Sign in to follow this  
Lonelyricist

Slowking bug

Lonelyricist

Slowkings psych up attack says next turn this attack does 40 more damage.. with a base attack of 40 the attack power used each turn should + 40..

The card at the moment is going as follows..

1st turn: 40

2nd turn: 80

3rd turn: 80

4th turn: 80...

The attack stops adding 40 each turn when technically it should.. the attack should work like this...

1st turn: 40

2nd turn: 80

3rd turn: 120

4th turn: 160 ...

And so on.. can someone please help me fix this.. how do i report this bug it's ruined my deck completely..

Edited by Lonelyricist
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JayD37

That't not how the card works, while each turn you use the attack you get a boost of +40, it only lasts for that next turn and fades after, the text says  

During your next turn, this Pokémon's Psych Up attack does 40 more damage (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

So by using the attack continually you will hit for 80, but because it specifies during your next turn this boost only applies to that turn. So the game is functioning as intended.

• Upvote 2

theonlyjake9

99% of 'Bug' reports are just uneducated players. Do people seriously not know how to read cards? I just feel sorry for people who answer these, as they are wasting their time on 'insert word that specifies people with low intelligence'.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

SuperStone

99% of 'Bug' reports are just uneducated players. Do people seriously not know how to read cards? I just feel sorry for people who answer these, as they are wasting their time on 'insert word that specifies people with low intelligence'.

There's not need to be mean about it.  That's rude, untrue, and generally detrimental.  Yes, the OP was wrong.  But the card doesn't actually make very clear what it means.  Mistaking a stacking effect for a non-stacking effect is a very easy thing to do in most card games, and this situation is no exception; the card means base damage, but does not actually say it.  So cut the dude some slack; everyone makes mistakes.

@Lonely Lyricist: Unfortunately for your deck, that's not how the card works. :( The way the ruling goes on this one, the extra damage is added to the base damage, not what you did last turn.  It would be really cool if it stacked, but it doesn't, which is probably a good part of why this isn't a more popular strategy.

• Upvote 1

Sakura150612

There's not need to be mean about it. That's rude, untrue, and generally detrimental. Yes, the OP was wrong. But the card doesn't actually make very clear what it means. Mistaking a stacking effect for a non-stacking effect is a very easy thing to do in most card games, and this situation is no exception; the card means base damage, but does not actually say it. So cut the dude some slack; everyone makes mistakes.

@Lonely Lyricist: Unfortunately for your deck, that's not how the card works. :( The way the ruling goes on this one, the extra damage is added to the base damage, not what you did last turn. It would be really cool if it stacked, but it doesn't, which is probably a good part of why this isn't a more popular strategy.

You have to admit though that a lot of the reported bugs would be solved faster if people just read their cards correctly. It wadn't the case for OP since this time he misinterpreted the text rather than not reading it altoghether, but a lot of people report random things that are clearly explained in the card itself and a few of them even have the nerve to act entitled to an immediate "fix".

Doesn't justify being an *** to OP but I van totally see where he's comming from. Can't deny doing the same thing myself either though, so it could just be that I'm biased.

Sign in to follow this