How to deal with garbodor deck?

KaiLaSo

I am having so much troubles dealing with this deck.

I try not to use item cards but cards like drampa GX and Espeon GX are giving me a big problem. I can't deal with it so easily 

play less items, honestly thats all that needs to be said

(it would help if you could give us your deck list so we can help you reduce the item count)

EDIT I just thought It would be helpful if I mentioned that if you run double colorless energy you can play 1 copy of the mewtwo from evolutions so that with a choice band you can 1 shot espieon while only giving up 1 prize your self, giving you a huge advantage. Also when the new set comes out marshadow gx can be put into pretty much any deck and it can take care of drampa for you

I am having so much troubles dealing with this deck.

I try not to use item cards but cards like drampa GX and Espeon GX are giving me a big problem. I can't deal with it so easily

how many tapu leles do you have? I've noticed that the more tapu leles a person has in deck, the more he can use tech supporters like olympia, pokemon center lady, professor kukui, etc.

This really assists in reducing the number of items you have in your deck (only 4 ultra balls and 3-4 vs seekers are a must) allowing you to completely negate garbodor.

For the espeon gx, i'd suggest using pokemon center lady/ olympia to reduce damage.

For drampa, i'd suggest minimizing damage you put on any pokemon that can be retreated. And remember, you don't always need to ko the drampa. Ko-ing the benched damaged pokemon can easily reduce the drampa's damage to less threatening levels

How do you deal with Garbodor?

You don't.

Just joking, simply try playing items by sticking to your supporters.

What deck are you using?

The following are the decks that I am currently using 

alolan ninetales gx

luxray break

metagross gx

ninetales break 
machamp break

I would definitely suggest playing a Passimian deck. It's pretty cheap in terms of the Pokemon, depending mostly on if you want to add Shaymin EX or Lele GX to it (which you definitely should if you have them), and the trainer cards are easy to come by.

If you get put up against a Garbador deck you have a very high win chance. Mew (the non EX one) can get ridiculously easy OHKOs against Garbador and Espeon GX, while Passimian can very easily OHKO either Tauros GX or Drampa GX (very effective against Darkrai EX decks too). If you go second, using Lele for the supporter Bridgette to get 3 Passimian will allow you to deal 200 damage immediately, provided you have weakness and and a DCE (insta KO on Espeon GX evolved the first turn). You could use the Brooklet Hill stadium with nest balls if you don't have Lele, but if you do I would suggest using the Sky Field stadium instead, because it gives you bench space for Shaymins and Leles (sudowoodo too if you want). If they counter your stadium they actually help you, you can discard the 2 prize pokemon with no repercussions. If they don't, then do it yourself with a Delinquent supporter and make them discard cards while cleaning your bench. (you can drop another sky stadium later in the game and Shaymin/Lele again if you find a Rescue Stretcher item card).

The best part is you can go wild with the items cards, use as many as you want in this deck. Mew and Passimian are going to be OHKOed  because they both have little hp and are weak to psychic, but they only give up one prize. If you take out a Drampa GX or Espeon GX you can pull ahead in the prize race very fast.

One thing I would be wary of is Espeon's GX attack where they drop 10 damage counters, that can take out 2 of your Mews in one go. Also try and get rid of the ability lock Garbador as quickly as possible, you kinda need Mew for the win. Passimian can do exactly enough for a Lysandre OHKO on garbotoxin Garbador and you can Lysandre in any future garbotoxin threats after that. 

I know how much a pain garbador decks can be, I hope this helps!

PS: I can give you my deck list if you want.

Archived