2 vs 2

slizzor

Whats about a 2vs2 fun mode or competetive? its very funny to play wit ha friend vs 2 other guys or 2 bots. i think wit hthis feature this game is the best tcg ever 

Doubles in PTCG was actually a thing back then. If you notice text on some old cards can read things like "Does x damage to each Defending pokemon" or "Remove x damage counters from each active pokemon"

None of the newer cards are designed with doubles in mind though.

Whats about a 2vs2 fun mode or competetive? its very funny to play wit ha friend vs 2 other guys or 2 bots. i think wit hthis feature this game is the best tcg ever 

However, until nothing of this sort is introduced in the real life game, it won't be implemented on PTCGO either. Again suggested in past and nothing happened. However, I am all open for newer sets and newer rules for a "doubles' PTCG game if it can be implemented in real life.

team mode exists but its with 3 players

you have a team of 3 players and instead of a best out of 3 game, each player plays 1 round another team's player  witch ever team wins the most of the 3 rounds wins the match

the thing is that team mode is used in events to save time sense all 3 rounds can be going at once (I believe they only do this in japan due to their larger player base then the rest of the world).

Ptcgo does not have the problem with time. It is possible that a team mode could be added, it would just not make sense so even if they would add team mode it would not be soon; has of right now they have other things to work on.

​This is, in my opinion, the one thing that MTG does really well, and Pokémon does terribly.  W.o.t.C .really puts a lot of effort into making sure their cards are compatible with random numbers of people.  If you want to do that with Pokémon, though...  Well, you have to make up a few rules.  And it moves really slowly.  And some cards become OP.  And many become useless.

​That's just how it goes when you do something the game isn't designed to do. :(

team mode exists but its with 3 players

you have a team of 3 players and instead of a best out of 3 game, each player plays 1 round another team's player  witch ever team wins the most of the 3 rounds wins the match

the thing is that team mode is used in events to save time sense all 3 rounds can be going at once (I believe they only do this in japan due to their larger player base then the rest of the world).

Ptcgo does not have the problem with time. It is possible that a team mode could be added, it would just not make sense so even if they would add team mode it would not be soon; has of right now they have other things to work on.

I think he means 2 players sitting and playing simultaneously a single match and not a team round basis. However, never knew they use that kind of stuff in Japan @_@

Archived