What's the most overpowered card?

fluvial

I just played a game where the opponent won on her first turn (dealt 120 damage to my Audino) and I didn't even get to take a turn!

That seems pretty overpowered to me! Winning before the opponent even does anything? That's like textbook broken right there, no two ways about it. In hindsight I had only one Pokemon out, but having more wouldn't do much good since the opponent's Zekrom would still be alive with 80 HP and 3 energy cards. And it would still only be my first turn!

I'm guessing a combo this effective is well known, but just in case, it uses Pokemon Collector, and some pokemon that when you play it, you can attach up to 2 lightning energy to it. And somehow the opponent moves that energy to Zekrom but I guess I missed taking note of what allowed her to do that. I always groan when my opponent plays Pokemon Collector.

there's alot of tears about OP basics but you guys are only considering sheer power. Reshiram and Zekrom are really easy to stall with any pokemon that can discard energy or slp/par/con.

Now, I admit that some of the 1st turn combos are stupid OP, but you can still counter a zekrom/reshiram donk just by having enough pokemon on your bench to eat some attacks while you build up.

edit: i'll add that imho pokemon catcher is the most over powered card. there's no flip like with pokemon reversal, there's no build up as with poke blower +, and there's no consequence as with warp point. This card allows you to hamstring any deck that requires a benched pokemon like renuclious, emboar, feraligator, etc.

I think that no card is really overpowered in the current format (until mewtwo EX is released, then all the best players in the world will all play with it, and it will be unbeatable almost)

I can't wait for the Noble Victories release! Some of the abilities I've been looking at look really cool like

Valcorona's Ability: Burning Scales

As long as this Pokemon is in play, the number of damage counters placed on your opponent's Burned Pokemon between turns for Burn damage is now 4.

Sick!!

Eviolite looks really useful & of course Mewtwo lvl x looks freakishly strong!

As of right now I would say rare candy could be the biggest game changer. Not necessarily over-powered though.

It is apparent that Reshiram is the most powerful basic in the game & that combonation Rockshard was talking about is is a Pachi/Shaymin mix. It is frighteningly effective!

I'm hoping there are some good cards in Noble Victories I can use seeing as how I only really like playing lost decks with a disruption mix. So I hope there will be good psychic & dark types or trainers I can use coming out!

Okay I must also mention Yanmega prime & Magnezone.. especially a combination of these two. If there is an over powered combonation it is that, I am annihilated every time! I really hope the new set has something a lost deck can use to counter this. It's just way too powerful! It's not even fun, I refuse to play with these decks myself because it takes the fun out of the game.. it is simply just too easy of a win. Of course I also refuse to use Reshiram & Zekrom for the same reasons. I'm just really hoping they come out with some good dark & psychic types that can counter these beast.

Archived