Sign in to follow this  
Elemiliox

Mega "Charizard y" and parallel city

Elemiliox

When playing the parallel city stadium and attacking with "Mega Charizard Y" I have both the attack and the damage effect

JayD37

I'm not to sure what your trying to say, as there's no Mega Charizard that has an effect do to the stadium, and any attacks would still have there secondary effects such as discarding energy or damaging itself.  The stadium would either force you to only have 3 bench spaces or reduce your fire/water/grass pokemons damage by 20.  I'm not to sure what the issue you encountered was though, so if you could give more details it might help myself/others figure out what the problem is.

• Upvote 2

Sakura150612

Could you elaborate a bit more? Parallel city only has a bench reducing effect and a damage reducing effect. Which side did you set towards yourself?

• Upvote 1

Elemiliox

I'm not to sure what your trying to say, as there's no Mega Charizard that has an effect do to the stadium, and any attacks would still have there secondary effects such as discarding energy or damaging itself.  The stadium would either force you to only have 3 bench spaces or reduce your fire/water/grass pokemons damage by 20.  I'm not to sure what the issue you encountered was though, so if you could give more details it might help myself/others figure out what the problem is.

Could you elaborate a bit more? Parallel city only has a bench reducing effect and a damage reducing effect. Which side did you set towards yourself?

The side that reduces my damage, so instead of doing 300 are 280 but at the same time the damage done to itself is 30 instead of 50

JayD37

Elemiliox, on 15 Jan 2017 - 3:52 PM, said:

The side that reduces my damage, so instead of doing 300 are 280 but at the same time the damage done to itself is 30 instead *****

Thanks for clearing that up, but since Parallel city reads

Choose which way this card is directed before you play it. Any damage done by attacks from this ↓ player's fire/ water / grassPokémon is reduced by 20 (before applying Weakness and Resistance)

I think its correct in reducing the damage, as the self damage is still coming from your Charizard, and as such it reduces the damage by 20, as the stadium states. 

edit: really, the censor is so sensitive that you can't even type out secaf (read that backwards) even though its on a card in the game?  Edited by JayD37
  • Upvote 2

Sakura150612

Damage reduction also apllies to recoil damage. So for example:

> M Charizard + Parallel City

> AT Golurk doesn't take recoil damage because resistance also applies to recoil and its dual type gives it fighting type damage, which it resists.

> AT Nidoqueen's 2nd attack has to specifically state that weakness doesn't apply to that recoil damage, because it otherwise would apply.

This doesn't count for situations where the damage reduction (or increase, as the case may be) specifically states it only changes damage done by the opponent. So for example, Hard Charm would not reduce recoil damage.

I hope this helps.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this