Glalie's [32/145] Crunch Not Removing Energy

korimbo

Greetings

It's not often that I play Pokemon TCG Online, but tonight I was playing through a few Versus matches with a deck I'm experimenting with. In said deck, I have a Snorunt (2) -> Glalie (1) / Froslass (1). The Glalie I have is from one of the most recent series. Its two attacks are Crunch (which deals 40 damage and removes an energy from the opponent's active Pokemon if a coin flip lands on heads) and Raging Floe (which deals 70 damage, unless Glalie is damaged, in which case it deals 150).

While playing one of my last matches tonight, the outcome of the game hinged on Glalie landing a heads with Crunch and removing an energy so I could progress to victory. The 40 damage was dealt on my turn, the coin was flipped, it landed heads--but the energy was not removed. This allowed for my opponent to stack another energy and win by knocking Glalie out. I went over the move multiple times: "Maybe it's energy taken off of an EX/GX?" or, "Maybe it said tails instead of heads?" But no, everything lined up correctly.

This makes me to believe Crunch is bugged. If needed, I can post the exported game log for further investigation. Thank you for your time.

Post the game log. Maybe they have wonder energy attached. Maybe there's a magearna on their bench. Maybe they have twisted spoon (unlikely)

If you have the game log, please do feel free to post it, and it might help track down the issue.

In any case, I have passed this bug report along to the proper channels so that it can be tested and reviewed.

Thank you for your bug report!

Hello Again

I couldn't find an easy way to copy-paste this log into a forum post without the actual posting taking forever. Instead, I've used pastebin--sorry for the shady looking link, but that's where you'll find the log as a whole.

When I looked at the actual log, it says that on point 214 that I flipped a tails on the coin which this whole epidemic is coming from. I know for a fact that it said I flipped a heads in-game. The coin I use is a golden Mega Rayquaza coin, and it was shining gold saying, "Heads." So maybe this is a visual bug? And I'm not making any accusations, but is it possible that the opponent was cheating somehow? (Sorry greymon4000--just curious!)

EDIT: Seems to be a chat filter for links... What do?

There's also the possibility that Energy Keeper Carbink was in play; it prevents basic energies from being discarded from basic Pokemon.

Archived