2018 Rotation Has Been Announced!

ahoodedman

The rotation for 2018 is going to be breakthrough on. Promos over XY67 will remain legal.

I know this is not a very long post but there is really not much more to say this is what everyone expected.

EDIT wow I was faster then the staff was to put this up :o

Also as a side note Trump card and Shiftry are still banned; there are going to be no additional cards being banned in expanded AND standard.

And hoopa ex will still be legal sense it was a promo (xy71) this makes be really happy sense losing shaymin already hurt M garde losing hoopa would of killed the deck.

(I'm right! I'm right! Uh huh! Uh huh! I'm ri-i-i-ight, i-i-i-ight, i-i-i-) Suddenly realizes that he is saying this out loud.

Umm... Nothing to see here, guys.  Nope nothing happening.  Just moooove along...

BSP XY67... um...

(looks up promo list)

Er... XY69 is still standard then? It's a variant art of XY66, meaning XY66 is still standard legal, despite the cutoff.

This is Rayquaza EX. Mega Ray, though, which is the point of its first attack, is passing into expanded.

Um... heh.

EDIT: Yeah... this cutoff is just about Jirachi (I know it's likely about the date the cards were released, but still). BTW, why do we not have XY68?

BSP XY67... um...

(looks up promo list)

Er... XY69 is still standard then? It's a variant art of XY66, meaning XY66 is still standard legal, despite the cutoff.

This is Rayquaza EX. Mega Ray, though, which is the point of its first attack, is passing into expanded.

Um... heh.

EDIT: Yeah... this cutoff is just about Jirachi (I know it's likely about the date the cards were released, but still). BTW, why do we not have XY68?

jirchi (stardust) will still be legal for one more year

I am very disappointed in this rotation. Fairy type is getting beefed up, but its Achilles heel, steel type is getting gutted. This is the exact opposite of balance. There are not many steel type Pokemon being added in sun & moon. Some that used to be steel have been changed to other types for Alolan forms. Galileo has been disappointing imo. Cobalion and the Metagross with magnet drive ability are being removed, as well as shield energy and my personal fab, the Aggron ***) evolution chain. At least I still have Magearna, and Aegislash EX looks to be getting reprinted in the not too distant future so that's something.

Other than that a lot of steel is leaving with very little to replace it, leaving standard very unbalanced. Good job Pokemon Company. I guess I'll be shifting over to expanded in September.

I am very disappointed in this rotation. Fairy type is getting beefed up, but its Achilles heel, steel type is getting gutted. This is the exact opposite of balance. There are not many steel type Pokemon being added in sun & moon. Some that used to be steel have been changed to other types for Alolan forms. Galileo has been disappointing imo. Cobalion and the Metagross with magnet drive ability are being removed, as well as shield energy and my personal fab, the Aggron ***) evolution chain. At least I still have Magearna, and Aegislash EX looks to be getting reprinted in the not too distant future so that's something.

Other than that a lot of steel is leaving with very little to replace it, leaving standard very unbalanced. Good job Pokemon Company. I guess I'll be shifting over to expanded in September.

Have you noticed that Metagross GX is starting to pick up steam? It's slow yes, but it's the most viable Steel deck out there.

-

We still keep mageara witch is huge for steel decks, genesect is still here so if we ever get a pokemon like brongzong again it will be a usable pokemon magnet dive can be replaced by zoruark and float stone and cobalion is still here. Also just like PlatinumDude said metagross-gx is a great deck right now and its not being HELPED by rotation with the loss of hex it can finally reach tier 1.

We still keep mageara witch is huge for steel decks, genesect is still here so if we ever get a pokemon like brongzong again it will be a usable pokemon magnet dive can be replaced by zoruark and float stone and cobalion is still here. Also just like PlatinumDude said metagross-gx is a great deck right now and its not being HELPED by rotation with the loss of hex it can finally reach tier 1.

Ok, good to know Cobalion is still in. He's my emergency card for when a match is going south. I know about Zoruark, (and I have him.) It will be really nice when we get whatever "Best of X and Y" will be called when it releases in the west so Aegislash EX can come back. The sooner the better!

Ok, good to know Cobalion is still in. He's my emergency card for when a match is going south. I know about Zoruark, (and I have him.) It will be really nice when we get whatever "Best of X and Y" will be called when it releases in the west so Aegislash EX can come back. The sooner the better!

best of xy is only for japan

best of xy is only for japan

Well they should give us SOMETHING in the west. It doesn't make sense to have the card pools that different between regions.

Unfortunately Japan has a different release schedule, as well as a different format rotation, compared to the rest of the world.

It's silly and unintuitive and in my opinion it's one of the biggest flaws of the game, but I doubt anything will change in the near future.

Archived