Advice for Legacy Landorus/Mewtwo/Garbodor

ArimaKousei

Hi guys,would like to take advice from you all to improve my legacy Landorus/Mewtwo/Garbodor deck  :D  and i have a few question too

Below is my decklist :

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Smeargle UD 8
* 3 Landorus-EX BCR 89
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 2 Mewtwo-EX NXD 54
* 2 Trubbish LTR 67
* 2 Garbodor DRX 54

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Pokémon Catcher SUM 126
* 3 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Switch SUM 160
* 2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Bicycle PLS 117
* 1 Lost Remover CL 80
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 1 N NVI 101
* 1 Random Receiver PLS 138
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116
* 2 Dual Ball UL 72
* 4 Junk Arm TM 87
* 2 Eviolite PLS 122

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
* 8 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

1)Do i need Jirachi-ex in this deck?
2)Do i need max potion in this deck?
3)Do i even need Bicycle in this deck?
3)Should i tech in Second Lost Removal / Third Virbank City Gym?
4)Is this the correct amount/type of supporter card that i am running?
5)Is this the correct amount of energy i should run?

Hope you guys can help me out.Thank you :D

Hi guys,would like to take advice from you all to improve my legacy Landorus/Mewtwo/Garbodor deck  :D  and i have a few question too

Below is my decklist :

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 11

* 1 Smeargle UD 8
* 3 Landorus-EX BCR 89
* 1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
* 2 Mewtwo-EX NXD 54
* 2 Trubbish LTR 67
* 2 Garbodor DRX 54

##Trainer Cards - 37

* 3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Pokémon Catcher SUM 126
* 3 Professor Oak's New Theory HS 101
* 1 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Switch SUM 160
* 2 Virbank City Gym PLS 126
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Bicycle PLS 117
* 1 Lost Remover CL 80
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 1 N NVI 101
* 1 Random Receiver PLS 138
* 3 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116
* 2 Dual Ball UL 72
* 4 Junk Arm TM 87
* 2 Eviolite PLS 122

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
* 8 Fighting Energy XYEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hope you guys can help me out.Thank you :D

• Why eviolite ? I prefer Muscle band, because you can even go against mill decks like durant, which need to be knocked out as fast as you can !
  • Why 3 float stones when you are running 2 switches, 4 junk arms, I would go with 3 switches and 2 float stones(forgot to say anything about the float stones)

• Go with 4 oaks, 2 Ns, 1 colress, 3 junipers, 1 skyla.
  • No need for extra virbank, probably opponent will be playing it, unless you against, celebi-virgen or plasma decks.
  • I would say bicycle can be situational, but for those situation, you already have smeargle and jirachi and random reciever.
  • Energy seems great :)
  • If there are too many, spaces left after the changes.. tech in for lost remover, startling megaphone as a counter to tool-drop deck and some catchers.

I hope this helps :)

@harshu He needs Float Stones for Garb. Also Muscle Band isnt in Legacy. ( I assume you dont know much about it)

As for the list:

- Energy is fine

- I would go with what harshu said for Supporters

- 3rd Virbank isnt needed, as your opponent might run Virbank as well.

- Max Potion is great, but I wouldnt go above 2

- I dont really understand Scoop Up Cyclone... I guess it can be used to pick up your Pokes, but I would run CPU Search Instead

Hope these help!

There's no muscle band in legacy though... and Lando and Mewtwo can't use bangles

Oh.. I forgot, muscle band was released in XY :( My bad..

Then I might go with eviolite or silver mirror, according to what you feel right. (eviolite seems better and more versatile)

@harshu He needs Float Stones for Garb. Also Muscle Band isnt in Legacy. ( I assume you dont know much about it)

- 2nd Virbank isnt needed, as your opponent might run Virbank as well.

I meant to say, that he must run 2 float stones and 3 switches, I forgot to mention about the changes of float stones, sorry about that (edited my post accordingly). Yeah you assumed right, I am a total noob ! :)

As for virbank, playing 2 is a must !

