How to deal with Alolan Ninetales with out Gabodor after rotation?

OhMyKidney

you can use guzma after attacking switch him into zard drag one enemy ex/gx and bang if they bring another A ninetales you can use a switch into resh again

Ha! I forgot about Guzma's full effect! I'll just tough it out til October, :)

no way can your FIRE deck slot in 4 passimians and be fine.

I will look into it. Right now i am also relying on my one-of Hex Maniac, which works for now.

He's right, I simply misread the card as 'Pokemon' rather than 'Passimian, my original idea was tech one or two Passimian to beat face, not 4 plus Mews. As soon as I realized my mistake it blew like the wind.

Hex Maniac only lasts for nother couple locals, and no one's using Ninetales yet, with Tapu Lele rampant and Hex Maniac and 4 VS Seeker as backup.

Maybe GR Weavile? Use Glaceon EX's Crystal ray on Alolan Ninetales and it can't hurt your Glaceon EX + use Greninja break from your bench to attack A Ninetales.

How so? Doesn't Ninetales prevent all effects generated by an attack? We already touched on this via Trap Shell.

Edited by LordCharizardX

Sine Hex Maniac will be out after rotation.  Alolan Ninetales's ability is quite difficult to deal with without Gabodor for most of my EX/GX based decks.  Is there any recommended why to solve this problem?

Pokemon

2 Glaceon EX

3 Froakie

3 Frogadier    Water Duplicates 

2 Greninja    Shadow Stitching

1 Greninja   Water Shuriken

3 Greninja   Break

1 Tapu Fini GX

Energies

8 Water basic

2 DCE

Stadium

2 Rough Seas

2 Brooklet Hill

Supporters

3 Guzma (or Lysandre)

3 Wicke (or N)

3 Sycamore

1 Lillie

1 Kukui

1 Skyla

Items

3 Aqua patch

3 Dive ball

2 Trainers mail

1 Field blower       

1 Rescue stretcher

2 Max elixir (or Fresh water set)

3 VS seeker

Tools

3 Choice band

------------------------------

60 cards

"How so? Doesn't Ninetales prevent all effects generated by an attack? We already touched on this via Trap Shell."

No, I battled with AN against Glaceon EX and Crystal Ray's effect was active. It didn't hurt me but I could not hurt G EX too.

Pokemon

2 Glaceon EX

3 Froakie

3 Frogadier    Water Duplicates 

2 Greninja    Shadow Stitching

1 Greninja   Water Shuriken

3 Greninja   Break

1 Tapu Fini GX

Energies

8 Water basic

2 DCE

Stadium

2 Rough Seas

2 Brooklet Hill

Supporters

3 Guzma (or Lysandre)

3 Wicke (or N)

3 Sycamore

1 Lillie

1 Kukui

1 Skyla

Items

3 Aqua patch

3 Dive ball

2 Trainers mail

1 Field blower       

1 Rescue stretcher

2 Max elixir (or Fresh water set)

3 VS seeker

Tools

3 Choice band

------------------------------

60 cards

He's wsking about post rotation, in which quite a lot of that will be gone, Trainers' Mail, Rough Seas, VS Seeker, Water Shuriken Greninja, etc.

"How so? Doesn't Ninetales prevent all effects generated by an attack? We already touched on this via Trap Shell."

No, I battled with AN against Glaceon EX and Crystal Ray's effect was active. It didn't hurt me but I could not hurt G EX too.

If that's true, then that's either a bug in TCGO, or it's just a state of stalemate, sure, you can't get at him, but if he can't get at you either it requires some careful planning and the hope you can't push it back to the Bench.

If that's true, then that's either a bug in TCGO, or it's just a state of stalemate, sure, you can't get at him, but if he can't get at you either it requires some careful planning and the hope you can't push it back to the Bench.

It is not a bug because the effect is affecting Glaceon EX not Alolan Ninetales.

Edited by Untilitbreaks

How do you armor A9T? Dumbbells?

If you don't wanna get KO'd by one shot, yes. You can add Choice band ,Wishfull button or Assault vest (most of the decks are running DCE).

Assuming an all-water (energy at least) deck, what's the best supporters for A9T and how do EX/GX decks counter those?

BTW: If you want to test against (rather shoddy I admit) A9T decks then invite me in for a game when I'm online.

Assuming an all-water (energy at least) deck, what's the best supporters for A9T and how do EX/GX decks counter those?

BTW: If you want to test against (rather shoddy I admit) A9T decks then invite me in for a game when I'm online.

Alolan Ninetales just won Worlds Seniors without needing E/GX blocking. Look up the decklist on the Pokémon website.

Edit: To counter the non-GX, use Hex Maniac.

Edited by theotherguytm

Trying a focused Luminous Frost

All three evo chains fetch cards. Mallow sets up cards for a pair of Slush Rush. Finally Birch shuffles the gigantic hand back into the deck.

Sandslashes negate poison barbs. But still subject to break rat bites that have bench poisoning, paralyzing and other retreat blockers that Zoro break does better against.

* 3 Doduo BKT 116
* 2 Dodrio BKT 117
* 4 Alolan Sandshrew GRI 19
* 3 Alolan Sandslash GRI 20
* 3 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Vulpix BUS 27
* 3 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

* 2 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 1 Lana BUS 117
* 1 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Bodybuilding Dumbbells BUS 113
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Mallow GRI 127
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 3 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 3 Professor Kukui SUM 128

* 12 Water Energy Energy 3
* 2 Double Colorless Energy XY 130

Edited by Xi_of_SCS

Uhm Garbodor doesnt even rotate out tho. Also until it rotates we still get new cards who will solve such problems.

Basically, I mean Hex Maniac will be rotated out, and I don't want to put Garbodor in my deck.

Sry for not making it clear.

Instead of just conceding when I put forwards an Alolan Vulpix (Run away, run away!), why not add non-EX/GX Metagross to your deck? Iron Cannon blasts the foxes and Magnetic Warp lets you escape from status effects and unfavorable match ups.

Instead of just conceding when I put forwards an Alolan Vulpix (Run away, run away!), why not add non-EX/GX Metagross to your deck? Iron Cannon blasts the foxes and Magnetic Warp lets you escape from status effects and unfavorable match ups.

Too slow to get out regularly, too expensive to be an attacker, and too weak compared to other similar support Pokémon (Solgeleo GX, Zoroark). If you are really worried that much by Alolan Ninetales, drop 3 of any Energy on Oranguru, and 1HKO it with Psychic. Assuming Alolan Ninetales is attacking and not just walling, in which case 2HKO it.

you do not need to use an non ex/gx metagross, sense Ninetails is weak to metal, you can just use matang, with 2 geotechs and 1 energy from the hand its an easy knock out

• Upvote 1