reward 20 days challenge

yoyo80s

Hello,

I don't think that's gonna be much relevant but I supposed 20 days reward could help smoothing some part of the game such as trades.

So I was thinking, considering TAPU-LELE is almost mandatory and trades atm for about 30 boosters, that you could give a pair (instead of some Lugia-ex) durring next 20 days challenge.

I understand the business part of selling real boosters for real cash but such a discrepancy ruins the purpose of trading.

Anyway, the 2 TAPU-LELE wouldn't be tradable so I guess there would be even a stronger motivation buying 60 boosters (or even just 40 if value drops a bit)to get the remaining so I suppose you could please people, make money and wider the number of player involved in competitive environment all at once.

Thank you for reading.

• Upvote 1

As someone who's looking to get hiss hands on two copies of Tapu Lele for weeks now I have to say: That's a horrible idea.

While your intentions are good and I'll agree on the fact that the card might be slightly overpriced at the moment ( due to the demand), giving every player two free copies can't be the solution here.

What's the point of having a trading game, where players spend hours setting up their trades and owning entire businesses, when you get the most valuable card (discounting FA / SR cards) at the moment for free.

But why stop there, why don't we throw 4 copies of Tropical Beach in there? Or how about a Victini Vivid Set ?

Let's be grateful for the amount of free stuff we can earn each day / week / month, but don't get greedy. Yeah, Tapu Lele is a bit pricey, but if you set your mind to it, stock up on some packs and be patient, you'll get your set in no time =).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

PTCG is already a very very cheap game compared to other card games such as magic the gathering. Even if you have full decks of FA URs, it doesnt cost that much. Tapu lele is cheap in my opinion. I mean, it is expensive because it is good. If you play card games you have to pay the money. 

You may say that this is not fair but this is how the world works. If everyone gets the same stuff, that is unfair to rich players. 

As someone who's looking to get hiss hands on two copies of Tapu Lele for weeks now I have to say: That's a horrible idea.

While your intentions are good and I'll agree on the fact that the card might be slightly overpriced at the moment ( due to the demand), giving every player two free copies can't be the solution here.

What's the point of having a trading game, where players spend hours setting up their trades and owning entire businesses, when you get the most valuable card (discounting FA / SR cards) at the moment for free.

But why stop there, why don't we throw 4 copies of Tropical Beach in there? Or how about a Victini Vivid Set ?

Let's be grateful for the amount of free stuff we can earn each day / week / month, but don't get greedy. Yeah, Tapu Lele is a bit pricey, but if you set your mind to it, stock up on some packs and be patient, you'll get your set in no time =).

Your views are always against helping anyone.

This isn't a trading card game. This is a tcg simulator with very limited trading opportunity. Even if some people got a free TLgx it wouldn't ruin the hours of trades other people had, because they already have what they need and TLgx would actually still retain a lot of its value.

• Downvote 1

PTCG is already a very very cheap game compared to other card games such as magic the gathering. Even if you have full decks of FA URs, it doesnt cost that much. Tapu lele is cheap in my opinion. I mean, it is expensive because it is good. If you play card games you have to pay the money. 

You may say that this is not fair but this is how the world works. If everyone gets the same stuff, that is unfair to rich players. 

At least you are upfront about favoring the Pay2Win model.

• Upvote 1

This isn't a trading card game. This is a tcg simulator with very limited trading opportunity.

The trading opportunities in PTCGO are far in excess of what you will find trading physical cards in any way that does not continuously risk your losing whatever you want to trade without getting anything in return.

This isn't a trading card game. This is a tcg simulator with very limited trading opportunity. Even if some people got a free TLgx it wouldn't ruin the hours of trades other people had, because they already have what they need and TLgx would actually still retain a lot of its value.

It is too a trading card game.  Yes, it's online, but what does that have to do with anything?  The basis of the game is to trade for the cards you want or need for your deck or your collection.  Lele's value is completely dependent on demand.  Right now, just about everyone needs 1-3 copies, and so it's extremely expensive.  But if you give away two free ones to everyone, then most people wont need any, and the value would drop to about normal for a good GX.

I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to help newer players, but you can't sac the entire market for it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

sir no need for such an aggressive comment lets look at all points in a fair way

as much as i want a lele my self (i only have 1) i agree with felidae point lele is pricey card for her goodness so if everyone had 2 extra lele they wont demand more at all meaning anyone who had a lele or trade might get his trade screwed 

sir no need for such an aggressive comment lets look at all points in a fair way

as much as i want a lele my self (i only have 1) i agree with felidae point lele is pricey card for her goodness so if everyone had 2 extra lele they wont demand more at all meaning anyone who had a lele or trade might get his trade screwed 

It isn't our job to support a secondary market. And anyone using this secondary market as a method of profit (if there is anyone doing that) already knows the risk they are incurring.

And as I said, I don't think 2xLele would disrupt the price that much. 

If anything, I feel it would be unfair to any players who create accounts later because they will feel the same struggle of no Lele we have now.

But I certainly will not support this false notion of the secondary market is important to maintain, when it isn't.

It isn't our job to support a secondary market. And anyone using this secondary market as a method of profit (if there is anyone doing that) already knows the risk they are incurring.

And as I said, I don't think 2xLele would disrupt the price that much. 

If anything, I feel it would be unfair to any players who create accounts later because they will feel the same struggle of no Lele we have now.

But I certainly will not support this false notion of the secondary market is important to maintain, when it isn't.

That's quite a sweeping statement, don't you think?  After all, there's not much fun in trying to complete one's collection if all the cards are equally common.

At least you are upfront about favoring the Pay2Win model.

There is no paying to win model.

Let me give an example: I love this game so I MAYBE spend a bit more than most people. The decks I own in both reality and online are all full arts. However, my full arts does not give me any advantage over the regular version.

What I mean here is that good cards do not guarantee that you win. But you will have to pay the minimum amount to get the essential cards. Giving an idea of sending good cards to new players is insane. Whats the point of owning tons of ultra rares if they dont worth money. You can ask any decent player and they will tell you the same.