What will you do against decks that run tropical beach, or sky arrow bridge or even scary, against lost world. (or in case if it is prized -__-! )

Super cyclone because, he has junk arms and so he can re-use it and heal landorous and it works better than max potions which require him to discard energy which can be costly since he is only running 1 super rod.

Another suggestion (maybe a bad one, but if you want to try), go ahead and add 1-2 seekers and stay with 3 switches and 2 float stones. This can not only help you heal lando or mewtwo with dce or fight energy, but might be able to disrupt the opponent's bench.

The draw back of seeker would be, that you might end up letting him take his damaged pokemon.

So not necessary to run seeker, but just an idea if you would like to try out :)

Oh.. I forgot, muscle band was released in XY :( My bad..

Then I might go with eviolite or silver mirror, according to what you feel right. (eviolite seems better and more versatile)

I meant to say, that he must run 2 float stones and 3 switches, I forgot to mention about the changes of float stones, sorry about that (edited my post accordingly). Yeah you assumed right, I am a total noob ! :)

As for virbank, playing 2 is a must !

What will you do against decks that run tropical beach, or sky arrow bridge or even scary, against lost world. (or in case if it is prized -__-! )

Super cyclone because, he has junk arms and so he can use it better and heal landorous without max potions as they will require him to discard energy which can be costly since he is only running 1 super rod.

Another suggestion (maybe a bad one, but if you want to try), go ahead and add 1-2 seekers and stay with 3 switches and 2 float stones. This can not only help you heal lando or mewtwo with dce or fight energy, but might be able to disrupt the opponent's bench.

The draw back of seeker would be, that you might end up letting him take his damaged pokemon.

So not necessary to run seeker, but just an idea if you would like to try out :)

Whoops! I meant 3rd Virbank! (post edited) Makes sense to use Scoop Up Cyclone to heal, but he only has 3 Junk Arms, and they are better used on other things.

I like the suggestion of Seeker! Its interesting :). You can make your opponent pick up their only benched Poke and knock out their active for the win!

Whoops! I meant 3rd Virbank! (post edited) Makes sense to use Scoop Up Cyclone to heal, but he only has 3 Junk Arms, and they are better used on other things.

I like the suggestion of Seeker! Its interesting :). You can make your opponent pick up their only benched Poke and knock out their active for the win!

Oh.. the 3rd virbank, okay..

He apparently listed 4 junk arms, which you might have missed. As for other things, I think if the changes everyone suggested, I don't see the better things on which junk arm can be used on.. (other than super rod which won't be required if he uses super cyclone, since he already has smeargle, jirachi and random receiver to get on with supporters, ultra balls, float stones, switches, eviolite are enough in quantity.

Junk arms for what I think could only be used on (in most situations, not taking the occasional chances where you might be stuck with a bad hand or string of important cards being prized.) -

• Super Rod
  • Super cyclone
  • Virbank (in case of a non-virbank opponent deck that relies on stadiums such as lost world or tropical beach)

Can't think of anything else..

I still don't know if using eggs is good or not, due to not a very high amount of irretrievable stuff being discarded by ultra balls and junk arms or juniper.

One major thing to consider before we go into details is to now whether you want to play this in tournaments, or on ladder.

Although Landorus used to be one of the most played decks in tournaments, players have slowly figured out that Empoleon is low key the best deck and that match-up is pretty much unwinable.

If you want to run this deck in a tournament setting, I'd definitely run 1-2 tech cards against the angry penguin.

As for the ladder, I'll go other your questions real quick:

In your current set-up I'd definitely run it, because 8 draw supporters, 1 Receiver and no Comp. Search might not cut it. Keep in mind that Landorus is one of those decks that can't skip a beat and has a terrible comeback choice, because you need to establish control over the game in the early stages.

If you where to make some changes ( let's say another N, replace the Ace Spec, etc., then I'd cut Jirachi EX, in order to avoid a dead start with him in the active, as well as an easy target for Dusknoir, Genesect, the mirror, etc.

Running 1 Max Potion isn't to bad, although you don't really need it if you run Scoop Up.

