How to deal with Alolan Ninetales with out Gabodor after rotation?

OhMyKidney

Sine Hex Maniac will be out after rotation.  Alolan Ninetales's ability is quite difficult to deal with without Gabodor for most of my EX/GX based decks.  Is there any recommended why to solve this problem?

you can run a normal pokemon that share the same evo line with your gx (for example : running a gallade in gardevoir deck)

or a basic attack like oranguru or mewtwo

Passimian would be better than Oranguru to attack with wouldn't it? Lower energy requirements and more easily controlled damage output.

The Ninetales has be combat ready for Oranguru to ohko it, where Passimian can ohko even an empty Ninetales, and only requires two energy. I play a Fire deck so my options are limited.

Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon, but if you mean the Evolutions Mewtwo, even against a fully powered Ninetales it's a 2-hit ko and I'd rather get the quick kill on something like that.

Edited by LordCharizardX

Passimian would be better than Oranguru to attack with wouldn't it? Lower energy requirements and more easily controlled damage output.

The Ninetales has be combat ready for Oranguru to ohko it, where Passimian can ohko even an empty Ninetales, and only requires two energy. I play a Fire deck so my options are limited.

Mewtwo is one of my favorite Pokemon, but if you mean the Evolutions Mewtwo, even against a fully powered Ninetales it's a 2-hit ko and I'd rather get the quick kill on something like that.

passimian will need half your bench space to be effective and take 4 slots at least does not help if you are against other decks and might brick you hand a lot 

so unless if you have empty benchs passimian is not a great choice

edit : he cant even one shot it without ffb or mew as attacker 

Edited by UselessEX

4 bench spots with no other modifiers is 130 damage, unless Ninetales is holding a Belt, that indeed equals a ko at 130 v. 110, and my bench usually has 3-4 on Bench anyway, but unless you know of a better option, as I'm using a fire deck, everything I can find either does less damage or need much more energy, :(

4 bench spots with no other modifiers is 130 damage, unless Ninetales is holding a Belt, that indeed equals a ko at 130 v. 110, and my bench usually has 3-4 on Bench anyway, but unless you know of a better option, as I'm using a fire deck, everything I can find either does less damage or need much more energy, :(

i said you need mew for one shot (since you cant have 5 pisseman)and belt dont work on ninetales :P

the problem is you gonna use lele and charizard if im not mistaken meaning you wont have enough bench space you need full bench for a mew and 4 passiman

anyway i was thinking of bisharp with his revenge attack and type can one shot A ninetales with one energy although his stage 1

or maybe mew fates alone to copy your pokemon ex/GX attacks

Edited by UselessEX

Oh! I see the confusion now! The copy I had says "Pokemon", but now I see, yeah I definitely don't have room for 4-5 slots, is there nothing out there that can be teched without massive commitment?

My worry

Oh! I see the confusion now! The copy I had says "Pokemon", but now I see, yeah I definitely don't have room for 4-5 slots, is there nothing out there that can be teched without massive commitment?

My worry

will unfortunately no you either go for the 2 hit ko or 1 hit gimmick with oranguru/mew ect ect 

Since you're running a fire deck (I assume you mean Volcanion/Turt/Ho-Oh):

You could add Rayquaza (GRI #106) - it's essentially the same as 'baby' volcanion (moves 2 energy from discard to bench) but it doesn't have the weakness to water, making it a 2HKO for Alolan Ninetails. 

actually its a 100 damage I play passimian mew a ton however sense ninetails is 2 shoting you back, if you attack first it CAN work as a counter. Also ninetails can't use belts I think you mean body building dumbbells however it would matter sense you do 200 in  the coruse of 2 turns anyways.

Like I mentioned before if you are running basics you can use mew from fates to simply copy your main attack. It also gives you the help of being able to 1 shot espieon gx easier. Sense you said you are using a fire deck and that there are pretty much only 2 fire decks that see a lot of play(maybe ho oh gx can become good in the future) here is what to do with both of them

If you are running turbo turtanator simply use shell trap if ninetails whats to attack it will get hit back, you may lose a turtanator but its worth it if they are only running 1 copy if they have a whole set you may want to tech in another attacker maybe the upcoming reshiram witch is the exact same as the old reshiram but instead of blue flare it has a copy of volcanion ex's attack and 1 more retreat cost.

if you are running volcanion use the baby volcanion, the second attack is really underrated its a great help at times, and this is one of them with a single steam up you can ko it without having to worry about losing a baby volcanions using power heater

If you are running a more rouge fire deck, say ho oh gx or flareion ex then simply wait until that reshiram I  mentioned comes out its in shining legends witch I believe comes out in September or early October its your best bet for a counter

If only there was some means to punish bench stuffing against Alohan Ninetails? It would be far too OP if it also rescued AN from status effects at zero cost in expended cards, right? And even worse would be if that same line also let you copy these EX/GX attacks that have no effect against you?

Can anybody trade me three beacon Vulpix and another Alolan Ninetales please?

* 1 Minccino FAC 86
* 1 Yveltal PR-XY XY06
* 2 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
* 4 Zorua BKT 89
* 3 Zoroark BKT 91
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Vulpix BUS 27
* 2 Alolan Ninetales BUS 28

* 2 Pokémon Fan Club FAC 107
* 3 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Wally ROS 94
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 2 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 4 Professor Kukui SUM 128

* 5 Water Energy Energy 3
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 6 Darkness Energy Energy 7

actually its a 100 damage I play passimian mew a ton however sense ninetails is 2 shoting you back, if you attack first it CAN work as a counter. Also ninetails can't use belts I think you mean body building dumbbells however it would matter sense you do 200 in  the coruse of 2 turns anyways.

