* 2 Field Blower GRI 125

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 4 Dive Ball PRC 125

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 14

* 10 Water Energy Energy 3

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I don't see the use of Pyukumuku. Yes, its ability is Bursting Balloon in ability form, but there are so much better utility mons that could be used in its place. That, and Greninja Break's Giant Water Shuriken can easily KO them without triggering Innards Out. Drop them for any of the following:
-promo Tapu Koko for spread damage across the board, making snipes easier
-Guardians Rising Sudowoodo to limit the opponent's bench
-Glaceon EX so the Metagross GX matchup isn't an auto loss (optional)
-baby Alolan Ninetales for its ability to protect itself from all attacks from EXs/GXs (when Burning Shadows comes out)
-Tapu Lele GX (if possible) to search out supporters

4 Ultra Balls are mandatory in every deck for searching out Pokemon. You can discard water energies to be used with Aqua Patch later. This makes Dive Ball less necessary and generally not needed in water decks anymore, plus they feed Garbodor. Remove the Haus; they don't give you much compared to Sycamore, which you really should max out on. I know that N is on the list, but if you really want to have draw power without sacrificing anything important, use N.

I don't see the use of Pyukumuku. Yes, its ability is Bursting Balloon in ability form, but there are so much better utility mons that could be used in its place. That, and Greninja Break's Giant Water Shuriken can easily KO them without triggering Innards Out. Drop them for any of the following:

-promo Tapu Koko for spread damage across the board, making snipes easier

-Guardians Rising Sudowoodo to limit the opponent's bench

-Glaceon EX so the Metagross GX matchup isn't an auto loss (optional)

-baby Alolan Ninetales for its ability to protect itself from all attacks from EXs/GXs (when Burning Shadows comes out)

-Tapu Lele GX (if possible) to search out supporters

4 Ultra Balls are mandatory in every deck for searching out Pokemon. You can discard water energies to be used with Aqua Patch later. This makes Dive Ball less necessary and generally not needed in water decks anymore, plus they feed Garbodor. Remove the Haus; they don't give you much compared to Sycamore, which you really should max out on. I know that N is on the list, but if you really want to have draw power without sacrificing anything important, use N.

I think you're right, rather than the pyukumuku I'd add the burning shadows Alolan Ninetales or glaceon ex. Plus, I know Alolan Ninetales can snipe 50 damage everywhere but I think 1 or 2 lysandre should go in this deck, rather than 4 Hau.

If you remove 4 pyukumuku and 4 Hau and add 2 more sycamore, 1 lysandre, 1 more N, you'll get 4 free spaces to add more useful things such as glaceon, lele or other draw supports.

And to finish, I'd use 4 ultra ball and 2 dive ball.

Sorry if my english is bad, I am italian.

I ended up buying some packs, pulled out 2 Tapu Lele's!! Here is my updated deck;

Really happy with it, thank you for your suggestions. Based on it now, what cards should I try to get first to make it better?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 22
* 1 Glaceon-EX FAC 20
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Hau GRI 144
* 3 N FAC 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 14

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I ended up buying some packs, pulled out 2 Tapu Lele's!! Here is my updated deck;

Really happy with it, thank you for your suggestions. Based on it now, what cards should I try to get first to make it better?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM30
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 3 Alolan Ninetales-GX GRI 22
* 1 Glaceon-EX FAC 20
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 1 Rough Seas PRC 137
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Hau GRI 144
* 3 N FAC 105
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Ultra Ball FAC 113
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Professor Kukui SUM 128

##Energy - 14

Total Cards - 60

You don't need Hau because 3 cards pales in comparison to Sycamore's 7. Sycamore and N are all the draw supporters you need. 1 Rough Seas might not be enough; use 2 at the least and remove an energy for it.

I think it's also worth preparing for post-rotation. Standard is losing Rough Sea, Lysandre, and VS Seeker. Just something to think about after August! For post-rotation, I would make the following changes based on your most recent deck list:

-1 Rough Seas

-1 Hau

-2 Lysandre

-4 VS Seeker

-1 Water Energy

+1 Sycamore (max out Sycamore since VS Seeker is gone)

+1 N (Same reason as Sycamore)

+3 Guzma (The new Lysandre. It also works will with Aqua Patch because you can Aqua Patch something on your bench and then bring it out while dragging out your opponent's benched Pokemon. Run 3 because of no VS Seeker)

+1 Professor Kukui (Run a second one for more consistency with VS Seeker gone. Kukui is important to hit certain KOs)

+1 new Alolan Ninetales from Burning Shadows (Such a good card to stall or shut down EX/GX only decks)

+2 Mallow (It has amazing synergy with Octillery. Being able to grab any two cards from your deck and then draw them with Octillery has won me many games)

These are just some suggestions that I think are worth looking at. You can play around with the numbers a bit and go with what works best for you.

I use palkia ex (x4) in my ninetails deck, for the simple fact that one of palkias two water energy attacks puts two water energy on one of your benched Pokémon. Combine that with max elixir and aqua badge and ninetails is ready to rock.

Archived