shadow140808

[PC] Installation - Old version preventing installation of the game

shadow140808

I uninstalled PTCGO about 2 weeks ago and now would like to install, again however ever time I try to install I get an error message saying

"The older version of PTCGO cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Anyone ever had this 

I am on windows 10 I have tried going through my Registry files and deleting all the Related files also I have run CCleane to no avail.

any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Mod_Alice

Hey there!

It sounds like you need to do a clean uninstall. Please follow the directions below to do so:

PC Uninstall

1.     Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2.     Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3.     The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pokémon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokémon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4.     Empty your Recycle Bin and then restart your computer.
  5.     Please ensure that you also delete all previously downloaded versions of the game. We recommend using a different web browser to download the file again (such as Firefox or Google Chrome). Visithttp://pokemon.com/playtcgo to download the latest game installer.

shadow140808

I tried uninstalling the game through my control panel and I got this error 

"The config data for this product is corrupt please contact support

Edited by shadow140808
  • Upvote 1

Mod_RedDragon

I tried uninstalling the game through my control panel and I got this error 

"The config data for this product is corrupt please contact support

Hey there shadow140808!

If you need to open a support ticket you can do so by clicking the link in my signature and selecting the "Ask A Question" option after signing in. Hope that helps!

shadow140808

Thanks for all your help my issue is now resolved

Mod_Alder

Glad to hear you fixed your problem.