Active pokemon's ability not working

Ok I was playing Sharpedo (Rough skin) and opponent's active was Yveltal (Fright night). Whenever his pokemon would attack my sharpedo, the damage counters won't be put on his pokemon. he even switched his active to Audino-ex and same error persisted. And before anyone says garbodor or hex maniac, there was no such thing in play. I have heard similar problem being reported by other players where their abilities don't seem to work in some cases (without hex maniac,garbodor).

Yeah, all these retaliation abilities are kinda buggy right now, same thing if you combine it with dangerous energy. If it wasn't bugged I would try out the new sharpedo.

The same exact issue is occurring with the new Pyukumuku card's ability, Innards Out.

Built a gag deck based around it and bursting balloons, and the ability is not dealing damage.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
toddmoonbounce

Still experiencing this same issue. No special cards in play, just my Sharpedo vs. Opponent's Lucario. Attacked me and no Rough Skin damage placed on opponent.

Insane3980

Froslass ability doesn't work either when it is knocked out by an attack. The opponent has not play any hex manic either and there is nothing on the field that hinders the use of abilities.

Sakura150612

Froslass ability doesn't work either when it is knocked out by an attack. The opponent has not play any hex manic either and there is nothing on the field that hinders the use of abilities.

Are you certain your Froslass was knocked out directly by the damage of an attack and not something else (including, although not limited to, card effects, placing damage counters as opposed to straight up damage, damage from abilities, recoil damage and status effect damage)?

Peterabing

Are you certain your Froslass was knocked out directly by the damage of an attack and not something else (including, although not limited to, card effects, placing damage counters as opposed to straight up damage, damage from abilities, recoil damage and status effect damage)?

I see where you are coming.. i also thought I could use Teammates when my Pokemon got knocked out. But it was caused by poison directly before my turn but not on the opponent's turn.

It is all in the detail. Sometimes we expect the wrong result of certain events in the game like damage done by attacks vs counter placed as effect of attacks.

soesichedi

Hi All,

I am having issues with using Mew-EX Versatile Ability, after the latest patch (16 mar) i am not always able to select other pokemons attacks, even though i have the necesary energy.

Seems like a bug to me, anyone else ?

• 4 years later...
Kiba_Packs

Celestial GX ability doesn't work. Multiple times it was killed by a GX. It's supposed to prevent any damage done to it by GX Pokemon when its Active.

• Downvote 2
Chasista
44 minutes ago, Kiba_Packs said:

Celestial GX ability doesn't work. Multiple times it was killed by a GX. It's supposed to prevent any damage done to it by GX Pokemon when its Active.

Welcome.

How did you end replying in a 4 years old thread? 😲

With the info you gave, it's impossible to say there is a bug. There's literally hundreds of cards that could make the ability not working and BTW you named the pokémon wrong.

Open a new thread adding correct info and details and yet we could figure out about it, maybe. But for next time, get the Log and paste it here. It's the only reliable way to check what was in play. Without it, it's only theories.

Have fun!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
IceBeamTogetic
1 hour ago, Kiba_Packs said:

1) Please include a game log of the supposed bug. 99 times out of 100 it's something simple like not reading a card in play or not knowing some edge-case ruling. If it's actually a bug, the devs need the log to replicate it.

2) Please read Celesteela's ability. It prevents damage and effects of GX attacks, not attacks from GX's.

• Mod_PãodeQueijo locked this topic