[GAME] General - Menu Bar Hidden When Application is in Foreground After 2.43.0 Update on MacOS 10.11.6

After updating the client to 2.43, the menu bar is hidden while the application is in the foreground (and not full screen, obviously).  Is this some ploy to get us to play longer by hiding the clock?

I'm using macOS 10.11.6

Edited by graywh
TPCi_Samhayne

Hi Graywh,

I have a hunch that this is either an effect of the underlying Unity update and how that plays with your specific OS & Video Hardware, or that it was necessary to fix the bug where the game wouldn't display on the "main" monitor.

Either way, I believe that your expectation is that when in windowed mode, that the menu bar would display.

I have asked our Testing Team to review this complaint on our test Macs to see what they find.

Are you using a multiple monitor set up?

TPCi_Samhayne

To be clear, I doubt this is something that can be hotfixed, in that it is client functionality.  Our next client update would be SM2 launch.  It looks like testing was able to reproduce the issue.  We'll get it documented for future possible work.

In the meantime, it is what it is.  Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Thanks for checking on it.  It's unfortunate that these types of problems aren't being caught before new versions are pushed to users.