Building ultimate psychic deck

MacTavishCZ

Hello good souls. I need little advice or bigger help with building ultimate psychic deck. What i read on this forum, this actual deck is bad but in fact i have with him 70% win rate and when i lost it was really close in 15% of my loses:).. However id like to beat up that cheating ex or gx decks its really frustrating when someone play on star 4 gx or ex cards and destroy you in 3 turns basically. So i am asking for help how to improve this deck and create that ultimate psychic deck :). I will be grateful for any advice. Thank you :)

Have a nice day :*

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 2 Cosmog SUM 64

* 2 Cosmoem SUM 65

* 2 Lunala GRI 61

* 1 Drowzee BKP 50

* 1 Hypno BKP 51

* 1 Elgyem BKT 73

* 1 Beheeyem BKT 74

* 1 Gothita FAC 32

* 1 Gothorita GRI 53

* 1 Gothitelle GRI 54

* 1 Mew EVO 53

* 1 Mewtwo EVO 51

* 1 Misdreavus BKT 65

* 1 Oricorio GRI 55

* 1 Sigilyph BKP 55

* 1 Wobbuffet BKT 67

##Trainer Cards - 23

* 1 Professor's Letter XY 123

* 1 Giovanni's Scheme BKT 138

* 2 Timer Ball SUM 134

* 1 Acerola BUS 112

* 1 Revive ROS 88

* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 94

* 1 Evosoda XY 116

* 1 Fisherman BKT 136

* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93

* 2 Potion KSS 37

* 1 Altar of the Moone GRI 117

* 1 Tierno BKP 112

* 1 Choice Band GRI 121

* 1 Switch BCR 135

* 1 Shauna XY 127

* 2 Professor Kukui SUM 128

* 1 Exp. Share PRC 128

##Energy - 18

* 17 Psychic Energy 5

* 1 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

dont call ppl decks (cheateing) just because you dont like their cards ex and gx have many counters,

and most of them are pure garbage like charizard-gx and ex 

now for your deck :

first of all you need to focus your deck on 1 pokemon or 1 attack

by that i mean run many of that pokemon and run some pokemon that support it

for example pick lunala and build a deck around it, a good start is having 4 cosmog 3~4 cosmoem and 3 lunala and 1 lunala GX i know you hate gx but hear me (or read me) first 

lunala gx attack are garbage and the gx attack is decent sometimes but not always however the ability is so great with normal lunala as it allow you to move energys around which mean you can use wing of the moone to move energys back and if the main lunala is not knocked use lunala gx ability to move the energy back to lunala and use the attack again and if they knock out lunala you lose 0 energy and can still attack with another pokemon and you can stack lots of energy and use shatter shot to knock out anything later

(you can get lunala gx though trading im sure shes super cheap)

now moving to support pokemon

tapu lele gx is OP as a support but hard to get due to her price in trading 

octillrey from bkp is a great supporting pokemon and not that expensive a 2-2 line of him would be great or maybe a 2-1 line

in case if you dont have octillrey ,oranguru is another option and is cheap (he is in roaring heat deck) and can be useful if you run out of cards it also have a good attack in case you needed it  2 or 1 is enough

2 of Alolen.vulpix from guardian rising  is also a good supporting pokemon for your deck you can use his attack for free to search 2 of your pokemons it will allow you to set up your stage 2s (you can also add 1 alolan nine tales from burning shadows to block enemy ex and gx until you have your lunala ready)

i would kick all the other pokemons you have now 

now for trainers:

3~4 alter of the moone would allow you to control the stadium

for supporters your choice have almost no draw power :

4 sycamore will help you draw a lot of cards the discard is annoying sometimes but you can get any pokemon or energy back though super rods or rescue

4 Ns will help you draw a lot of cards early game without discarding you can also use to slow down a winning opponent 

3~4 guzma allow you to drag any threat on the bench or drag a damaged pokemon that your opponent hide you can also get around the own switching part with altar of the moone

3 brigette brigette will allow you to set up multi basic on the bench useful in the first turns though

for tools:

i would go with 3~4 choice bands to hit those EX and gx hard enough

for other items:

4 ultra balls this will allow you to find the pokemon you need the time you need it you can discard extra cards in your hand before using sycamore or discard extra brigette ect ect 

2 field blower : to get rid of enemy tools and stadium 

2~3 mix of rescue (guardian rising) and/or super rod : to get pokemons back 

2~3 max potions (just an option) : you can use lunala gx ability to move energys from damaged pokemon the use max potion then use lunala gx ability again to move energy backs

3 rare candy : because cosmog love candys and will become a lunala faster with it :P

3~max elixirs ( just an option) : allow you to attach more energys and with lunala gx you can move energys back

for energys : 10 energy's should be enough if you did not pick max elixirs but if you did add 2~3 more maybe

sorry if i forget anything :)

