Sign in to follow this  
azukola

Bug: Space Beacon Ability Needs Fixed!

azukola

I just played a game and lost badly because my opponent, who was running Mega Sceptile and Starmie was able to discard a basic green energy and get two back with the ability even though the text reads "You can't choose a card you discarded with the effect of this ability". My opponent did that at least twice in game though. They did use the new Sun/Moon energies which may be the culprit.

azukola

I just confirmed this with my own testing. I discarded the exact same basic energy to get two in my discard.

Felidae_

The book of not understanding the cards: chapter 23

Starmie does two separate things:

1. It requires you to discard a card

2. It returns two Basic Energy cards from your discard pile back to your hand.

Now, everything is fine and dandy, until we get to the following sentence: You can't choose a card you discarded with the effect of this ability.

This means that you can't get back the same card ( in case it's a basic energy) you just discarded with Starmie. i.e. you have 1 Energy in your discard pile and discard another one with Starmie, you only get to return 1 of them. The same instance is true for the card Super Energy Retrieval.

Any instance in the game that specificity selects “a card” ( in this case the one you discarded), does only focuses on said card, regardless of other cards with the same name.

Sign in to follow this