Shaymins sky field drop SWEEPSTAKESTRAVAGANZAAAA1111

Endosutra

Hello all! So, I am doing a giveaway where 3 winners will be chosen (I wanted to tie a sort of a creative challenge with it too so its more interesting) and without much further ado the first prize to be given away is Regular art Shaymin EX. That's right, now you can revenge blast your opponents in style with this fetching shaymin! Just kidding, not that shaymin ex! I am of course giving away RA setup shaymin ex from roaring skies! Second and third place winners get to choose one of the following; 1 RA Decidueye gx /1 Tapu Koko gx or 1 Sylveon GX. If you want a chance to win just enter here (more below on what to post to enter). I am going to do this randomly but in order to be eligible you must have been a member since at least yesterday, June 24th! This is to prevent multi accounts (I mean... I guess someone could be that desperate. I don't know).

How to enter the sweepstakes: Answer the following in your entry post; if you were a Gym leader, what type of Pokemon would you use? (Fire type? Psychic type? etc) Which 3-4 pokemon (a maximum of 1 legendary) would you use? What would be the name of the badge you give and what sort of gym would you have? Its okay if you happen to have a similar or same badge name/gym theme as has already been used in the series but it does make me think less of you >:/.

Example; (doesn't have to be exact same format but needs to contain all the relevant info, be clean and easy to read for your entry to be counted. Overly 'weak' or too vague of descriptions of the gym will also be asked to edit their answers, aka no 1-2 word descriptions. )

Fire type / (Pokemon; Quilava, Incineroar, Volcarona, Emboar.) / Blaze badge / Gym; Has a blacksmith/medieval theme, flying sparks, anvils and small pools of magma are present. The other trainers in the gym all look medievalish and mostly use charmanders/torchics.

You don't have to go into that much detail on things like what the other trainers in your gym use, etc but at least describe the theme of the gym in a sentence. Feel free to go in as much detail as you want though!

I will announce the winner on July 5th. The deadline for entering is July 4th

(eastern time zone for me). Good luck! 

Giveaway concluded. Results below!

Alright, the registrations are in and the winners of the contest have been generated.... oh my goodness these results.
1st place: Rainbow-XN, 1 reg art Shaymin ex:
2nd place: Jigglypuffan your choice of 1 of the following reg arts; Sylveon GX, Decidueye GX or Tapu Koko GX):
3rd place: Felidae_ (your choice of 1 of the following reg arts; Sylveon GX, Decidueye GX or Tapu Koko GX):

Congratulations to the winners, please add me to your friends list (you can remove me right after) so I can send you your prize! I will try to get most sent today but if not expect me to try each day this week to send the trade if you weren't online. Also, please PM ME or post in this thread which prize you want if you took 2nd/3rd! This second part isn't totally necessary as I can send you a default trade and you could counter back with which one you wanted but do add me to your f list so I can send this. I enjoyed the entries and there may be more of these in the future so keep an eye out. :)

Grass type / (Pokemon: Vespiquen, Vileplume, Decidueye, Beedrill) / Forest Badge/ Gym; Has a forest theme, lots of flying type Grass Pokemon flying around (Beedrills, Vespiquens, Butterfrees etc,), Trevenants hiding in the dark areas of the gym, Green House (for curing your Grass Pokemon), rivers and open areas for trainers to battle. Other trainers in the gym have green clothing and mostly use Trevenants and Bulbasaurs.

I'd pick steel type.

Pokemon: lucario, metagross, scizor and dialga.

For the gym, i'd make it into a victory road style challenge where pushing around boulders onto a plate reveals a hidden fissure in the wall. On going to the fissure, it actually lets you mine into it with equipment revealing a room with a pitfall.

Walking into the pitfall will drop you into a mining cart which takes you on a ride before dropping you into another room where you can start rearranging boulders and "mining" again.

Finally, when you reach the gym leader's room, a cutscene starts where you jump out of the moving mining cart, and the room shakes as it crashes into the wall.

Pebbles start falling from the ceiling, then rocks, and then a slab of stone. On top of the slab of stone is the gym leader, sitting on a sofa, remote in his hand with mining gear on and a metagross plush doll by his side.

About the badge, no surprises, i'd name it the "miner badge" (i'd probably give tm 28 dig with it)

I'd pick steel type.

Pokemon: lucario, metagross, scizor and steelix. (if i could use legendaries, then cobalion? or dialga?)

For the gym, i'd make it into a victory road style challenge where pushing around boulders onto a plate reveals a hidden fissure in the wall. On going to the fissure, it actually lets you mine into it with equipment revealing a room with a pitfall.