This is one of those cards I'd 100% run in a tournament list, as the card can win a game by itself, though I can see arguments to save the space in a ladder version and go for a more aggressive approach.

It's nice to have, but it can also be rather redundant some times. I'd just test with different set-ups and see if you miss the card or not.

Neither is currently needed.

I'd cut Colress for another copy of N or Juniper. Getting the maximum value out of Colress isn't really suiting your game plan and since you never want to play it in the early game it pretty much becomes a dead card.

It works ( although I'd advice to go for another artwork. XY ? C'mon mate). Arguments can be made to cut 1 Fighting Energy.

Of course I read 3 Junk Arm.... Ugh, cant read at all today. Also Junk Arm cant get Stadiums or Suppoters unfortuantely. 

Its use is situational but here are some of the more common uses:

- Catcher, for a re-flip

- A Ball card so you can search for your Pokes

- Lasers (useful if you flip heads and you NEED to stall)

- Your Ace Spec (though not recommended for CPU Search since it destroys your hand.

Eggs arent recommended in this deck since you have Garbodor. It can benifit you for only the first or second turn at most.

Of course I read 3 Junk Arm.... Ugh, cant read at all today. Also Junk Arm cant get Stadiums or Suppoters unfortuantely. 

Its use is situational but here are some of the more common uses:

- Catcher, for a re-flip

- A Ball card so you can search for your Pokes

- Lasers (useful if you flip heads and you NEED to stall)

- Your Ace Spec (though not recommended for CPU Search since it destroys your hand.

Eggs arent recommended in this deck since you have Garbodor. It can benifit you for only the first or second turn at most.

For supporters I meant random receiver, or cyclone scooping jirachi. Didn't know about the stadiums @_@ ( now I remember that trainers were different from supporters and stadiums :( Sadly, I want to hit my head with a stick, gone too rusty :(

For supporters I meant random receiver, or cyclone scooping jirachi. Didn't know about the stadiums @_@ ( now I remember that trainers were different from supporters and stadiums :( Sadly, I want to hit my head with a stick, gone too rusty :(

Hmm, maybe leaving for a year wasnt that great of an idea... Your choice though so, respect.

And yes Random Reciever or Jirachi are nice here, but you have Garb out so Jirachi is useless. Also a liability (like Shay-bae ;-; )

felidae pretty much summed up most of what needed to be said.

Two things i'd like to point out though.

1. garb is a pretty good tech in itself against empoleon. Having the ability to lock their draws and prevent damage shift is huge.

Since you don't want to get hit for weakness, you'll be using mewtwo-ex most of the time against garb (for which you will need one max potion to aid in the prize trade- unless you have a mewtwo powered up with 6 energy)

2. you don't need 2 switches

1 switch + 3 float stones+ 4 junk arms= 8 switching cards, meaning you'll have on average 1 switching card per hand of 7 cards. I personally think that's sufficient

3. eviolite

this really depends on where you drop the eviolite. If you're using it to protect benched garbodors and jirachis, then maybe you could keep it, but otherwise i don't see it being too much of a help

this is because every weavile deck is running a good enough scrapper-junk arm combo (to remove silver mirrors to prevent an autowin) and a lot of decks in legacy hit you for weakness (tool drop, empoleon, tdk, any deck with mewtwo)

instead, i think strengthening your deck with cards to speed your setup (perhaps another ultra ball+ any other needed card) could help you out

This is my go to legacy deck for about 2 months now, and I know others have/will disagree with me but I cannot fathom playing it without 1 Jirachi-EX. The amount of times I have been top decking and hit a dual/ultra ball, or junk armed into a dual/ultra ball, and got jirachi fetching a juniper is more often than I thought possible.

I don't run max potion, I have seen times where it would of been useful, but I don't think it is worth a slot. Although that one is definitely preference.

I run 1 switch, 3 float and i think this build is definately more crucial in a deck without comp search, due to how vital an online garb is to some matches such as empoleon.

I want to try eviolite, I keep meaning to but always forget, then remember when I face a mirror match and my lando is facing of an eviolite wearing lando and I become a sad panda. Then I forget again.

Archived