[GENERAL] Cards -Swellow Swallow Dive Damage Boost after Lysandre

Grimy-Bunyip

Swellow's swallow dive is supposed to be an effect attached to that pokemon right?

I was under the impression that the swallow dive effect is supposed to go away when it gets put onto the bench with a lysandre.

I have a game log where a swellow used agility, then I lysandred a shaymin to put the swellow on the bench, then it got the damage boost

The whole log is here:

The lines I am referencing are the following:

212. Pkpanda1412's Shaymin-EX retreated.

213. Swellow became Pkpanda1412's new Active Pokémon.

214. Pkpanda1412 attached a Psychic Energy to Garbodor.

215. Pkpanda1412's Swellow used Swallow Dive and did 150 damage to Grimy-Bunyip's Vikavolt-GX.

If this Pokemon used Agility during your last turn, this attack does 80 more damage.

I believe this is working as intended.

When you attack with Agility, there's not an effect placed on the Pokemon (e.g., "During your next turn...") that increases its damage during your next turn.  When you attack with Swallow Dive the next turn, the attack checks the game "history"--something that can't be removed by retreating or playing Pokemon Ranger.

Edited by graywh

• 7 months later...

When you attack with Swallow Dive the next turn, the attack checks the game "******************* that can't be removed by retreating or playing Pokemon Ranger.

Question (if you're still around, six months after the fact): About Pokemon Ranger; does that card remove ALL effects currently in play at the time it is played? i.e. Special Conditions, buffs (green arrows), debuffs (red arrows), etc.? I can see why it doesn't work here, with regard to the game history and so on. I'm just curious about whether I should try Pokemon Ranger in a deck sometime, cuz it's one of those cards that I read and can't understand how it works, so I don't use it. :-p

Hello DrumminBeard,

Please review the forum rules (found at the bottom of each forum page), regarding posting on inactive threads:

2. Search, Then Post: Use the search tool before creating a new thread. There could already be an ongoing discussion about the same topic. If there isn't, or if the last post in the topic is more than a couple of weeks old, perhaps it's time to start a new thread!

As this is such an old thread, I recommend starting a new topic for your question. I think a good place would be our Deck Construction subforum

I am closing this thread at this time.