Walking into the pitfall will drop you into a mining cart which takes you on a ride before dropping you into another room where you can start rearranging boulders and "mining" again.

Finally, when you reach the gym leader's room, a cutscene starts where you jump out of the moving mining cart, and the room shakes as it crashes into the wall.

Pebbles start falling from the ceiling, then rocks, and then a slab of stone. On top of the slab of stone is the gym leader, sitting on a sofa, remote in his hand with mining gear on and a metagross plush doll by his side.

About the badge, no surprises, i'd name it the "miner badge" (i'd probably give tm 28 dig with it)

Lol, I like it, what a reveal at the end! I like the inclusion of which TM you'd give too. I'll add to the post about legendaries (I was actually going to mention legendary limits then forgot, thanks for reminding me.)

Lol, I like it, what a reveal at the end! I like the inclusion of which TM you'd give too. I'll add to the post about legendaries (I was actually going to mention legendary limits then forgot, thanks for reminding me.)

Oh, I was wondering about that, since I was going to add a Shaymin, but decided against it since there wasnt anything saying about that. Meh, ill leave it like that.

thanks ^_^ it was super fun to write, especially with the way of him having his whole regular relatable life with his tv remote and his plush doll as well as the intense desire to see the game designers make super cool game moments like jumping out of a moving cart right before it crashes :)

Water type for sure

Palkia

gyarados

m- slowbro

swampert

Typhoon badge

The gym has to be like a collection of desert island with non surfable water

and the gym would have tiny tornados to move the players (like viridian gym puzzle)

Dark gloomy skylight is a must

When you reach the gym room

I ( leader) will appear in a ragged military like shorts with no top on

I'll be flung around by a powerful wind but I'll land a superhero landing

I'll make some bold speech about mustering courage and battle the elements

cuts to battle

and that's the nonsense I can muster up at this point

This better not be some shady trick to get my account

Ghost Type:

Giratina

Trevenant

Coaffrigus

Mismagius

Haunted Badge

The name is because i want something scary :P i put the pokemon i find the more scariest ..

You would walk in the gym and you see gengar,gastly and haunter appear and dissapear a bit everywhere when you walk .. They try to scare you but you don't fight them..

Steel Type.

Skarmory

Scizor

Steelix

Excadrill

Iridium Badge.

Iridium is the second densest and the most corrosion-resistant element.

The Gym is a giant steel-made safe. Winning each trainer will make the lock spin to the right or left until you hit the right combination that will open the safe.

Inside there is a mirror.

While you're approaching the mirror.... WHOA!!

Gym Leader Adam appears behind you!!

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Adam. All my life, me and my Pokemon wanted to get stronger and harder. I managed to be hard as a rock. But there is more. Prepare to witness the sheer power of Steel type!"

Dark type! (because there is currently no dark-type gym yet)

Pokémon: Umbreon (shiny), Liepard, Honchkrow, Absol (mega)

Badge: Void Badge

Layout: A dark forest, set at night, at first, the only things you can see are what torches light up. But, as you battle trainers, stars begin to appear, showing you the way. Once you have battled them all, a floating full moon platform appears, with ethereal stairs leading up to the gym leader, who has her Umbreon with her. If you win, you will be given TM49, or (apparently they censored the TM name, but it uses an opponent or ally's helpful status move).

One question is --> Can we mix 2 types in a gym ? I mean like psychic and fire both in the same gym.

Till then my gym is -

Dragon Type

Pokemon -

• Garchomp
  • Salamence
  • Kommo-o
  • Rayquaza (Mega Stone)

Layout -

The gym will be consist of a stadium sized battle field. There will be the training room, the Pokemon center, Pokemon Mart all in it out side the stadium (within the gym complex). This gym complex lies on a huge mountain which challengers have to climb on their own and their pokemon. On the backside of the stadium lies the wildlife/play ground for dragon pokemon, where altarias, dragonites fly across. Goodras resting in caves and many other dragon pokemon all found here.

On the mountain steps are some other trainers of the gym. They use Pokemon - Haxorus and Dragonair.

The name of the badge would be - 'Master Badge'

I would give out TM02 - Dragon Claw

But I would still like to revamp my gym mixing all kinds of types like when the viridian gym was when 'Blue from gen 2' was its leader and Gold challenged him.

One question is --> Can we mix 2 types in a gym ?

