Sign in to follow this  
kevster888

I can't use Game Chat

kevster888

I haven't been on the Pokemon TCGO in a while, and for some reason I can't use game chat. I have no idea if this is a bug, but I'm honestly just really confused. Any help is appreciated, thanks.  :)

graywh

In-game chat (except for friend battles) was removed in favor of a limited set of phrases and images, which you can access by clicking your avatar.

ahoodedman

they removed chatting in public games

kevster888

In-game chat (except for friend battles) was removed in favor of a limited set of phrases and images, which you can access by clicking your avatar.

Lovely. The filter was perfectly fine, why remove it? That's how you MAKE friends in the first place! And no, a "Want to be friends?" chat option is NOT enough. Friendships with players in an online game don't happen through menu chat, believe me.

Sakura150612

Lovely. The filter was perfectly fine, why remove it? That's how you MAKE friends in the first place! And no, a "Want to be friends?" chat option is NOT enough. Friendships with players in an online game don't happen through menu chat, believe me.

To be honest with you, I nake most of my friends here in the forums and even back when chat was a thing I never made any long lasting friends with the people I chated with in-game, so it's definitely possible to make friends without the chat.

If you're interested in knowing why this happened, go to the feedback forum and do some searching. You'll find the reason why this was done and why it cannot feasably be undone in the near future.

Sign in to follow this