wait what?(about ladder)

UselessEX

Kinda disappointed to be honest i would expect at least the packs to be from burning shadows since i want to grind them and try to pull gx's i want.

Edited by EpicShonenGuy
  • Upvote 2

Kinda disappointed to be honest i would expect at least the packs to be from burning shadows since i want grind them and try to pull gx's i want.

This

I really hope tier 3 is still 5 BUS otherwise this month is just going to suck. I am sorry, but I don't even have the cards for standard yet I do not want to get random cards that I cannot buy, that I cannot use, that I cannot build a deck with.

I hope this does not happen again.

I hope they don't start promoting legacy this way. 

I am sure some people like it. But others don't.

Maybe they can have 3 simultaneous ladders? Like the player chooses which ladder to do. This would actually solve the problem of 4000+VS points. It would drive me crazy, but at least at worst I can complete just my standard and be happy.

I assume the focus on Expanded is due to the current Regional Championship series ( https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/regional-championships/) , which is split 50/50 between Standard and Expanded, at least in the US.

Adding a bit of support to the Expanded and Legacy format is a nice touch on top.

Personally I'm a bit torn about this. On the one hand I'd like to open more Standard relevant boosters, as those are the cards I'm currently looking for. Likewise I can understand that new players aren't going to get much value out of PF packs and Virizion EX ( even though both are great). On the other hand I like the fact that the less popular formats get some love as well and with a ratio of 10 Standard ladders to 1 Expanded ladder ( rough estimation), I don't see a real reason to complain that much about it.

Either way, free cards, packs, coins, tournament tickets and chest can never be wrong, so let's enjoy this new ladder and who knows, maybe you pull that SR Ultra Ball from one of those packs :D.

• Upvote 1

Kinda disappointed to be honest i would expect at least the packs to be from burning shadows since i want grind them and try to pull gx's i want.

This

I really hope tier 3 is still 5 BUS otherwise this month is just going to suck. I am sorry, but I don't even have the cards for standard yet I do not want to get random cards that I cannot buy, that I cannot use, that I cannot build a deck with.

I hope this does not happen again.

I hope they don't start promoting legacy this way. 

I am sure some people like it. But others don't.

Maybe they can have 3 simultaneous ladders? Like the player chooses which ladder to do. This would actually solve the problem of 4000+VS points. It would drive me crazy, but at least at worst I can complete just my standard and be happy.

while i agree that i would like locked bus packs over freeze i dont see a big problem with one expended ladder for expended and legacy players (theres 1 ex that i want from plasma freeze though hope i pull it)

I assume the focus on Expanded is due to the current Regional Championship series ( https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/pokemon-events/pokemon-tournaments/regional-championships/) , which is split 50/50 between Standard and Expanded, at least in the US.

Adding a bit of support to the Expanded and Legacy format is a nice touch on top.

Personally I'm a bit torn about this. On the one hand I'd like to open more Standard relevant boosters, as those are the cards I'm currently looking for. Likewise I can understand that new players aren't going to get much value out of PF packs and Virizion EX ( even though both are great). On the other hand I like the fact that the less popular formats get some love as well and with a ratio of 10 Standard ladders to 1 Expanded ladder ( rough estimation), I don't see a real reason to complain that much about it.

Either way, free cards, packs, coins, tournament tickets and chest can never be wrong, so let's enjoy this new ladder and who knows, maybe you pull that SR Ultra Ball from one of those packs :D.

if i got an sr ultra ball i would be way to sad because it would be locked i dont care much about gold :P

I personally love the PF packs on the ladder. Virizion is also good if you want to build that particular deck. The evo lines are terrible though and the FA is also lacklustre. Oh well. Maybe the next one will be better.

• Upvote 1

I personally love the PF packs on the ladder. Virizion is also good if you want to build that particular deck. The evo lines are terrible though and the FA is also lacklustre. Oh well. Maybe the next one will be better.

The EXs and FA are things I don't otherwise have in my collection, but then so are the roses. I'm unlikely to ever use any of them, or most of what I get from the PF packs, as I rarely play Expanded.

