand for these events if left permanently available. I'm left sitting 300+ tickets that I'd like to be able to use but finding schedule is always out of sync.

• Downvote 1

I know it rotates, but I only play Standard events for the current pack. The rest of it is dead to me. Don't have time to do the events that often so very frustrated when I go in to play and it's a non-pack standard week. Expect there is constant demand for these events if left permanently available. I'm left sitting 300+ tickets that I'd like to be able to use but finding schedule is always out of sync.

it has 2 weeks of being packs reword so its fair imo also another person might have the exact same view as you but for expended

Edited by UselessEX

So make them all available all the time. Why restrict/rotate at all? What's the logic? I really don't get it. So arbitrary. Even the duration (one week) doesn't make any sense. If you have to rotate it, do it hourly. Why not just have eight events? Each of formats with each of the prizes available all the time.... doesn't that make more sense? What prevents that?

The answer is quite simple: it spreads out the player-base to thin. Although the game is played and enyoed by players around the world, we simply don't have enough players ( especially living in time-zones that aren't as big) to support 8 tournaments on every day. Even with 4 tournaments it's sometimes difficult to find 8 players in a reasonable amount of time.

View the rotation as a chance to experiment with other formats, or to try out fun decks in the token tournaments.

• Upvote 1

The answer is quite simple: it spreads out the player-base to thin. Although the game is played and enyoed by players around the world, we simply don't have enough players ( especially living in time-zones that aren't as big) to support 8 tournaments on every day. Even with 4 tournaments it's sometimes difficult to find 8 players in a reasonable amount of time.

View the rotation as a chance to experiment with other formats, or to try out fun decks in the token tournaments.

I still tend to have few tokens to spare for use in tournaments; the shop selections manage to eat them up pretty regularly. I'm nearing 3000 now, but anticipating new (OLD) theme decks I don't have, as well as possible gameplay items in the coming months. Token events just aren't a thing I ever do.

It's true though, there aren't enough people playing tournaments to support more of them. Just go hang out on the event page and watch how long some of them take to start. It's long enough that people give up and leave after having joined.

So make them all available all the time. Why restrict/rotate at all? What's the logic? I really don't get it. So arbitrary. Even the duration (one week) doesn't make any sense. If you have to rotate it, do it hourly. Why not just have eight events? Each of formats with each of the prizes available all the time.... doesn't that make more sense? What prevents that?

you should remember some ppl would exchange their coins with tickets so we need a coin event 

and felidae_ explained why we cant have many tourneys i know at peak time you wont notice this but sometimes event stay at 0~4/8 for a long time

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you should remember some ppl would exchange their coins with tickets so we need a coin event 

and felidae_ explained why we cant have many tourneys i know at peak time you wont notice this but sometimes event stay at 0~4/8 for a long time

I've never participated in any coin event cuz I don't need so many tickets lol...

Actually...the only purpose of this post is to inform you that I downvoted your post by mistake :P

Pokemon team can look at the game stats to confirm or refute this.... but my hypothesis based on my experience is that the standard event with packs as prizes is most popular and fills 8 places most consistently. If that's correct, my suggestion is that this should be running all the time. Based on my own experience, the impact of taking this event away is not to "try other types of formats" (why would I waste a scarce and valuable resource????) but rather to not participate at all... for a whole week! So this rotation thing is actually suppressing my participation. And I expect that's the case for many others interested in playing with the latest cards for the latest card packs. The Pokemon team spends so much time introducing and promoting new cards/sets, that it would be shocking if the standard event for prizes wasn't the most popular event by far. If so, why ever remove it? I'd only participate in the other formats if they were free. I simply don't think the game is matching supply to demand.

You can always play in the Hidden Moon tournaments.. er.. I mean "Theme Deck" arena.

/s

Thanks for the suggestion... but I take it from your comment that the theme decks aren't well balanced. That's not the experience I'm looking for... if it boils down to having optimal deck and luck of the draw. None of the fun of deck building or reacting to opponent's card choices. If you know what's coming, might as well just make an event that's a roulette wheel for prizes! No thanks

Always assumed theme decks were meant for beginners. Don't think the game will benefit from driving more competitive and analytical payers in to these events (but maybe that's what happens in there anyhow)

Edited by ScottMacD

Pokemon team can look at the game stats to confirm or refute this.... but my hypothesis based on my experience is that the standard event with packs as prizes is most popular and fills 8 places most consistently. If that's correct, my suggestion is that this should be running all the time. Based on my own experience, the impact of taking this event away is not to "try other types of formats" (why would I waste a scarce and valuable resource????) but rather to not participate at all... for a whole week! So this rotation thing is actually suppressing my participation. And I expect that's the case for many others interested in playing with the latest cards for the latest card packs. The Pokemon team spends so much time introducing and promoting new cards/sets, that it would be shocking if the standard event for prizes wasn't the most popular event by far. If so, why ever remove it? I'd only participate in the other formats if they were free. I simply don't think the game is matching supply to demand.

theme tourneys imo are filled faster (and it offer then same rewords) and expended is filled as will at sometimes more then standard (trust me i play all 3 expended for some reason is filled with noobs)

+ as expended players have to wait a week for pack to rotate and multi weeks to rotate to a good pack

I've never participated in any coin event cuz I don't need so many tickets lol...

Actually...the only purpose of this post is to inform you that I downvoted your post by mistake :P

haha we need a revote option here