• Upvote 1

dont call ppl decks (cheateing) just because you dont like their cards ex and gx have many counters,

and most of them are pure garbage like charizard-gx and ex 

now for your deck :

first of all you need to focus your deck on 1 pokemon or 1 attack

by that i mean run many of that pokemon and run some pokemon that support it

for example pick lunala and build a deck around it, a good start is having 4 cosmog 3~4 cosmoem and 3 lunala and 1 lunala GX i know you hate gx but hear me (or read me) first 

lunala gx attack are garbage and the gx attack is decent sometimes but not always however the ability is so great with normal lunala as it allow you to move energys around which mean you can use wing of the moone to move energys back and if the main lunala is not knocked use lunala gx ability to move the energy back to lunala and use the attack again and if they knock out lunala you lose 0 energy and can still attack with another pokemon and you can stack lots of energy and use shatter shot to knock out anything later

(you can get lunala gx though trading im sure shes super cheap)

now moving to support pokemon

tapu lele gx is OP as a support but hard to get due to her price in trading 

octillrey from bkp is a great supporting pokemon and not that expensive a 2-2 line of him would be great or maybe a 2-1 line

in case if you dont have octillrey ,oranguru is another option and is cheap (he is in roaring heat deck) and can be useful if you run out of cards it also have a good attack in case you needed it  2 or 1 is enough

2 of Alolen.vulpix from guardian rising  is also a good supporting pokemon for your deck you can use his attack for free to search 2 of your pokemons it will allow you to set up your stage 2s (you can also add 1 alolan nine tales from burning shadows to block enemy ex and gx until you have your lunala ready)

i would kick all the other pokemons you have now 

now for trainers:

3~4 alter of the moone would allow you to control the stadium

for supporters your choice have almost no draw power :

4 sycamore will help you draw a lot of cards the discard is annoying sometimes but you can get any pokemon or energy back though super rods or rescue

4 Ns will help you draw a lot of cards early game without discarding you can also use to slow down a winning opponent 

3~4 guzma allow you to drag any threat on the bench or drag a damaged pokemon that your opponent hide you can also get around the own switching part with altar of the moone

3 brigette brigette will allow you to set up multi basic on the bench useful in the first turns though

for tools:

i would go with 3~4 choice bands to hit those EX and gx hard enough

for other items:

4 ultra balls this will allow you to find the pokemon you need the time you need it you can discard extra cards in your hand before using sycamore or discard extra brigette ect ect 

2 field blower : to get rid of enemy tools and stadium 

2~3 mix of rescue (guardian rising) and/or super rod : to get pokemons back 

2~3 max potions (just an option) : you can use lunala gx ability to move energys from damaged pokemon the use max potion then use lunala gx ability again to move energy backs

3 rare candy : because cosmog love candys and will become a lunala faster with it :P

3~max elixirs ( just an option) : allow you to attach more energys and with lunala gx you can move energys back

for energys : 10 energy's should be enough if you did not pick max elixirs but if you did add 2~3 more maybe

sorry if i forget anything :)

Wow thank you for advice i will try this combination :) . I have question about Gengar, is he good or really bad?

That cheating was not mean bad, just ironic with no offense :) ... This deck i actually build only because old friend Mewtwo (ohh memories... :) ) and because it is a standard deck :D .. back to topic... i have only tapu koko for now.. i like the idea with lunala and moving energy, it sound like little cheating :D :) ... one more question...what about some Mewtwo ex or gx? Is it worth?

Thanks for reply :)

Have a nice day :)

Wow thank you for advice i will try this combination :) . I have question about Gengar, is he good or really bad?

That cheating was not mean bad, just ironic with no offense :) ... This deck i actually build only because old friend Mewtwo (ohh memories... :) ) and because it is a standard deck :D .. back to topic... i have only tapu koko for now.. i like the idea with lunala and moving energy, it sound like little cheating :D :) ... one more question...what about some Mewtwo ex or gx? Is it worth?

Thanks for reply :)

Have a nice day :)

if you talk about gengar creep show he is not bad if you build around him and very fun to play 

mewtwo is a cool pokemon indeed :) but he dont see that much play in both standard and expended because of other psychic Pokemon like gabodor (guardian rising) in standard being meta and nightmarch in expended being an auto lose for him

oh and tapu koko gx need a deck around him he is a main attacker not a support one however the promo normal tapu koko sees a lot of play as a 2nd attacker in many many decks

the lunala moving energys is just a small tactic theres many more powerful tactics out there

and for your last question mewtwo ex is normally played in a mega mewtwo deck as an evolve pokemon however as i said before he suffer weakness a lot as many and its not a strong deck at all atm still playable 

and mewtwo gx have not been released yet