The Real Rant (S03E03: I Have A Real Dream)

The_Real_Bug

I have a real dream that one day these forums will rise up and live out the true meaning of its potential:

"We hold this right to be self-confident, that all opinions are respected equally."

I have a real dream that one day on the servers of TPCI, the moderators and the players will be able to sit down together at the table of discussion.

I have a real dream that all posters will one day post in the forums where they will not be judged by the level of their frustration but by the content of their thread.

I have a real dream today!

And if PTCGO Forums are to be great, they must become crowded.

And when this happens, when new players will join us, we will be able to speed up that day when all of TPCI's staff and players, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Kahuna spiritual:

Crowded at last! Crowded at last!

Thank Tapu Koko Almighty, we are crowded at last!

Important Notice

Season 3 re-launches from Episode 3 due to disciplinary actions.

The Real Rant

Host: The_Real_Bug

Season 3 - Episode 03: I Have A Real Dream

I am sure that there is only one question in everyone's mind at the moment:

What was all that about?

And i do not blame you.

I tend to be confusing but that is just my way of trying to catch everyone's attention when i am trying to prove a point.

Allow me to explain what you just read.

It really pains me to see how empty the forums are being lately.

I met some really nice people here over the last few months, but nobody seems to be online anymore.

Why?

Could it be that unpopular opinions are being bashed by other users?

Could it be  because of the lack of interaction with TPCI staff because people really want to be kept constantly updated?

Could it be because the lack of interaction with other players due to the fact that users seem to be choosing other platforms of communication?

* Could it be because of the filtering of the forums?

* Could it be something else that i am not aware of?

I honestly do not know.

That was my "speech" all about.

Make no mistake about it, i am not bashing anyone.

I am just trying to understand what is actually happening around here.

For real (no pun intended).

So without knowing what the actual reason is, i am going to suggest an idea i have been thinking lately that could possibly boost the number of online players within the PTCGO Forums.

A PTCGO Forums Mobile Application:

* Designed for optimal use from any mobile device as if you are using your personal computer

* Push notifications for important announcements by the developers and the moderators

* Optional push notifications for created and followed threads

* Messenger function to communicate with people from friend-list  

Other suggestions for both site and application:

* Light and Dark versions of the PTCGO Forums for more comfortable reading experience

* Motives for using PTCGO Forums by rewarding various activities

* Occasional Q&A threads by the TPCI staff

What do you people think?

Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions with me as i think if we all come together, we can make the PTCGO Forums great again.

Before i conclude this episode of The Real Rant, i would like to give a shout-out to some people that i upsetted occasionally:

* To TPCi_Samhayne and his development team for turning things around during those hard times for PTCGO.

* To Mod_Alice and Mod_Elderberry for keeping them busy lately with my reckless behaviour.

* I am sorry for being harsh on several occasions towards several people.

Let us make PTCGO Forums crowded again.

Nice, nice. Really well though out writing. I wish I could upvote more than once. Everything said is true, these forums are just too inactive.

I hope one day the forums become as you decribed.

A PTCGO Forums Mobile Application:

* Designed for optimal use from any mobile device as if you are using your personal computer

* Push notifications for important announcements by the developers and the moderators

* Optional push notifications for created and followed threads

* Messenger function to communicate with people from friend-list  

Other suggestions for both site and application:

* Light and Dark versions of the PTCGO Forums for more comfortable reading experience

* Motives for using PTCGO Forums by rewarding various activities

* Occasional Q&A threads by the TPCI staff

I have forwarded these suggestions to the developers. Thank you for your suggestions!

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

I just wanted to express my feelings about the current situation of the forums.

Only few months ago these forums had 30-50 daily visitors, while nowdays have 10-15 daily visitors.

Either they moved somewhere else or something is keeping them from coming here.

It is something that TPCI should really consider changing and a mobile application could shake the waters a bit in my opinion.

The only reason I see for the forums being inactive is, because people don't really see a purpose of coming to the forums, do they ?

New players hardly know about forums, I remember myself lost, in the pokemon site when I stumbled upon the forums and it was really difficult to find it next time. Forgot to save the link.

