* 1 Choice Band GRI 121

* 2 Multi Switch GRI 129

* 2 Red Card XY 124

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 2 Delinquent BKP 98

##Energy - 9

* 9 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Could I please get some help with this deck and any suggestions/cards to make it better? I have a few GUR packs that I can trade, so anything really helps.

To be honest too much of side stuff I see which I would discard for better stuff.

You need some side attackers, can be Tapu Lele or zoroark ? (Since it attacks for all the opponents)

You may add 4 unowns because 1 definitely doesn't suit in any deck (or rather you add tapu-lele or shaymin EX)

You can use Reverse Valley instead of Parallel city and also, you can use Target whistle and captivating puffs in a combo but that is solely up to you if you want to go with Puffs or combo it with whistle.

I am confused on the number of choice bands/exp share one should run in this deck. So go with what you feel is comfortable

Overall Suggestions -

+2 Sycamores

+2 Unowns

+1 Brigette

+2 N

+1 Captivating Puff

+2 Super Rod

+2 Exp Share

+1 Hex maniac

+1 Pokemon Ranger

+1 Klefki (Wonder lock)

-1 Wally

-2 Pokemon Fan Club

-1 Max elixer

-2 Crushing Hammer

-2 Multi switch

-2 Red Card

-2 Deliquent

-1 Brock

-1 Enhanced Hammer

You are totally free to run the numbers according to your need. This is just a layout that should work better atleast on theory.

This deck was standard up until I saw Red card.

Anyway, since I don't play Expanded very often, here is my suggestion for standard

No red card, 1-2 Soda, no Brock, no Timer ball

Add 1-2 Alolan Vulpix (very important)

Add 3 buddy Rescue. This card + Poke puff is very dangerous together.

Add 1 rod, 3-4 Ultra ********* level balls, 2-3 choice band,

Add 1 Skyla, 2 Sycamore, 4 N

If this deck was intended for Expanded format, then consider Super scoop up, AZ, and Scoop Up Cyclone.

This deck was standard up until I saw Red card.

Anyway, since I don't play Expanded very often, here is my suggestion for standard

No red card, 1-2 Soda, no Brock, no Timer ball

Add 1-2 Alolan Vulpix (very important)

Add 3 buddy Rescue. This card + Poke puff is very dangerous together.

Add 1 rod, 3-4 Ultra ********* level balls, 2-3 choice band,

Add 1 Skyla, 2 Sycamore, 4 N

If this deck was intended for Expanded format, then consider Super scoop up, AZ, and Scoop Up Cyclone.

Rescue Stretcher is better than Buddy-Buddy Rescue because it doesn't let the opponent get a Pokemon from their own discard pile.

Rescue Stretcher is better than Buddy-Buddy Rescue because it doesn't let the opponent get a Pokemon from their own discard pile.

Um.. then I think you didn't read it pretty well. But he meant to use Buddy Buddy rescue plus captivating puff.

So when your opponent get a pokemon from their discard pile and into their hand. He can use captivating puff to bench them and score for more damage with fight alone of lucario.

I hope that clears out.

To be honest too much of side stuff I see which I would discard for better stuff.

You need some side attackers, can be Tapu Lele or zoroark ? (Since it attacks for all the opponents)

You may add 4 unowns because 1 definitely doesn't suit in any deck (or rather you add tapu-lele or shaymin EX)

You can use Reverse Valley instead of Parallel city and also, you can use Target whistle and captivating puffs in a combo but that is solely up to you if you want to go with Puffs or combo it with whistle.

I am confused on the number of choice bands/exp share one should run in this deck. So go with what you feel is comfortable

Overall Suggestions -

+2 Sycamores

+2 Unowns

+1 Brigette

+2 N

+1 Captivating Puff

+2 Super Rod

+2 Exp Share

+1 Hex maniac

+1 Pokemon Ranger

+1 Klefki (Wonder lock)

-1 Wally

-2 Pokemon Fan Club

-1 Max elixer

-2 Crushing Hammer

-2 Multi switch

-2 Red Card

-2 Deliquent

-1 Brock

-1 Enhanced Hammer

You are totally free to run the numbers according to your need. This is just a layout that should work better atleast on theory.

1 brigette is almost completely pointless in this deck as you'd need a tapu lele to consistently get that out. Which makes it so much harder for you to score damage.

also, i don't see the point of ranger in this deck. Glaceon? you ohko it anyways if it can't get the attack off the turn it is played (30+60 when you lysandre*2= ko)

zoroark isn't a good backup attacker since it can't win you any matchups which lucario itself can't. For example if you're playing against ray, lucario wins anyways and if you're playing against sylveon, both still kinda suck at the matchup

you definitely don't want to remove the disruption cards. This is because each lucario takes 2 turns to power up. So if you want to evenly trade kos, you need to slow your opponent down. Red card, hammers and delinquent could do a great job at that.

My suggestions:

1. i would however go with harshu's suggestion of increasing pokepuffs or target whistles. The reasoning behind this is that you'd need to ko 3 ex/gxs or 6 non-exs. 

if you manage to somehow summon 4  basics with your two pokepuffs, you can do 30+240= 270 if you don't have any benched pokemon (which is a big risk- so we can say 210 with 1 benched pokemon- just enough to ko a stage 1 gx)

now if you ko one pokemon, your damage output goes down to 150, and a second takes you down to 90. 

A third pokepuff or a target whistle would increase your chance of making your opponent take a full bench/ allow you to add a crucial 60+ damage late game.

2. Also, i'd suggest changing the multi switch to energy switch (better since you're running only basics anyways)

3. I'd suggest not running the fan club (since you want a minimum number of lucarios out)

4. more unowns (they'll help you thin your deck and for use with buddy buddy rescue, plus as a placeholder when you don't want to get donked/n'ed)

Archived