(I did for the Fairy challenges we have had of late, since it was easier to use an old deck there.)

Following the Standard Set Rotation, there are fewer items to choose from for Standard to make up Ladder rewards.  Going forward, you can expect to see more Ladders with rewards that are not Standard legal, but rather for use in Expanded.  

Following the Standard Set Rotation, there are fewer items to choose from for Standard to make up Ladder rewards. Going forward, you can expect to see more Ladders with rewards that are not Standard legal, but rather for use in Expanded.

Fair enough for items.. Older Pokemon and FA trainers etc are fine....but no old packs please!!!! Packs are (were?) only really exciting part of the ladder! My feedback here is "Please don't wreck this." Old packs are total duds!!! Edited by ScottMacD

Fair enough for items.. Older Pokemon and FA trainers etc are fine....but no old packs please!!!! Packs are (were?) only really exciting part of the ladder! My feedback here is "Please don't wreck this." Old packs are total duds!!!

The exact packs on this ladder are Plasma Freeze. While nearly all the cards in each pack are going to be worthless if you don't play expanded, the set is among the most valuable for trading, so there's more likely to be something "good" in there.

Of course, since they aren't tradable at all, ever, the value of the booster packs on the ladder goes down pretty rapidly regardless of what set it is.

(I did pull 2 Gardevoir GX from tradelocked packs, so yeah, I can see where some of the newer ones would be better.)

Really don't like these old packs on ladder. Big disappointment. Hope it is not repeated. Current pack only please.

Thankfully I am super busy this 3week period. So it works out that I am not stressed about completing a useless ladder, although part of me still wants the 5packs I don't really care as much as if it were BUS.

Fair enough for items.. Older Pokemon and FA trainers etc are fine....but no old packs please!!!! Packs are (were?) only really exciting part of the ladder! My feedback here is "Please don't wreck this." Old packs are total duds!!!

Oh god, I agree. Please keep packs new.

It is cool to get old packs that you can't buy anymore... but for new players it is a slap in the face when I am still trying to find new cards.

Edited by MysterQ

Following the Standard Set Rotation, there are fewer items to choose from for Standard to make up Ladder rewards.  Going forward, you can expect to see more Ladders with rewards that are not Standard legal, but rather for use in Expanded.  

That really does not sound true at all.

If you are trying to increase expanded play fine, but there are plenty of cards to keep gving in standard. Heck you can get 6+months on just prizing out BREAK evolutions like Greninja, Carbink, Zoroark, Trev, Yanmega, Xerneas, or even fun ones like Talonflame, Ratticate, Golduck, Bronzong, Delphox, Yyvetal, Omastar.

6 BREAKS that have been standard playable and a bunch that can be played. That is a lot of time, and then you can rotate into more EX and Mega-EX before going into GX.

That really does not sound true at all.

If you are trying to increase expanded play fine, but there are plenty of cards to keep gving in standard. Heck you can get 6+months on just prizing out BREAK evolutions like Greninja, Carbink, Zoroark, Trev, Yanmega, Xerneas, or even fun ones like Talonflame, Ratticate, Golduck, Bronzong, Delphox, Yyvetal, Omastar.

6 BREAKS that have been standard playable and a bunch that can be played. That is a lot of time, and then you can rotate into more EX and Mega-EX before going into GX.

you did not put zoroark in the (fun ones) :angry:  :angry:

Well Zoroark was in the competitive list because (even if only a few months) he did see high level play.

it has one of the most fun attacks though even if it become meta its attack is the most fun and unique between most cards (after epic splash of course)

• 1 month later...

A more constructive suggestion: If you’re determined to put old packs on the ladder, make them tradeable.

To be clear, I’m not saying make all ladder packs tradeable (it’s very fun to get and open a new pack!). I’m saying, if you’re going to insist on putting these undesirable old packs on the ladder, then let players who don’t care about them (at alll!), trade them with the people who do (presuming they exist).

Better yet, just don’t put these old packs on the ladder ever again. Cards, fine. Packs, no.

My feedback is that your idea of an “expanded” theme ladder prizes sucks

• Upvote 1