Game crash - can't start

SupahStarmon

SupahStarmon

When I try to lead up PTCGO, I get a pop-up that looks like:

Oops!

The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2017-02-03_124834" next to game executable.

It would be great if you'd send it to the developer of the game!

Don't know what to do. Please help!

• Upvote 5
matthew69

The maintenance isn't finished yet so hopefully this will fix it before it goes live, it seems as if that this is effecting everyone though, so assuming it doesn't naturally fix itself in the course of the scheduled maintenance it will probably lead to an extension of some length. 

• Downvote 1
TPCi_Mathis

The game is in maintenance right now for the 2.42.3 update. That said; the game definitely should not be crashing when you launch it while we're in maintenance. We need a little more info on this to investigate further:

• What platform are you playing on?
  • Was your game client patched up to the latest version prior to today's maintenance, or are you patching up from an older version?
Jumpluff_999

I opened up the game just now on the desktop client (fully updated Windows 10) and it patched the Refresher. The Refresher then updated the game to the latest version (2.42.3), proceeded to launch the game, and now the game immediately crashes when being opened.

• Upvote 4

I opened up the game just now on the desktop client (fully updated Windows 10) and it patched the Refresher. The Refresher then updated the game to the latest version (2.42.3), proceeded to launch the game, and now the game immediately crashes when being opened.

same! (with windows 7) 

Edited by MaxyCaruso

So after the maintenance i try to open the game and it says 

The game crashed 

The crach report folder named "2017-02-03_200424" next to game executable.

im new i didnt know where to post so i posted it there

• Upvote 1
TPCi_Samhayne

Ok, we know what the issue is and are deploying a patch for customers in the state that causes this.  We are working on a correction to get people in this state going.

Thanks for your patience.  

Oldschool1990

Nice- updated, and then I get a white screen and an error message saying:

"Oops!

The game crashed.

The crash report folder named "2017-02-03_203456" next to the game excutable

It would be great if you'd send it to the developers of the game!"

That appears everytime I try to start the game.

Gz guys, you just broke the client.

• Upvote 2

Same story.

Worked fine before that patch.

Win 8.1