A few Questions on TCG

Lilly_Hammer

Hi,

I'm trying to learn how to play this to help my 6yr old daughter and I've got some questions.

1. The damage done to Pokemon who switch/retreat; what happens to their HP? Does the damage done to them reset or is it permanent?
  2. Retreating/Switching does the Pokemon go to your hand or bench?
  3. Can you swap bench to hand whenever?
  4. Switching Pokemon; what happens to the energy cards attached?
  5. How do you evolve the cards?
  6. What happens to extra damage? (Does the player have HP?) - Example: X Card has 50HP X Player attacks for 100 damage what happens to the extra 50 damage?
  7. Attack question: Metrang - Ram = 1 energy/ Core Beam = 3 energy; If I have 4 energy attached can I use both attacks? Could I Ram 4 times in one turn?

Thanks for any help to these!

answers

1: when a pokemon is moved away from the active damage counters do stay on it

2: it goes to the bench

3: no. you need a card such has az or super scope up to do that

4: if they retreat then remove the amount of energy it says on the bottom retreat cost the rest of the energy stay, if they are moved to the bench in another way for example the switch trainer then all energy stay on it

5: simply put the card that says "evovles from X pokemon" on-top of it, if that pokemon is a break pokemon put it sideways and cover up the artwork. As for (these are old) lv X cards you also simple put it on top of the pokemon.

6: extra damage does nothing

7: as of right now the only way to attack more then 1 time in a turn is to use the omgea barriage trait every other pokemon can only attack one time

If you have any more questions search on line you will find some rulebooks for the ptcg most of them are outdated and only have the 2015/2016 rules, the only thing that has changed sense then is the burn rule the rest of the book is correct.

The burn rule is now

in between turns take 20 damage counters, flip a coin, if heads you are no longer burned.

If you cant find an answer there then I would gladly answer them for you on the forums

7: as of right now the only way to attack more then 1 time in a turn is to use the omgea barriage trait every other pokemon can only attack one time

Just to give an example about traits, you will find them above the art works around the names of the pokemon.

Omega barrirt ancient trait can be seen in medicham from primal clash and excadrill.

As for the questions, ahoodedman answered them pretty well. Kudos for the effort :)

Disregarding your questions ( which have already been answered) the best tipp I can give you is to search for a local store in your area where Pokemon TCG is played.

From my experience the Pokemon community is really nice and helpful towards newcomers and I'm sure that they'll take some time and explain everything you want to know about the game.

In addition you are likely to meet other parents whose kids play the TCG, so you won't be the only adult there ;).

Archived