I thought about that but I think it's good to have some creative restraints in place for this. I also think it is potentially unfair to theoretical challengers of the gym because of certain type combinations. I would think somebody who wanted a stacked team (like the peeps who want 4 legendary teams) would pick a type then have the secondary type they run be the counter to the counter of their first type, so if they ran steel pokemon then they'd run water as their secondary type to counter the fire/earth types that hurt steel, etc. TLDR: mono type please! I don't want to see any 'broken' gyms, haha. 

I'll be a Rock type gym leader. My four Pokémon will be

1. Tyranitar: Set up a sandstorm up on release which turns the match to my favor.

2. Aeroductyl: Fast and very effective against fighting and grass type

3. Omastar: nicknamed "Lord Helix". Super effective against Ground type and to make sure that I can win a rock vs. rock battle.

4. Mega Diancie: blasting the enemy with Moon Blast and her signature move, Diamond storm. Making every battle ends elegantly.

Gym layout is just a simple one but I must have that one kid in Brock's gym who said, "you're pretty hot...but not as hot as Brock." I give out Mineral badge.

Poison Type / (Pokemon; Ivysaur, Haunter, Muk, Nidoking) / Sickening Badge / Gym Leader; Ivy (girl) / Theme: Ancient runes/temple in a jungle. Rock statues of old, mighty poison pokemon positioned throughout (Venasaur, Nidoking/queen, Tentacruel, Vileplume). Have to find your way through the jungle shrine that has been bogged down by swamp in some areas. Swamp has varying depths and you will sink in the deep parts. Gym leader awaits inside the mouth of a large Muk statue. Other trainers are dressed in jungle gear (camouflage, tarzan, etc.), and use smaller poison pokemon like nidorina, gastly, and bulbasaur. TM: Poison Fang

I'm an old pokemon fan, but I'm sure some new poison pokemon could be included, too.

Thanks for reading

The Pokemon Center Gym

Type - Normal

Pokemon - Happiny, Chancey, Audino, Audino/M-Audino

Items - (Super) Potion x2, Revive, Full Revive

Badge/TM - Healing Badge (Rod of Asclepius - snake on a staff), TM90 - Substitute

Theme - old style hospital/pokemon center, where you walk up to the first Nurse Joy who battles you. Then you can go to the back, get scrubbed (sterilized) and fight through an Operating room into the gym leader.

---------

Thanks for the contest. It is pretty generous of you to help any players out. 

I wanted to do an often unused type. Honestly Cleffairy is probably my most used VG pokemon, but the doctor theme was more appropriate for me. So Normal it was. 

I think it would be cool to have a complex hospital with elevators (because every hospital is huge), but really that is excessive. Full Revive is cool for a doctor gym leader to have, except AI is bad and would revive the Happiny lol.

Type : Psychic

Gym name: "Outer Gym"

Layout: it'd be a space station in orbit. It'd work as a labyrinth and the main battlefield would be a cubic stadium, all of it in zero gravity.

All trainers would be astronauts with a combination of Elgyem and solrock/lunatone and the challenger would have to adapt his pokemon team to the lack of gravity.

Gym leader : Mars ( It's similar to my real name (martin), even they share the same meaning)

Pokemon : Deoxys / Solrock / Lunatone / Beheeyem

Badge: Astro Badge. ( something like the NASA logo, but without the word, just the circle, the orbit and the red stripes.)

TM : Calm mind.

Nice contest!!! i really loved it, i'd do it even for free!!! i hope you all enjoy my idea as i enjoy yours!!! :P

The sole purpose of my gym would be to drive the player insane.

Name: The Peculiar and Chaotic Intern Gym

Layout: It's a seven story building, with the gym resting on the top floor and the 6 other floors consisting solely of cubical help desks, where NPCs will repeat the tutorial in a meaningless and complicated way. In order to enter the gym you first need passport A38, which you'll get at the reception on floor 1. However, the receptionist will tell you that you'll need to get the blue form first, which you'll find at another floor. In order to obtain the blue form, you'll need another passport , but to obtain said passport... you get the idea. Additionally, each information desk is only available at a certain time of the day, which is linked to the internal clock in your Gameboy. This cycle continues 15 times.

Once you reach the gym, it's rather unimpressive. Just a small room, filled with a single desk, where you'll find the gym leader ( but only if you made an appointment beforehand, obviously).

