Pokemon TCG Website Database

theotherguytm

This is a message to the people who operate the Pokémon website, as opposed to the game developers, so please mods, if you want to move this topic to a more appropriate place, pass this message on, or just lock the thread immediately, that's fine. But I just want to say a few things first.

I regularly use the database on the TCG website as opposed to the in-game one. I do this for several reasons which aren't important now. The point is, a lot of cards on the database have corrupted images which prevent the card being read. This needs fixing, as cards like Drampa GX and Garbodor from the latest set, both of which are important to the meta, have been affected by this. Hopefully this can be fixed as soon as possible.

This brings me onto my second issue. The database has not been updated since GR came out, and this is a particular issue with the Promos. They have remained unupdated for a while, even as loads of new promos come out. This becomes embarrassing when you try and look at the decklists for the recent event results, and find you can't really, because the Tapu Bulu GX, Tapu Koko and Giratina promos aren't shown at all, each which is important in the current format. Or how about Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo? Neither exists according to the database, despite a list of dates when promos would be legal being published recently containing them, and few of the other promos on that list were on the database.

Seriously, if the PTCG wants to be treated seriously as a TCG game, then the database simply has to improve, full stop. Thank you for reading.

Just use Bulbapedia, their data base is more accurate and they update it once the Japanese set is released.

I've tried to visit the site a few times, but I've always found it to be browser-breakingly slow. That's generally why I don't use it. That and the sheer quantity of ads there (which also cause problem #1).

Archived