[GENERAL] Other - Cards from physical pack codes untradeable

SpinDoctor15

Hello, I have redeemed many codes from the physical booster packs and decks I have purchased from stores. Nearly all of those cards are untradeable in the Pokémon TCG app. I thought those cards would be traceable, particularly since I paid money in real life for the packs, and this seems to be supported on the Pokémon website description of those codes. Can anyone explain what the difference is, why are my cards not tradeable? Thanks.

There's no reason that physical booster packs (that you've purchased) would have "trade-locked" cards, and I've personally never ran into this problem.  You may want to ask Staff this question (http://www.pokemon.com/us/customer-service/) and file a support ticket.  As well, any purchased Theme Decks should unlock tradable cards.

The only exception that comes to mind is Promo Tins.  They include a free 60-card deck, but most of those cards are not tradable, with the exception of one EX/GX and a couple other cards (basically, some of the foil energy cards).

Thanks for that info. It seems that the theme decks I purchased have a tradeable version on TCGonline, but all of my booster packs (again, redeemed from physical purchase packs) showed the lock symbols when I opened them. Early on, I did not understand what that meant, clearly I do now!

I'll send them a note, was hoping they would see it here and reply. I'm also having trouble logging in to the app, it keeps saying "server currently unavailable" and I posted a separate thread on that. No replies thus far so I'll also try customer service for a fix.

Some of those packs might have been given to you not from physical packs. Since you open trade locked packs first you would have seen those cards as trade locked. I cant say for sure that's what happened here, but you are more than welcome to send a ticket into our support team. You can send a ticket to the support team by following the link in my signature. 

Archived