Typ: Normal

Pokemon: Relaxo, Blissey, M-Audino, Kangaskhan

Movesets: The Team is very defensive, featuring:

Belly Drum/Rest/Snore/Earthquake Relaxo,

Soft-boiled/Toxin/Healing Bell/Protect Blissey

Attract/Substitute/Calm Mind/Psychic M-Audino

Double Edge/Reversal/Endure/Thunderbolt Kangaskhan

Badge: After winning the battle, your only reward will be a T-Shirt, with the print “Thanks for visiting TPCI Headquarters”.

Once you leave the building, an old man approaches you: “You know kid, when I was young that Skyscraper was merely a small house, where trainers used to battle Pokemon all the time. Over the course of years, the building grew bigger and they hired more staff, but the spirit of those old days vanished more and more. Nowadays they are only interested in profit, numbers and statistics.

Here, take this old badge of mine, as I don't need it anymore:”

Real Badge: Generation 1 – Boulder Badge

Just a reminder that today, July 4th is the last day to signup! I will announce the winners tomorrow. If you are a winner I will send you the prize card for one of your commons (add me to F list and confirm your username) but you can resend the trade and have it be traded for any card in your collection if you really, really like whatever common I happen to select for some reason (I will try to pick your worst common). There's no real deadline for you to accept the trade yet after the contest is determined but I'd like to give out all these prizes within the week so please be able to get online at somepoint to claim your prize. Some great submissions too guys and gals  :)

Gym Name: The Trash Compactor Description: It is located in a basement of a waste facility, which is accessed through a garbage chute, akin to that of the Death Star Trash Compactor. There is trash and decomposing matter scattered throughout. The floor is toxic waste/sludge. The entire gym reeks eternally. Few trainers have managed to win a badge with intact noses.

Type: Smelly Pokemon (Not necessarily Poison)

Gym Leader Description: Name - Oscar, Dressed in a trash can with a trash can lid for a hat

Gym Leader Pokemon (in order):

Stunky evolved form (Forum auto censors the name haha) - The evolved furry stinky friend

Muk - Able to hide in the floor of the gym's toxic sludge terrain as an advantage

Garbodor - Epitome of the gym

Oscar's Machamp (Legendary) - The ultimate stinker. Through Oscar's rigorous training, this Machamp is known across the lands for its scent that puts Gloom to shame. Due to his extra arms, he has an extra pair of stinky armpits for a total of four stinky armpits, each of which shoot out Grimers as his primary attack.

Other Gym Trainers: Hobos that primarily use Grimers, Trubbish, and Stunky

Badge: Miltankdung - A dried bedazzled cowchip

TM: Baneful Bunker

Gym Name: The Trash Compactor Description: It is located in a basement of a waste facility, which is accessed through a garbage chute, akin to that of the Death Star Trash Compactor. There is trash and decomposing matter scattered throughout. The floor is toxic waste/sludge. The entire gym reeks eternally. Few trainers have managed to win a badge with intact noses.

Gym Leader Description: Name - Oscar, Dressed in a trash can with a trash can lid for a hat

Stunky evolved form (Forum auto censors the name haha) - The evolved furry stinky friend

Muk - Able to hide in the floor of the gym's toxic sludge terrain as an advantage

Oscar's Machamp (Legendary) - The ultimate stinker. Through Oscar's rigorous training, this Machamp is known across the lands for its scent that puts Gloom to shame. Due to his extra arms, he has an extra pair of stinky armpits for a total of four stinky armpits, each of which shoot out Grimers as his primary attack.

oh god xD 

"due to his extra arms, he has an extra pair of stinky armpits" , "miltankdung"

i swear i died laughing

10/10 approve

would pay a fortune to watch your battles against poor trainers

Alright, the registrations are in and the winners of the contest have been generated.... oh my goodness these results.
1st place: Rainbow-XN, 1 reg art Shaymin ex
2nd place: Jigglypuffan your choice of 1 of the following reg arts; Sylveon GX, Decidueye GX or Tapu Koko GX):
3rd place: Felidae_ (your choice of 1 of the following reg arts; Sylveon GX, Decidueye GX or Tapu Koko GX):

Congratulations to the winners, please add me to your friends list (you can remove me right after) so I can send you your prize! I will try to get most sent today but if not expect me to try each day this week to send the trade if you weren't online. Also, please PM ME or post in this thread which prize you want if you took 2nd/3rd! This second part isn't totally necessary as I can send you a default trade and you could counter back with which one you wanted but do add me to your f list so I can send this. I enjoyed the entries and there may be more of these in the future so keep an eye out. :)

Thank you very much for this Endosutra :)

You should add reasons/what gym they made. I am curious to know, but now I have to go back to the first page and search.

But congrats to everyone.

Archived