Feedback for Coming Version 2.45 and Versus Reward Refinements

TPCi_Samhayne

I love everything with this update expect for the fact that decks are given points for prize cards taken. It competently discourages mill decks

Edited by ahoodedman
  • Upvote 2

I love everything with this update expect for the fact that decks are given points for prize cards taken. It competently discourages mill decks

Not if they win :) The whole point of creating a mill deck is to win the battle. So it would make small difference to them anyway.

(By the way I hate mill decks and I am completely regretting their existence)

As for the new changes, all I can say is FINALLY!!!

A big thumbs up from me!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I love everything about this update. It's annoying having the wheel land on previously landed slots and the reward track is a nice addition.

• Upvote 2

Does the daily reward track stop once you have the 10 boxes you would have received from the verses wheel or does it keep going beyond that?

First of all: Thank you KarpGrinder, who made the amazing suggestion of giving losers a point for each prize taken about a month ago. You're the real MVP mate :D.

Feedback in order:

Points for losers

Great concept. The only issue I can see with it ( as mentioned in Karp's thread) is that players might tend to invest more time in a game that is already lost, just to get a couple of points out of it.
Overall the benefits outweigh the potential problems by a lot though, so it's all good :D.

Streaks

On the one hand I like this system a lot, as it not only rewards good players, but also makes up for playing slower decks as well. Personally I can safely say that this will encourage me to play the game more.
That being said I'd love to see the same streak system for losers ( with less points / a certain time restriction, in order to avoid auto concedes). For me, the ladder is fundamentally a great tool for new players / players with a small collection to obtain good and valuable cards/packs/tickets.
However, those aren't necessarily the players who'll get a 5 game win streak ( just imagine playing Theme Deck mode, yeah that ain't gonna happen), but more likely a 5 game loosing streak.

Versus daily rewards

Hey, you play Gwent as well :D. Jokes aside, it's a great system. Nothing negative to add here :).

Overall the update looks really good. Now you guys just have to remove more bugs than you add and we're good to go ^^.

P.S. I naturally have to sing my old song and ask: Do you have any plans to release a MMR leader board in the near future <3 ?

• Upvote 1

First of all: Thank you KarpGrinder, who made the amazing suggestion of giving losers a point for each prize taken about a month ago. You're the real MVP mate :D.

Feedback in order:

Points for losers

Great concept. The only issue I can see with it ( as mentioned in Karp's thread) is that players might tend to invest more time in a game that is already lost, just to get a couple of points out of it.

Overall the benefits outweigh the potential problems by a lot though, so it's all good :D.

[...]

Overall the update looks really good. Now you guys just have to remove more bugs than you add and we're good to go ^^.

P.S. I naturally have to sing my old song and ask: Do you have any plans to release a MMR leader board in the near future <3 ?

As long as I'm using my current deck, I'll be giving extra points to people I beat, so maybe they'll stick around long enough for me to get the damage/evolutions/KOs I might be looking for as an aside to the victory.

Yes, sounds good.

Seeking: Advanced user interface.

3rd game 3x Trainer Tokens is just too little when a pack is selling at 200tokens

You've taken 2 prize boxes, and you'll get another next game. This is like the spin that lands on the prize you've already taken, so I'm fine there.

3rd game 3x Trainer Tokens is just too little when a pack is selling at 200tokens

this is to replace the current wheel system which need luck

you might end up getting 4 box in 4 wins now but also you might get unlucky and only get 1 box in 4 wins (happened to me before) 

with this system theres no luck as the number of win is set in stone so if you win 4 games you will always get 3 box(assuming the reword in the pic stays the same)

in other word ignore the tokens reword and imagine them as if you landed on a taken box in the current system

First of all: Thank you KarpGrinder

Thanks, I'd been feeling somewhat disenfranchised since that thread received little attention and died unceremoniously - I'm glad to see the developers took heed and used my suggestion nearly verbatim. 

I'm a fan of the other planned improvements as well - hopefully it'll encourage more users to get into creative deck-building.

• Upvote 6

I have to say I love this update, I cant say how countless times I play those long games of back and forth prize for prize, and as soon as you think you have game, out if no where, Lysandre Good game :c 

Now I wont feel like I wasted an unnecessary 20-30 minutes trying to play a hard game. 

Thank you KarpGrinder :D

I also REAAAALY love the bonus vs points from win streaks :o

The Bonus box feature I am very looking forward to because getting 1 token after a satisfying game win makes it feel like nothing :c , Now it has that guaranteed flavour that we all wanted :D

Over all a huge improvement to the vs ladder :D 

• Upvote 1

I can't wait to actually try these changes out!

All of it seems to be really necessary, and will make the game more funny and comfy to play!

I am really excited about Pokemon Trading Card Game Online update, for the first time since I don't even remember…

Good job, developers, thank you!

This seems like a solid step in the right direction as far as rewards go. Giving bonuses to win streaks helps give people who might have conceded a meh start a reason to stick it out. Also the "pity points" to a loser encourages you to play since you get something. One question I have though: Does conceding forfeit the loser points or no?

Edited by Doodleboppers

One question I have though: Does conceding forfeit the loser points or no?

I don't believe conceding changes anything except when the game ends.  I will double check with the team and the latest build and get back with you.

For the most part, seems like great changes. It always annoys me when someone concedes too prematurely. Coming back from a big hole is very satisfying, and I feel like players have been robbing themselves of that​ experience, just to go grind more for prizes. The bonus points for taking cards will hopefully help greatly with that.

That said, I'm not a fan of changing the bonus wheel for another linear reward chart that encourages more grinding. Some of the thrill of games and opening packs is the randomness, reflected by the wheel. I would say just make it so the wheel can not land where it has landed before (yes, that is a HORRIBLE feature currently), or that once a prize has been taken, its​ empty spot gets filled by another random reward possibility.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

.. comfy to play!

But.. will it be "Easy to wear"?

"Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" -Youngster Ben (Route 3)

Edited by KarpGrinder
  • Upvote 3

For the most part, seems like great changes. It always annoys me when someone concedes too prematurely. Coming back from a big hole is very satisfying, and I feel like players have been robbing themselves of that​ experience, just to go grind more for prizes. The bonus points for taking cards will hopefully help greatly with that.

That said, I'm not a fan of changing the bonus wheel for another linear reward chart that encourages more grinding. Some of the thrill of games and opening packs is the randomness, reflected by the wheel. I would say just make it so the wheel can not land where it has landed before (yes, that is a HORRIBLE feature currently), or that once a prize has been taken, its​ empty spot gets filled by another random reward possibility.

I do agree, that linear bonus prizes will add a grinding stuff to it and the ladder change is what I would back up rather than, the linear system. It might make people feel more grind and all.

I don't believe conceding changes anything except when the game ends.  I will double check with the team and the latest build and get back with you.

Confirmed, conceding only changes when the end of the game is and doesn't cancel your versus points for gained prize cards.

I have a suggestion

rather then giving points to the loser based on prize cards taken rather use a point system (there would be a cap on how much you could get per game)

the system would measure the quality of plays and how close the user was to winning

this way mill decks get the same equal treatment as normal decks

Edited by ahoodedman
  • Downvote 1