Hoopa Hyperspace Punch

samuraison

Hyperspace Punch. This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. ( Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon. )

So I just had a match with Hoopa as the opponents active and I had Eevee as my active. Hoopa had no tools attached.

I expected - Eevee to take 20 damage because I only had Eevee in play.

What happened - Eevee took 40 damage. Eevee already had damage so I lost.

So is the attack supposed to do 40 regardless or is it a bug? I can't find anything about it online.

Maybe it did that because you only had one Pokemon out. Seems logical, even though it says 2 Pokemon.

Maybe it did that because you only had one Pokemon out. Seems logical, even though it says 2 Pokemon.

That's why I'm trying to figure out what the ruling is on that. If Eevee is supposed to get hit twice then I know that for next time.

I can't seem to find any official ruling for this card. I guess since you only had Eevee in play, it had to put 40 on it.

I can't seem to find any official ruling for this card. I guess since you only had Eevee in play, it had to put 40 on it.

In the past there have been cards like this and the according to what I have seen is,  it only does 20 damage even if there is only 1 pokemon. Because the card says that specifically.

Just tested. Guess my opponent played Kukui because I can't get it to work again. Sorry for not checking first

In the past there have been cards like this and the according to what I have seen is,  it only does 20 damage even if there is only 1 pokemon. Because the card says that specifically.

I thought so.

Just tested. Guess my opponent played Kukui because I can't get it to work again. Sorry for not checking first

Did he actually? Or are you just assuming that he did. You mentioned earlier that he played Sycamore.

(Sorry if this sounds rude lol. Its just that you sound unsure.)

Did he actually? Or are you just assuming that he did. You mentioned earlier that he played Sycamore.

(Sorry if this sounds rude lol. Its just that you sound unsure.)

I'm unsure. Should have saved the log but it was turn 1 so I clicked too fast. I probably wasn't paying attention but I was sure he played sycamore.

Archived