You know in the past, forums were very essential in the player base, due to less events in the game itself. The forums used to be filled with player tournaments and giveaways, due to the absence of tournaments and vs ladder in the game itself, and was used for trading as well. The forums would be filled with quite many tournaments which brought players together. For example, search the forums for Trading Card League (TCL in player vs player ), and how active it used to be. Then, look at TCL's version now, players simply don't have enough time after the grinding they need to do on the vs ladder and tournaments (tournaments are totally not necessary, but many people do the grinding of vs ladder without fun, just for the sake of the rewards). Most of the old players had already quit, because investing in the PTCGO or say any game for so much of your life isn't just worth it, is it ?

If you ask me quitting for 1 year was worth it, and I suppose everyone who quit feels that way. Because when you are involved in a world of virtuality, reality seems to fade away and harder to manage.

Many old players like Ironbat, mefftu, eswer, desdaddy, alexmanectric had quit after giving the forums what they could. But you can't expect new players to devote their time like they did after what has changed 'in-game'. They had done great to the forums that I can't imagine any of us could have managed.

I don't know if its just me, but I think, the versus mode and the PTCGO game itself, has caused this. maybe its just me who thinks in such a disappointment and can be really really wrong by a long shot about my reasoning. But there isn't much of a motive left to be on the forums. New players (often rude many a times end up distressing you or give something unpleasant to think about - for example like a post that you replied in the farewell thread !. Which at least makes me ponder, is it really worth putting my time and devotion to help others when I might be the one who is wrong all along or even if I am right to get into such a conversation ??!

As a side not - This is not at all a complain how the game may have changed (most of it for good, who knows..) its just a rather sad side of how the forums and forum tournaments have changed..

I don't but in recent times, I haven't been able to put my thoughts correctly on the posts so do try to understand my so-horrible english and my vague thoughts (since my posts have let to many misunderstanding because I just couldn't write properly :( )

(I totally don't know about whatever happened in the past year - because i had quit the game for a year, I just returned couple of weeks ago and have been rusty..)

Thanks for reading, those were my thoughts :)

I can definitely get behind the idea of the forums becoming more active! I'm glad that my fellow mod (shout out to the awesome Mod_Elderberry!) is already on top of things forwarding this feedback. While I'm not sure if it will go anywhere, I would absolutely love to see a stronger forum community. ;)

harshu, I also want to thank you for your well-worded contribution. It definitely gives one something to think about.

I can definitely get behind the idea of the forums becoming more active! I'm glad that my fellow mod (shout out to the awesome Mod_Elderberry!) is already on top of things forwarding this feedback. While I'm not sure if it will go anywhere, I would absolutely love to see a stronger forum community. ;)

harshu, I also want to thank you for your well-worded contribution. It definitely gives one something to think about.

No shout-out for me?

*cries in the corner*

All joking aside, it really triggers me to see over 150 people being online "there" instead of the official forums.

I mean, here it's the place to be.

Unless if posting memes is more important than actually posting valid points.

Oh the humanity...

I would honestly love push notifications and night/day mode for ptcgo! The absolute convenience of being notified if my trade went through or not would be SO Handy instead of me logging in every 2 hours just to check it if worked, which I need to check again thank you for reminding me :P

Best Suggestions yet :D

I would honestly love push notifications and night/day mode for ptcgo! The absolute convenience of being notified if my trade went through or not would be SO Handy instead of me logging in every 2 hours just to check it if worked, which I need to check again thank you for reminding me :P

Best Suggestions yet :D

My idea was based on making an application about the PTCGO Forums but a PTCGO Game Companion could be simply amazing!

Nice one mate :)

No shout-out for me?

*cries in the corner*

All joking aside, it really triggers me to see over 150 people being online "there" instead of the official forums.

I mean, here it's the place to be.

Unless if posting memes is more important than actually posting valid points.

Oh the humanity...

You are the real hero ! SHOUT OUT TO TRB :D

My idea was based on making an application about the PTCGO Forums but a PTCGO Game Companion could be simply amazing!

Nice one mate :)

:o I just saw those 2 features and instantly liked them for the game xD Thanks man! :D

:o I just saw those 2 features and instantly liked them for the game xD Thanks man! :D

Just imagine how cool it would be to receive to receive push notifications about trades!

Catchiiiiiiiiiing xD

Just imagine how cool it would be to receive to receive push notifications about trades!

Catchiiiiiiiiiing xD

That would send this game to the next level Indeed B)

Archived