Gardevoir LV.X question

Pokelad2

I'm looking into ideas for an unlimited format deck.

The card I'm looking at is Gardevoir Lv.X (Secret Wonders 131) The card specifies that 'Put this card onto your Active Gardevoir. Gardevoir LV. X can use any attack, Poké-Power, or Poké-Body from its previous Level.'

However, this doesn't mention abilities (obviously because this was before abilities were a thing in the TCG)

So, could I put Gardevoir Lv.X onto Next Destinies Gardevoir (NXD 57) and keep the Psychic Mirage ability?

If you're playing unlimited?  Yes.  If somehow the card was to hypothetically be reprinted as a promo or something? No, not unless there was an errata ruling.

yep you can still use the ability

also just a friendly warning, you are going to get donked, a lot. unlimited is about 80% donk decks even with the new rules were you can't attack going first it is incredibly easy to use broken time space (forest for all types) paired with junk arm, item finder (old junk arm), comp search (there is an non ace spec), dowsing machine and uxie (has the same ability has shaymin ex expect its a power and it is up to 7) you can easily find and reuse resources such has devo spray to spam a decidueye's feather and very easily donk opponents. really high hp basics? decks like aggron can mill you in a turn. Wobbfet? in this format latios can beat ex pokemon without any ability of its own.

But by far the worst part is that you can't just decide to go first, there is a sablye its pokebody lets you go first if he is your active pokemon (unless there are 2 sablye then its the coin flip) meaning that if they lead sablye the coin flip will not save you.

Lucky there is an option a spritomb card has the same ability has vileplume, expect only if its active so that is a way to stop most donk decks.

Archived