your favorite TRIPLET generation of grass, fire, water.

zekrom311

So now that the 5th generation pokemon are here, I just wanted to know which is or has been your favorite GRASS,FIRE,WATER release? Or if you like say which TRIPLET squad do you think would win in a head to head battle if they were to face off against each other. Listed below is each Grass, Fire, Water type for each intitial generation release...in order.

Gen 1:

Bulbasaur-Ivysaur-Venusaur

Charmander-Charmeleon-Charizard

Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastoise

Gen 2:

Chikorita-Bayleef-Meganium

Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion

Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr

Gen 3:

Treeko-Grovyle-Sceptile

Torchic-Combusken-Blaziken

Mudkip-Marshtomp-Swampert

Gen 4:

Turtwig-Grotle-Torterra

Chimchar-Monferno-Infernape

Piplup-Prinplup-Empoleon

Gen 5:

Snivy-Servine-Serperior

Tepig-Pignite-Emboar

Oshawott-Dewott-Samurott

Personally my favorite triplet squad would be the Generation 4 lineup of TORTERRA, INFERNAPE, & EMPOLEON. As far as a head to head face-off im still on the fence with that one....what are your thoughts?

Fire has lots of attack power but they have low defence. They are stong. Still, I like generation 5

Gen 2:

Chikorita-Bayleef-Meganium

Cyndaquil-Quilava-Typhlosion

Totodile-Croconaw-Feraligatr

have the best looks but gen 5 have new even more powerful moves

Emboar would win face to face because it can learn cool fire type moves like Heat Crash (level 31) to take down Serperior and Wild Charge (TM 93) to take down Samurott.

feraligator will beat all water starters with

dragon dance, waterfall, reversal & endure. holding berry that boost attack. (not salac berry beacuse all are equally slow.)

reversal will deafeat empleon. & don't think neither starters are capable of learning super effective moves.

blastiose is only dangerous with mirror coat which is useless against feralgator with higher physical stats.

& endure brings torrent that will take more damage on swampert as it is part ground type.

.samurrot i dont know much about but i cants see it have better moves other than fighting moves & the new moves that raise stats could be better than dragon dance.

biggest threat is swampert

but i can see why you would choose the others.

Gen. 2 hands down.

It was the only generation to not add on any types through all of their evolutions. (That wasn't the reason, though.)

I wish Bulbasaur wouldn't have started as a Poison type.

But, Emboar is amazing. And on top of that, it can learn a Water-Type move. (Via TM, but still)

Gen 2 was my favorite overall. While I admit that my favorite starters all come from other generations, the gen 2 starters when taken as a set just seem more creative and interesting, to me.

I deteste gen 3, they are terrible, i love gen 2 and gen 5. I love all grass starters though, especially meganium and serperior. Serpirior's speed is amazing :)

My favorite Gen is the 3rd gen, but my favorite starters trio is the 2nd gen. I like how they each had a specific role. Typhlosion was the Special Sweeper, Feraligatr was the Physical Sweeper and Meganium the Defensive pokemon. It's also the only generation where all the starter's final evolution were monotype.

I actually really liked how they gave all of the starters' final evolutions dual-typings in Generation 4, something they haven't done before or since.

Design-wise my favourite starter bunch is Generation 3, followed by 4.

Generation 3/4 are also the best competitive battling-wise...

Archived