Battle the Elite Four, win a free card

Pokerpg

Challenger, enter the Elite Four Challenge to win a free card.

Gotaway, Neko the Kat, Fox Rhoode, and I are offering a challenge to anyone who wants a free card. The free card is at least an uncommon. A challenger may donate a common to upgrade his or her potential prize to a rare. The donation must occur when the challenger starts his or her first battle against a member of the elite four. Only 0 or 1 donation is needed for the entry to battle all four members.

Rules:

• The challenger must beat Neko, Fox, and I, in order to reach the grandmaster Gotaway.
  • If a challenger disconnects, then he or she must face the other elite four members that he or she has beaten.
  • If an elite four member for some reason disconnects, then the challenger has 2 more tries to battle that member. For example:
  • game 1 - member disconnects
  • game 2 - challenger lost
  • game 3 - challenger has the right to battle that member again
  • If a challenger lost to any of the elite four, the challenger must start again from the beginning.
  • A challenger or member can change decks at any time.
  • A member may quit as part of the elite four at any time.
  • To remain as a member, either the member has to play 7 times in a period of seven days or all the other members approve that he or she can stay without meeting the quota.
  • The challenge starts as soon as the other 3 members approve of this thread.

We don't want to hear people saying "What??? I got this card for all that work! It's not fair!" The main goal of this challenge is to have fun and not about what prize you're going to get.regular_smile.png

I want to challenge you all ... :x

just one question - is it one win-match or best of three ? Since a single play is useless - both player start with a Tyrouge for example and the winner is the person who wins the flip ;\

just one question - is it one win-match or best of three ? Since a single play is useless - both player start with a Tyrouge for example and the winner is the person who wins the flip ;\

One match, not best of 3 cause in real life, it's a one-match. two out of three takes too long too.

Donk happens from time to time. It's a valid win in a real tournament so it shouldn't be changed. That's just the way it is unfortunately (or fortunately depending if you won).

One match, not best of 3 cause in real life, it's a one-match. two out of three takes too long too.

Donk happens from time to time. It's a valid win in a real tournament so it shouldn't be changed. That's just the way it is unfortunately (or fortunately depending if you won).

The official Wizards tournaments are not for real without best of three right ?

I'll take the challenge.

But, since I've already beaten you in a Ranked Match (don't deny it), will that count as me beating you as an E4 member?

Its just something for fun guys, don't be picky about whos best and what not, it isn't really all that important.....>.> I certainly don't believe I am the best but I do play decently.

I was going to put the thread up but rpg beat me to it o well.

As for the prizes, we will keep it fair as well, so don't worry. We will give out useful cards as much as possible like useful trainers/supports such as PONT, judge, pluspower/defender, just whatever we have spares of. Pokemons could be like muk, lilligant, and stuff like that.

And no, even if you have beaten us before, it doesn't count yet. This is not to say you didn't beat us back then or whatever, it is just to say that it is much easier to count and organize once we actually start this.

This can go smooth and organized or it can be very very chaotic to keep track of whos beaten who, who has to start over, etc. I think we will have to put a new thread up that is updated daily to keep track of stuff.

We'll also decide on a chatroom for people that takes this challenge so we can keep it organized as well. And so we dont have to spam the trading post one.

Once us 4 can get together and tweak the final details, there are a couple of things I like to bring up with the team first, one of which might be a consolation prize, since I do understand that beating 3 or even 2 of us might take some time and devotion to do if the matches take long. So I wanted to discuss something about maybe some consolation prize for those that did beat 2-3 of us.

Another thing is I'd like to talk about recruitment into the team as well, because as we know, time difference is a big issue with online games, and we ARE human and need sleep, have busy schedules, etc. So I think it would be best if we can have more members to diversify our team in terms of both skill/deck types and timezones.

On that note, I do like to hear some suggestions about elite four event if any of you have any to bring up. We are open to suggestions and any feedback/comments will be appreciated.

Once it starts, you will be informed for sure, so don't worry about missing it.

If its in the next few weeks I would possibly like to be recruited as a member. I'm on here at least 8-12 hrs a day and could be the lower rank of the four. or fill in for someone.... however I dont have very many cards so I'm playing with basics and extras given to me by other players.

If not then It's gonna be fun just playing against you guys. Hopefully I'll at least beat one of you haha.

Another thing is I'd like to talk about recruitment into the team as well, because as we know, time difference is a big issue with online games, and we ARE human and need sleep, have busy schedules, etc. So I think it would be best if we can have more members to diversify our team in terms of both skill/deck types and timezones.

On that note, I do like to hear some suggestions about elite four event if any of you have any to bring up. We are open to suggestions and any feedback/comments will be appreciated.

Well, here's an idea: how about you make a full, organized Pokemon League? You could ask various people to be gym leaders or elite four members periodically (though the champion should stay the same). Once someone beats 8 of the gym leaders, they can go on to the E4 challenge once at least 3 or 4 of the members are ready, and then onwards to the champion.

I want to take on this challenge and challege all of the members of the Elite 4. I want to get stronger as a player and I'll be hoping to let me know when it's going to be starting and when you guys get online. I'll be expecting a good challenge from you guys.

Well, here's an idea: how about you make a full, organized Pokemon League? You could ask various people to be gym leaders or elite four members periodically (though the champion should stay the same). Once someone beats 8 of the gym leaders, they can go on to the E4 challenge once at least 3 or 4 of the members are ready, and then onwards to the champion.

That would honestly take way too long, and I'm not sure who is even interested to become a member at this point, and how many. After that, we'd have to pick and choose people that are competant of course to even pose a challenge to the challengers.

A full league would take forever, given the timezone problem I talked about, it just doesn't seem practical.

Are we allowed to defeat the Elite 4 more than once and still get free cards, because it would seem unfair if we use the same deck over and over to basically steal from you.

Interesting.

I could join as a member or a challenger.

Idea of people running into different types (fire, grass, lighting,...) and different deck is good and make the game/ match unpredictable.

EDIT: just an extra idea.

It can ranked as advanced (very competitive deck, normal, beginners (basic trainer challenge deck), so prizes are rares, uncommon, common.

But I know it's going to take up many deck space, time and effort so there's no need to work on that.

But I know it's going to take up many deck space, time and effort so there's no need to work on that.

not really you can save to computer so you can make an infinite amount of decks if you have the cards for it

Archived