Like I mentioned before if you are running basics you can use mew from fates to simply copy your main attack. It also gives you the help of being able to 1 shot espieon gx easier. Sense you said you are using a fire deck and that there are pretty much only 2 fire decks that see a lot of play(maybe ho oh gx can become good in the future) here is what to do with both of them

If you are running turbo turtanator simply use shell trap if ninetails whats to attack it will get hit back, you may lose a turtanator but its worth it if they are only running 1 copy if they have a whole set you may want to tech in another attacker maybe the upcoming reshiram witch is the exact same as the old reshiram but instead of blue flare it has a copy of volcanion ex's attack and 1 more retreat cost.

if you are running volcanion use the baby volcanion, the second attack is really underrated its a great help at times, and this is one of them with a single steam up you can ko it without having to worry about losing a baby volcanions using power heater

If you are running a more rouge fire deck, say ho oh gx or flareion ex then simply wait until that reshiram I  mentioned comes out its in shining legends witch I believe comes out in September or early October its your best bet for a counter

So the rebound effect or Trap Shell will still land on Ninetales? I thought still counted as the effect of an attack, which Ninetales would block. If so that actually helps me fortify a defense.

Pretty sure Trap Shell's rebound damage won't work with baby Ninetales.

Bisharp is another Pokemon you could consider. It's dark/metal type, which Ninetales is weak to, so as long as one of your Pokemon were knocked out last turn, it'll one shot Ninetales for one colorless energy. Give it a choice band and it'll be 10 damage shy of OHKOing a Gardy-GX for you (as Gardy is resistant to dark lol).

Edited by RestlessThought
  • Upvote 1

Thought so.

As for Bisharp, for it to be reliable I need to free 4 slots, and I just don't know if I have the room, especially something that relies on a KO to get a KO, my decklist is posted couple topics down if anyone can think of something.

Just not sure what kinda of presence Ninetales will have at my locals, and the closest higher-end events come to me is Dallas, it's not common for me to travel to higher venues.

I think a 1-1 line would be fine, it's unlikely you'll prize a piece in two out of three games. If you come up against an entire deck that is just baby Ninetales, you'll likely lose even with a 2-2 line. Your deck doesn't have any way to pull attackers back out of the discard to keep going in a full six prize game. And if you don't want to attack with Oranguru or baby Volc or Zoroark or Bisharp, you start to run out of decent answers. At least I can't think of many more :P May be time to just call it an autoloss and not bother teching against this one problem.

So the rebound effect or Trap Shell will still land on Ninetales? I thought still counted as the effect of an attack, which Ninetales would block. If so that actually helps me fortify a defense.

Ya I was wrong I just realiazed. The reason I was confused is that in the semi finals of my local league (its not official we run different formats at times, right now its Breakthrough to shinning legends) and my opponent shell trap ran thought my ninetails knowing my opponent well enough I thought we was correct over the ruling.

Sorry totally my bad shell trap would not work.

however the reshiram I mentioned will work(also I have got the released date confrimed shining legends will be out on the 4th of October)

Edited by ahoodedman

I think a 1-1 line would be fine, it's unlikely you'll prize a piece in two out of three games. If you come up against an entire deck that is just baby Ninetales, you'll likely lose even with a 2-2 line. Your deck doesn't have any way to pull attackers back out of the discard to keep going in a full six prize game. And if you don't want to attack with Oranguru or baby Volc or Zoroark or Bisharp, you start to run out of decent answers. At least I can't think of many more :P May be time to just call it an autoloss and not bother teching against this one problem.

Not evolution attackers, but I can (and thought about) use Rescue Stretcher, but I don't **********) see too many running it, especially as a full deck, too many in my locals and its Ability suddenly become useless, :P

Speaking of Reshiram, it has a solid punch, but I'm not a fan of him stunning himself, if he just couldn't use that one attack consecutively, it'd be heavier, because if they power that Ninetales to fight instead of just wall, Outrage would only get one shot if any, but as it stands it's probably my best choice once it's released.

Not evolution attackers, but I can (and thought about) use Rescue Stretcher, but I don't **********) see too many running it, especially as a full deck, too many in my locals and its Ability suddenly become useless, :P

Speaking of Reshiram, it has a solid punch, but I'm not a fan of him stunning himself, if he just couldn't use that one attack consecutively, it'd be heavier, because if they power that Ninetales to fight instead of just wall, Outrage would only get one shot if any, but as it stands it's probably my best choice once it's released.

you can use guzma after attacking switch him into zard drag one enemy ex/gx and bang if they bring another A ninetales you can use a switch into resh again

Maybe GR Weavile? Use Glaceon EX's Crystal ray on Alolan Ninetales and it can't hurt your Glaceon EX + use Greninja break from your bench to attack A Ninetales.

Edited by Untilitbreaks

no way can your FIRE deck slot in 4 passimians and be fine. 

I will look into it. Right now i am also relying on my one-of Hex Maniac, which works for now.

Edited by MysterQ

no way can your FIRE deck slot in 4 passimians and be fine. 

I will look into it. Right now i am also relying on my one-of Hex Maniac, which works for now.

we already addressed that if you read the other posts we dont need to go back to it