Hello ALL...Newbie Dad Here...Looking for ANY help!

BiggAlley

Hello all,

I am a dad of a up and coming Pokemon master ( at least I would like to think so!!...LOL!). We play together ALOT and the game has helped with his math and mapping out his moves in his mind.  However, when we do anything outside of the regular themes ( expanded built deck,events etc..) we get SLAUGHTERED!!!...So, my question is where can get EX cards?

Can I purchase JUST EX cards..help

Thanks...and any other tips you can offer would be great!!

"Crushing Current" Dad

seems like you want to go all out and spend irl money.  if that is the case, you can buy codes of 2 major online shopping site i cant name on here but im sure with a little web search you can find it.  You would then use the packs from codes to trade for ex/gx that you need.

In order to obtain cards in the game you'll need trade-able packs. Those represent the currency in PTCGO, as it is a trading card game after all.

Two things you should know beforehand:

1. As 920 already said, the easiest / cheapest way to obtain codes for trade-able packs is buying them online. You get those card cards from real life booster packs and a lot of players who play irl, don't play the Online game and thus sell their codes for a penny.

2. Different packs have different market value. You should check out the trading companies on the forum, in order to determine how much your packs are actually worth, before you buy them (i.e. Roaring Skies can usually be traded for anything without a problem, whereas you'll have some difficulties to get expensiv cards for packs like XY, Flashfire, etc.).

Now that you got your packs, it's time to build your decks. This part is crucial in order to avoid spending packs on cards that you don't need. I'd suggest posting your ideas on the forum ( just use the deck builder in-game, there you can add cards you currently don't own without problem), in order to see if you made major mistakes. Note that Theme Decks are light years apart from competitive decks, in the way they are build and also in their overall strength and consistency.

It kinds sounds to me like BiggAlley is talking about cards in real life.  Is that correct?

If so, then many comic book stores and similar sell individual cards.  And of course, online shopping is always effective.

If not, refer to Felidae and Deonrona.

Archived