ewto16

Child account unable to add friend

ewto16

Trying the setup the game so I can add my son as a Friend.  I've tried modifying the settings on the Pokemon website to allow his account to add friends.  However, the friend tab remains non-highlighted and I can't click it.

Trying to set his settings as Limited or Open constantly results in a failure on the submit of those settings.  The only options that are successful are Closed and Custom.  I've set Custom as "open" as I can and I'm still unable to have him add me as a friend.

Help please.

Mod_Jynthu

Hello ewto16,

Please note that child accounts are not able to be set to the open pre-set. We recommend selecting custom and selecting each setting individually. 

Additionally, there is currently a known bug in which child accounts are unable to access the Friends tab until a friend request has been received from another account. I recommend sending a friend request from your parent account to your child account. 

ewto16

Hello ewto16,

Please note that child accounts are not able to be set to the open pre-set. We recommend selecting custom and selecting each setting individually. 

Additionally, there is currently a known bug in which child accounts are unable to access the Friends tab until a friend request has been received from another account. I recommend sending a friend request from your parent account to your child account. 

I've set it to custom about a dozen times now.  I've sent a dozen friend requests.  He still isn't able to click the friends tab.  It appears my friend requests are NEVER getting to him.  Please let me know what I need to do otherwise.  Here are the settings I have on the Child account.  The Trade setting does appear to keep changing his permissions, but the friend one doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

Friend List

Open: Account may send and accept in-game friend requests freely.

Closed: Account may not send or accept in-game friend requests.

Friend Chat*

Limited: Account is able to send and receive pre-approved, in-game phrases and icons to communicate with players on the Friend List.

Closed: Account is unable to send and receive in-game chat messages with any players.

Friend Trade

Open: Account may trade freely with players on the Friend List.

Limited: Account may trade freely with players on the Friend List, but only for cards or objects of similar rarity.

Closed: Account may not engage in trading.

Game Chat*

Limited: Account is able to send and receive pre-approved, in-game phrases and icons to communicate with players during a match.

Closed: Account is unable to send and receive in-game chat messages with any players.

Public Chat*

Private Messaging

Closed: Account is unable to send or receive in-game private messages. Account is able to send and receive in-game messages from administrators.

Public Trade

Open: Account may trade freely with players that are not on the Friend List.

Limited: Account may trade freely with players that are not on the Friend List, but only for cards or objects of similar rarity.

Closed: Account may not engage in trading with players that are not on the Friend List.

Shopping

Limited: Account cannot purchase Gems. Account can redeem Gems, Tokens, codes and booster credits for in-game items.

Restricted: Account cannot purchase Gems or redeem Gems for in-game items. Account can redeem Tokens, codes and booster credits for in-game items.

Forums

Limited: Account has access to the read only areas of the forums where Moderators post game information, such as News, Patch Notes and FAQs.

Edited by ewto16
  • Upvote 1

Pascoudoodle

I have the same problem between me and my child's account. Help please?

Corngood

I'm in the same situation.  I was able to send another friend request by blocking and unblocking the child account on my friend list, and then adding it as a friend again.  Now on the child account there is a notification of an incoming message with a (!) on the main menu, and also a (1) on the friends list button, but the button is still disabled.

Aerwam

Having the same issue.  I change both of my children's accounts to limited so that I can invite them and play with them.  It changes the settings back to closed no matter what.

Please help

Mod_Jynthu

Hello Trainers,

If you are experiencing an issue with updating your child's account settings and used the custom setting, I recommend submitting a ticket for further assistance. To submit a ticket, please click the link in my signature, sign into your parent account, select the Pokémon Trainer Club Account category, then click "Contact Us".