macboy02

Mimikyu Copycat Attack

macboy02

I was playing against a Darkrai EX deck.

I attacked into the Darkrai EX with my Necrozma GX using its Prismatic Burst attack, which did 50 damage since I only had one Psychic and a DCE attached.  My opponent then knocked out my active Necrozma GX with its Dark Pulse attack damage of 170.  

I brought my Mimikyu (GRI #58) active.  I attached a 2nd Psychic energy to it and attacked using its Copycat attack (Copycat: If your opponent’s Pokémon used an attack that isn’t a GX attack during their last turn, use it as this attack.).  I should have done 170 damage but the game only did 50 damage.   It appears to have just copied the amount of damage I did and not what my opponent did to me.

I wasn't able to grab a copy of the game log, unfortunately, to open a ticket.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Edited by macboy02

SandaledOtter

Dark Pulse 20+

This attack does 20 more damage for each Darkness Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

Assuming the extra 10 (30?) damage is from another card affecting it, did you actually have the 6 or 7 darkness energy on your own Pokemon?

50 damage is what a Mimikyu with Choice Band would do to an EX if you had no darkness energy and copied that attack.

ahoodedman

you are confusing copycat with mirror move witch does the exact same damage back

copy cat is the attack back not the damage, think of it like a mew ex. If your opponent does 30 damage and 10 more with a coin flip they use the attack and do 40 to you and you copy the attack you may only do 30 damage because of the coin flip. In this case you only did 50 damage sense you did not have enough dark energy in play