Sign in to follow this  
RobRatt

Pull-rates for Guardians Rising

RobRatt

I hope this information is useful or helpful to someone.

Many people believe in "luck" when opening packs.  In the real-world game, if you buy sealed cases (6 boxes), it becomes more about "odds" because they're usually predictable.  It's more random in the Online game.

Because we share cards in the real-world game, my family and a friend pitched in together and bought 2 cases.  We opened 10 of these boxes, both Online and off.  This sampling of 360 packs is large enough to see any patterns (or lack thereof), but small enough that the average player can get an idea what his chances might be (?).

I kept a tally of the better cards when opening these packs, noting the GX's (regular, full-art, and hyper rare), full-art Trainers, hyper rare Trainers, and special Energy.

With the real-world cards, we averaged 6.4 "good" cards in every box (or 36 packs).  Specifically...

7 / 7 / 6 / 6 / 6 / 7 / 6 / 7 / 6 / 6 (a mean of 6.4)

The Online code cards were sporadic and unpredictable, but we still averaged 7 "good" cards in every box (or 36 packs).  Specifically...

7 / 4 / 9 / 5 / 7 / 3 / 11 / 7 / 8 / 9 (a mean of 7.0)

We averaged 5.7 GX's per box (36 packs) in the real-world cards, and 5.9 GX's for every 36 packs Online.

For the end-of-set Hyper Rares (#146 thru #169, pokemon, trainers, energy), this figured out to be 1 out of 40 packs in the real world, and 1 out of 36 packs in the Online boosters (a total of nine and ten, respectively).

In case someone is interested in specifics, here's the detailed list for real-word cards, including the Hyper Rares:

(0/0/0 = regular / full-art / hyper rare)

4/2/0 Alolan Ninetales GX
0/0/1 Decidueye GX, HR only
4/1/0 Drampa GX
0/0/1 Incineroar GX, HR only
4/2/1 Kommo-O GX
2/2/0 Lyconroc GX
3/0/0 Metagross GX
0/0/1 Primarina GX, HR only
3/2/0 Sylveon GX
4/1/0 Tapu Koku GX
2/1/0 Tapu Lele GX
3/0/1 Toxapex GX
4/1/0 Turtonator GX
3/0/0 Vikavolt GX
3/1/0 Wishiwashi GX

2 Hala Full-art
1 Hau Full-art
0 Mallow Full-art

0 Aqua Patch
1 Enhanced Hammer
0 Field Blower
0 Max Potion
1 Rare Candy

1 Double Colorless
1 Fighting
0 Grass
0 Lightning

Here's the detailed list for Online packs, including the Hyper Rares:

(0/0/0 = regular / full-art / hyper rare)

4/1/0 Alolan Ninetales GX
0/0/0 Decidueye GX, HR only
3/1/0 Drampa GX
0/0/0 Incineroar GX, HR only
8/1/0 Kommo-O GX
3/3/1 Lyconroc GX
4/1/0 Metagross GX
0/0/0 Primarina GX, HR only
2/1/0 Sylveon GX
1/2/1 Tapu Koku GX
6/2/0 Tapu Lele GX
1/2/0 Toxapex GX
2/0/0 Turtonator GX
2/4/0 Vikavolt GX
3/0/0 Wishiwashi GX

1 Hala Full-art
1 Hau Full-art
1 Mallow Full-art

3 Aqua Patch
1 Enhanced Hammer
0 Field Blower
0 Max Potion
1 Rare Candy

1 Double Colorless
1 Fighting
0 Grass
1 Lightning

Edited by RobRatt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

TheGuruCaveTC

seems like pull rate is the same then for online and irl

RobRatt

seems like pull rate is the same then for online and irl

It appears that way.  But there were a couple groups of 36 code cards (a box) that had me nervous.  Getting 3 or 4 "good" cards per 36 would be frustrating if it didn't all average out.

MSW613

Each secret rare is 1 in 1120 packs, so the odds of you getting 1 of everything were against you, but still a nice haul!  Thanks for sharing!

XyrousPrime

this for me keeps raising the question of whether to open packs or trade them for cards, doing the math, if you traded the ultra rare cards they can roughly get you 400 gr packs if no a little more, but then again this was only possible since you opened a lot of packs if lets you opened an online box that had like 4 pulls then its really bad unless you get a tapu lele, i opened personally 80 packs online, the first 50 got me 6 gxs the best being a ra tapo koko and 1 sr fighting energy, i then opened 25 packs on another day and got 2 fa traners and 1 fa toxapex gx, till now they were real bad, however the last 5 packs i opened got me 2 tapu leles in a row which evened things out for me and me feel i got my packs worth, so i dont really know about statistics but in my experince in this game which has been only 10 months i believe now that opening only a large number of packs will make you feel getting you packs worth and thats only in the first month of a release after that the cards lose value and buying them will be much cheaper than trying and opening them.

ps: thank you for providing the numbers :)

watertroll0904

There's a pattern in real life packs that you will get good cards on the sixth pack!

Is there any sign of this pattern in the online game as well? So myaybe next time, I'm redeeming packs with tokens, I will buy six packs at a time!

RobRatt

There's a pattern in real life packs that you will get good cards on the sixth pack!

Is there any sign of this pattern in the online game as well? So myaybe next time, I'm redeeming packs with tokens, I will buy six packs at a time!

Actually, whoever did the first print run of Sun & Moon made a big mistake, and the "good" cards were stacked evenly (every 3rd one).  It didn't take long, and this problem was corrected.  Subsequent print runs were "shuffled" pretty well.

This set, like so many others, is very random.  You do get a consistent amount of good cards in sealed boxes and cases, but there's no pattern that can be found usually.  With the GRI boxes we opened this time, it seemed like the 18 packs on the left side were better than the right, but that's about it.

It's funny that you ask that question about Online packs.  Because I would sure like to know that answer too.  It seems as random as can be to me though.  I tried to open them in different patterns to see, but no luck.  With hundreds of other people opening at the same time, I just figure someone else might be getting that magical "sixth pack."  :)

Edited by RobRatt

settlers25

Pull Rates BW, XY and SM

any Secret Rare = 1/125

hr = 1/75

Full Art = 1/25

reg GX/EX = 1/10

Source: 5000 packs opening

Edited by settlers25

Sign in to follow this