My work in progress

dec0y

So, I really want to make a nice Grass/Psychic deck but for now I really just don't have the cards I want/need for it so I'm trying to make a little bit more gimicky Grass deck.

Here's what I'm thinking:

Pokemon x32

Combee x4 > Vespiqueen x3

Oddish x4 > Gloom x3 > Vileplume x2

Snivy x4 > Servine x3 >> Serperior x2 (ability)

Sewaddle x3 > Swadloon x2 > Leavanny X2 (nurturing)

Trainers x13

Twins x2

Collector x3

Prof Elm's Training Method x4

Interviewers Questions x4

Energy x15

Rainbow x4

Rescue x2

Leaf x9

I don't think I have all the numbers how I want them but the basic concept is that I want to get Vespiqueen and Combee into action as soon as possible with at least one damage counter on Vespi. Since there would be room for one more pokemon, I figure Serperior or Vileplume would be great supporters. I don't have all of the cards yet to test this idea but I'd love to see how quickly I can get those combees into action. 1 energy for 80 damage seems pretty reasonable to me.

Collector is to speed up the process and Twins is a way to make up for the likely KOs to all of my Combee's. Continuing a late game offense shouldn't be too hard with Serperior keeping the active pokemon fighting strong; Vileplume preventing many powerful trainers such as Collector and PETM from getting a lot of use; and Leavanny making sure I'm not bogged down with weaker basics and dealing decent damage with enough luck.

I hope to not need the late game, but I know I'll need to make the early game as effective as possible. Any tips would be appreciated. I just picked up the TCG again after not playing for a few years. Remembering all the tricks of creating an effective deck are a bit foggy now. :D

Try a Reuniclus - Spread the Damage, and heal 10 from each of your Pokemon with Serperior's Royal Heal. With both Serperiors, you can heal 20 Damage from each Pokemon. With a full Bench and an Active Pokemon, that's a total of 120 Damage healed!

Reuniclus is a good idea

metagross (psychic) is what i would use for your setup. (and they aren't too pricy)

Free retreats would help save energy which the deck needs, then you could keep swapping and healing whilst vespiquen protects your bench.

This would also mean you could switch vespiquen into play when you need to put damage on her again to get your enraged assult going.

It has good synergy, it preserves energy and compliments serperiors heal. =)

So, where would they fit into the deck? In place of Vileplume and Leavanny?

I would use 1 or the other not both. At most your setup should involve 2 on the bench, 3 on the bench is too hard to setup, it takes too long and has too many chances to go wrong.

Come to think of it i would out levanny and vileplume for metagross and muk lines.

Muk would be the first thing you put up to stall/kill your opponents, then you can put your bench together and once your set up, should be pretty hard to stop.

This is also your dream combo of grass/psycic.

muk and metagross aren't very hard to get a hold of.

muk line i would proberbly go 4-2 and metagross i would go 4 -3 -2 but that could be tweaked.

With vileplume out and trainer lock broken be sure to add in pokemon communications =)

energy wise muk only needs 1 to function and metagross is only in your deck to sit on the bench, so you wouldn't need many psychic/rainbow maby 1/3 of your energy.

Serperior muk vespiquen and metagross - sounds like a strong grass/psychic setup to me

Try a Reuniclus - Spread the Damage, and heal 10 from each of your Pokemon with Serperior's Royal Heal. With both Serperiors, you can heal 20 Damage from each Pokemon. With a full Bench and an Active Pokemon, that's a total of 120 Damage healed!

lol you just explained my grass deck. and you should mention that it's 20 damage at the start AND END of your turn with 2 Serperiors. Meaning a whopping 240 damage healed which is way over the max anything can hold. Just get one out and your set.

Only real counter is if you don't have a Poke out that can wishstand being 1 shotted, and if they Catcher your Reuniclus and deal over 90 damage.

I agree that if you're going to have grass-psychic with Serperior Ability, then Reunculus is a natural fit. But I would think that Reshiram decks (of which there are oodles) would give these sorts of decks a lot of trouble. What's the strategy there? I always assumed that this is why I don't see that combo very often. (Well, that and the slowness of using Reunculus on TCGO. Did they ever fix that?)

Also, isn't the conventional wisdom that three Stage 2's is too many?

Btw, Vileplume doesn't stop Collector or PETM, since they are Supporters.

@Josiah Fierce: That's my plan, too, so that's why I suggest that.

@dalee78: To battle Reshiram, you could use Metapod, with Poke-Body Green Shield. Also, about the Stage 2 wisdom... I usually use 5 Stage 2 Pokemon (2 Serperior, 1 Torterra, 1 Reuniclus, 1 Butterfree), but what you're saying makes a lot of sense...

Archived