Which stores sell Pokemon cards?

rockshard

I was wondering if there are any chain stores I can count on to sell Pokemon cards. (or does it depend on location?)

Where does everyone here go to buy cards and what kind of store is it?

I haven't bought any cards sine '04, but I remember getting some Gold and Silver booster packs from walmart. I'm fairly sure that they will have at least something in stock.

You can also check out some online store fronts such as Amazon, they have quite a few theme decks and booster pack varities to choose from. If you're new to the game, I'd recommend a starter kit which includes 60 cards and a game pad. You also get a coin and a code to redeem here at Pokemon TCG Online for a digital copy of the cards included and coin for use in an online match. :)

agh, I checked many stores just now, the only ones that had any were two chinese/99-cents stores. All I could find so far is HS-Unleashed and HS-Undaunted packs (at 99 cents apiece) and some other set.

Oh I been to a CVS too...but they did not have any.

I thought about buying one just for kicks and just to see whether they are counterfeit. They sure seemed legit to me. Also if they are legit, should I buy em and sell the singles on ebay?

Anyway this sucks, I'd have to go to the city just to buy packs. Why even bother. But on second thought I should do it at least once just to try it and to see what the redeem process is like.

I'd like to know which shops sell Pokémon cards in the UK. I remember back in 2000 during the height of the craze, every local newsagent, plus WH Smith, Woolworths, Ottakar's (now Waterstone's), etc used to sell 'em. I spent an hour scouring my local high street for cards today, and it turned out to be completely fruitless. Other than Argos and Toys R Us, do any Brits know of any places that still sell Pokémon Cards?

Just buy them online. Brick-and-mortar have lousy selection and lousy prices anyway. 99 cent packs are surely fake, because there's no way they can make a profit on that. I suspect that TCGO is going to hurt the counterfeiters a lot.

The one problem with buying online is that it is hard to tell if the BW boosters will come with codes.

Wait, so not all BW boosters come with codes?

Interesting...

But wait why not just buy Emerging Powers then since it doesn't have that problem?

I thought the only product that comes with codes are BW and Emerging Powers, but nightpanther mentions a starter kit.

edit: I can't believe the types of stores I went to that don't carry Pokemon cards.

edit: But I finally realized something, online codes can be purchased on ebay for less than half the cost of a booster. So it seems like buying from a store isn't the way to go.

Archived