Quindorrian

BUG: Zapdos Resistance in Pokemon TCG Online

Quindorrian

First of all, why is there no direct link on the main page for support for the online TCG?  They have support emails for all other games, but not this one?!  And, I sent an email and it told me it's for card replacements only?! 

But, anyway, I just wanted to report a bug that Zapdos resistance is not properly working in the Pokemon online TCG. It states on his card that he takes -20 fighting pokemon damage. I was fighting against a fighting type Pokemon and it did not apply any resistance. There were no buffs or stadiums to prevent my resistance. It’s a pretty bad bug. Thanks for any help.

Adhir1995

Did you face Lucario by any chance? His first move is not affected by resistance

Quindorrian

Did you face Lucario by any chance? His first move is not affected by resistance

No sir.  It was a basic fighting pokemon from the roaring heat deck.

LordKieta

If you were facing a Basic Fighting Pokemon, is it possible they had Furious Fists Machamp in play, which gives fighting pokemon an additional 20 damage to their attack. Then, they could have hit for Resistance, but it'd not have been noticable since the Ability of Machamp cancels out what is prevented from Resistance. 

samuraison

First of all, why is there no direct link on the main page for support for the online TCG?  They have support emails for all other games, but not this one?!  And, I sent an email and it told me it's for card replacements only?! 

But, anyway, I just wanted to report a bug that Zapdos resistance is not properly working in the Pokemon online TCG. It states on his card that he takes -20 fighting pokemon damage. I was fighting against a fighting type Pokemon and it did not apply any resistance. There were no buffs or stadiums to prevent my resistance. It’s a pretty bad bug. Thanks for any help.

You gotta be more specific. We can't guess what you had on the field wasn't important.

Which Zapdos did you have in play?

What was the opponents Pokemon?

What attack was used?

Stadiums, tools, special energy?

Any supporters or items played?

Bench Pokemon?

If you can't give us these playing conditions, we'll be playing 20 questions with you all day.

If you have the game log, that would be nice.

UselessEX

No sir.  It was a basic fighting pokemon from the roaring heat deck.

was it passiman and was your zapdos benched??

or was it roggnerola??

samuraison

was it passiman and was your zapdos benched??

or was it roggnerola??

I'm going with his Zapdos was benched and he doesn't know resistance usually doesn't apply on the bench.

He never said his Zapdos was his active once I reread the problem.

Mod_Alder

Quindorrian if you would like to submit a ticket to our CS team simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Quindorrian

Quindorrian if you would like to submit a ticket to our CS team simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

I already did this and they want a game log.  Of course, now I have to have the gumption to figure out how to do this on a Mac and then look back through over a dozen matches since then to find it...  Super annoying and I don't have the time for it.  Add a button to report bugs from a last match and have it automatically send a game log for that match.  Otherwise, these bugs will never get fixed.  Seeing lots of bugs in this game where things don't always work and it is annoying to have to research to report them. For example, twice in a row Decidueye's brave bird did not hurt himself, and someone else was watching me play and were also baffled (no other buffs or cards in place to resist the damage).  It's relatively infrequent, but still annoying.  I don't mind reporting, but I honestly don't have the time to put into helping you fix it.  Game designers should be able to pull the log for my account and look into themselves.

• Downvote 1

Mod_Alder

Im sorry to hear you had some trouble. I will let the development team know about your thoughts on a more streamlined bug report system. 

PlatinumDude

One of the Fighting Pokemon from the Roaring Heat theme deck is Boldore. Its second attack, Rock Hurl, ignores Resistance when dealing damage.

You need to read the attack descriptions more carefully.

Edited by PlatinumDude
  • Upvote 1