(PC) The Specified account already Exists error

macro191

Trying to do a fresh install of this game but every time i start the installer i get this error, and it fails to download, I've tried checking for registry errors and deleting all the local contents in local low and roaming but nothing seems to be working.

I would follow the following steps just to make sure you are deleting all of the files.

PC Uninstall

1.     Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.

2.     Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.

3.     The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pokémon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.

4.     Empty your Recycle Bin and then restart your computer.

5.     Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. We recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome). Visithttp://pokemon.com/playtcgo to download the latest game installer.

MAC Uninstall

1.     Delete your TCGO folder, along with any downloaded installation files.

2.     Click on 'Go' located on your top window, press the 'alt/option' key and select 'Library'.

3.     Go to 'Cache' folder. Delete any/all Pokémon related folders you find.

4.     From the 'Library' again, go to 'Saved Application State' and delete "unity.The Pokémon Company International.Refresher.savedState" folder.

5.     Empty your trash and then restart your Mac.

6.     Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. We recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome). Visithttp://pokemon.com/playtcgo to download the latest game installer.

More Info: Please also confirm that your machine meets the minimum specifications required to run the TCGO (found at the bottom of the download page). You'll also need to ensure you have a strong and stable internet connection, as the TCGO requires constant communication with the game servers.

I've done all those steps and my computer is more then enough for the requirements buts its still not working.

• 3 years later...

Not to necro this fella, but I have found a solution that worked for me.

Followed mods solid suggestions, but didn't seem to solve the problem. These next steps is what solved it for me.

1. I had to install this windows diagnoses app. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

2. Once downloaded, Run the tool: MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab

3. Click Next

4. My issues was with installing so chose that.  It then detects and provides a list of apps.

5. Select Pokemon Trading Card Game Online from the list

6. I then tried the "Yes, try uninstall"

7. This runs for a few minutes, then came up with results of detected issues with install/uninstall keys

8. Close tool

9. Re-try installer (PokemonInstaller.msi)

Hopefully this helps. 🙃

2 minutes ago, WampThing said:

Not to necro this fella, but I have found a solution that worked for me.

Followed mods solid suggestions, but didn't seem to solve the problem. These next steps is what solved it for me.

1. I had to install this windows diagnoses app. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

2. Once downloaded, Run the tool: MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab

3. Click Next

4. My issues was with installing so chose that.  It then detects and provides a list of apps.

5. Select Pokemon Trading Card Game Online from the list

6. I then tried the "Yes, try uninstall"

7. This runs for a few minutes, then came up with results of detected issues with install/uninstall keys

8. Close tool

9. Re-try installer (PokemonInstaller.msi)

Hopefully this helps. 🙃

Hello @WampThing

We welcome you to the forum!  :)

Thank you for sharing the steps that helped you to resolve the issue this topic is about. 

It's obvious why you posted this information here on but please remember that in other cases reviving old threads is against the rules

Therefore, I'm closing this topic right away. 

• Mod_GuruLot locked this topic