100 Prizes Taken...

SandaledOtter

When I saw this challenge, I felt no drive to attempt it, since the payoff of two locked boosters was so much less than the 3-6 unlocked boosters I'd get for an equivalent number of KOs in daily challenges. With 2 days remaining, I hadn't done half of it.

Then my challenge list filled up with things I couldn't do with my better decks. I wanted to make space so that I wouldn't miss one of the challenges, but I was on a win streak of three and didn't want to break that intentionally.

So I had to play with better decks that weren't going to do EVO (Fight), Damage (Fight), and KO (Fire) until that streak was broken, then I could take care of those three.

But the streak streaked. Maybe it was the holiday having everyone home from school, but by the time it ended I was close enough to finishing the 100 challenge that I was able to finish it off with a bit of Theme Versus (Roaring Heat to handle the red/orange challenges I had). And at 10 wins on the daily ladder for the first time, I want to win one more for that last prize.

By the way, thanks to devs for that connection icon during play, though it shows me losing the connection when I'm still on the internet. Also on the down side, a "lost" connection during a game ends a win streak now, costing a big point bonus rather than the 10 you'd miss out on previously. :(

You can face the computer AI and get a fast 100 prizes. Maybe it does waste your time a little, but it is pretty nice vs AI.

• 4 weeks later...

Yea I wish this time we could use AI Chllenge again. I know 40 is much fewer, but when I get 150/190 on Lapras 2 times and then they forfeit =\. I understand but it is a problem.

Hey, pssst!

Over here: http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/53231-the-real-recipe-for-success/

My weapon of mass destruction is Eeveelutionary Trashalance.

Try it and you will thank me later  ;)

Self-advertising? :P Aasvell.  MysterQ: unless there's a sudden shift in a topic's relevance, you're not supposed to post on threads over a week since their last post.  Just FYI.

Self-advertising? :P Aasvell. MysterQ: unless there's a sudden shift in a topic's relevance, you're not supposed to post on threads over a week since their last post. Just FYI.

I could start a new thread. This is related to the Claim 40 prizes with water pokemon. The current system may be trying to increase player interaction, but if people can just concede it makes he challenge much more difficult.

I could start a new thread. This is related to the Claim 40 prizes with water pokemon. The current system may be trying to increase player interaction, but if people can just concede it makes he challenge much more difficult.

It is called a Challenge for a reason ^.^

My suggestion is to incorporate a bit of psychological strategy into your play.  If you are powering up too fast and your opponent looks to be far behind you, expect them to concede.  Sometimes I intentionally play "slower" so as not to scare my opponent off.  Sure, win streaks and versus points for prizes taken has helped reduce concessions rates, but there is really no penalty (except for their time spent) to concede and move on to another match.

It is called a Challenge for a reason ^.^

My suggestion is to incorporate a bit of psychological strategy into your play. If you are powering up too fast and your opponent looks to be far behind you, expect them to concede. Sometimes I intentionally play "slower" so as not to scare my opponent off. Sure, win streaks and versus points for prizes taken has helped reduce concessions rates, but there is really no penalty (except for their time spent) to concede and move on to another match.

The game should maybe give an option "Continue playing or Finish this turn." I would easily wait the 1 minute timer and have AI force moves.

It isn't a "challenge" if it is difficult just because people quit on you. The "challenge" isn't supposed to be frustration with people leaving. I literally was playing all my cards fast because I knew my opponent would scoop if I didn't. I VS'd for Lysandre to win... concede. Thanks. You can't wait the 10 seconds for me to attack, or you maybe you are being a **** on purpose.

Unless you think the makers really want the challenge to be finding any decent person who won't just scoop to upset you. TThen you are right this is super challenging to find a person like that.

And I am not saying I am perfect either. But these challenges have a fundamental flaw in design.

The game should maybe give an option "Continue playing or Finish this turn." I would easily wait the 1 minute timer and have AI force moves.

We have looked at that, but the end of game clean up architecture relies on having both accounts present to clean up.  It would be a pretty big re-write to enable one player to leave the match while the other continues to finish up, especially if we don't want the opponent to grief the conceder by not allowing them to start another game until they finish.  All that said, we'd like it too, but our magic wand was out of charges and it won't be easily implemented.  Maybe we'll get to in in the future.

And I am not saying I am perfect either. But these challenges have a fundamental flaw in design.

Agreed that they could be better than they currently are.  However, if the choice is no special challenges or the ones we have now, our current opinion is to take what we have now.

Agreed that they could be better than they currently are.  However, if the choice is no special challenges or the ones we have now, our current opinion is to take what we have now.

I can agree with that. Just thought the original OP's point still stood.

Self-advertising? :P Aasvell.  

I don't know what are you talking about buddy  :lol:

I'm just giving him a totally random answer to his question  :P

We have looked at that, but the end of game clean up architecture relies on having both accounts present to clean up.  It would be a pretty big re-write to enable one player to leave the match while the other continues to finish up, especially if we don't want the opponent to grief the conceder by not allowing them to start another game until they finish.  All that said, we'd like it too, but our magic wand was out of charges and it won't be easily implemented.  Maybe we'll get to in in the future.

So in AI Challenge, even if you concede the AI gets to finish out its turn. I think even this would make some people more satisfied with these KO challenges.

There are issues. If the opponent decides to just wait 50seconds before each play. BUT if he doesn't know the opponent conceded why would he. The player about to lose has to now wait even though he conceded, but it shouldn't be too long.

And in some other games, you can't even concede on opponent's turn.

Archived