Sign in to follow this  
Leonzilla

What is up with the weird number of tokens gotten from the prize wheel?

Leonzilla

Is there any reason for the odd number of tokens?

The wheel is giving 47 tokens where it's usually 50 and 99 where is usually 100.

Was this decided as part of the bonus tokens for the week celebrating pokemon day, or is it possible that the system is being hacked to take a small amount of tokens from every player to put in a given account as they earn them?

Those are the only two reasons I can think of to see such odd numbers in the price wheel. Although admittedly the staff could have just randomly felt like using strange numbers for no discernible reason, I suppose. 

But that would be a little strange don't you think?

Sakura150612

No, you got your conversions wrong. 25 goes to 47, 50 to 99, etc. It's supposed to be a bonus token week after all.

I'm still amused at the fact that the first thing people assume when they encounter something strange is hacking even though there is practically no history of hacking in this game. Even though 99.99999999999999% of the times these situations could be explained by either bugs or an oversight on part of the players, there's still a surprisingly large number of hack reports. I don't even know.

Leonzilla

No, you got your conversions wrong. 25 goes to 47, 50 to 99, etc. It's supposed to be a bonus token week after all.

I'm still amused at the fact that the first thing people assume when they encounter something strange is hacking even though there is practically no history of hacking in this game. Even though 99.99999999999999% of the times these situations could be explained by either bugs or an oversight on part of the players, there's still a surprisingly large number of hack reports. I don't even know.

That would make sense, but why 47 instead of 50 and why 99 instead of 100? Did the staff think something along the lines of being generous but not too generous?

Endosutra

It was done so that you would notice that there was a bonus (this was mentioned by a mod on the reddit), if it went up from 25 to 50 or 50 to 100 (etc) you might just think its the regular 50,100, etc coin reward. 

• Upvote 1

Leonzilla

It was done so that you would notice that there was a bonus (this was mentioned by a mod on the reddit), if it went up from 25 to 50 or 50 to 100 (etc) you might just think its the regular 50,100, etc coin reward. 

Do you have a link? I can't find the post you are talking about.

TPCi_Samhayne

The intent is to use a "weird" number in there on purpose so you know that the amount you are getting isn't normal.

If we doubled the 25 to 50 and then you get 50, was that the normal 50 amount or was that the 25 doubled to 50?

Old 25 -> Bonus 47
Old 50 -> Bonus 99
Old 100 -> Bonus 225
Old 375 -> Bonus 500

We don't refer to it as "double," but as "bonus" for this reason. You're getting more stuff, enjoy!

Leonzilla

The intent is to use a "weird" number in there on purpose so you know that the amount you are getting isn't normal.

If we doubled the 25 to 50 and then you get 50, was that the normal 50 amount or was that the 25 doubled to 50?

Old 25 -> Bonus 47

Old 50 -> Bonus 99

Old 100 -> Bonus 225

Old 375 -> Bonus 500

We don't refer to it as "double," but as "bonus" for this reason. You're getting more stuff, enjoy!

Alright, thanks for explaining your reasoning.

SandaledOtter

I don't think I've seen any complaints yet that the bonuses are smaller than last time. This is a good thing. :)

Leonzilla

I don't think I've seen any complaints yet that the bonuses are smaller than last time. This is a good thing. :)

Well they are only a little smaller, and besides I say that bonuses are bonuses, being upset about this would be like looking a gifted horse in the mouth.

But I do find it strange that they choose to go with few less tokens rather than few more to avoid giving away any reason for anyone to complain.

the_sqveel

clearly hax, cos it's totally worth the hackers' time to change the script to give people two or three less coins than usual. 

Sign in to follow this