More chat emojis/phrases

Juiseboy

I think that there are too few chat options in the game right now. I feel very limited when i try to say something to my opponent. It would be cool if there would be more ways to chat in the next update.

Few useful ones could be "Oops", "Good game", lucky emoji (4 leafed clover or something like that), "Good luck" and sleep emoji or "Zzz..." text.

What do you guys think?

• Upvote 2

I agree though I would like to see "Good show!" or "Thanks for playing," as alternative "ending" phrases.  It might sound petty, especially to those with a different background from myself, but "Well played!" comes across very poorly if both players don't agree that person actually played well.  There is no way to tell if the other person is just trying to show respect and gratitude after a game or is trying to rub salt in the wound.  Most ways of trying to signify this with the current options still allow it to go either way (such as by trying to add a friendly emoticon...).

The Pokémon TCG is a game where not only can you play poorly and lose, but you can play poorly and still win, lose primarily due to the match-up e.g. Deck A > Deck B, due to coin flips (including who went first), due to what has been Prized, and to luck of the draw.  Can the proposed phrases still be mistaken (or intentionally used) as insults?  Sure, but it takes a bit more effort.

• Upvote 2

Otakutron, on 03 Sept 2017 - 4:55 PM, said:Otakutron, on 03 Sept 2017 - 4:55 PM, said:

..."Well played!" comes across very poorly if both players don't agree that person actually played well. There is no way to tell if the other person is just trying to show respect and gratitude after a game or is trying to rub salt in the wound...

I will use that if:

1. I needed to work hard to win

2. I lost despite my best efforts in a game that didn't end early

3. We both needed one more knockout to win, win or lose.

Otherwise, there's nothing there to say, especially if I haven't seen enough of my opponent's deck to complement that. At best, a loss gets a :( .

What is it that needs to be censored in the word "I" followed by the word "had" with a close parenthesis before the first word?

Edited by SandaledOtter

• 1 month later...

It might be cool to have messages like:

"Oops I made a mistake"

"Learn something new every day"

"Love that card"

These are just ideas, not fully though out :)