What's the most overpowered card?

fluvial

The "I Win Card." I made it myself, The second I play it I win.

Seriously we're probably going to have a Reshiram/Zekrom conversation here. Probably Reshiram because it's easier to get cards back from the discard than it is to heal Zek's self damage.

Like Pyre said Reshiram/Zekrom. Best stats for a basic in the game as far as I know. The only Primes that compare as basics I think are some like maybe Absol Prime which you could technically win 1st round if your opponent just has a basic and you have a double energy I think?

Most other Primes you have to build up to as either stage 1 or 2 and sure they're strong but with those you can't usually just whip out a Pokemon Collector and get 3 on your bench. Which is why I say Zekrom and Reshiram are.

130 HP

2 Energy for 20 up to 140 damage

3 Energy discard 2 for Reshiram for 120 or Zekrom 20 damage to self

(Which coincidentally if I remember thats the same ability Typhlosion gets with Reshiram. It has the strength/ability of a 2nd stage as a basic -_-)

I personally think it's legend cards like Krogre-Groudon and Raikou-Suicune. Sure, they have 2 weaknesses and they reward the foe with 2 prize cards when defeated, but they are just WAY too overpowered, with VERY unfair attacks, unfair pokebodies, unfair HP, unfair typing, and sometimes even unfair retreat costs, especially those 2

Also, Legends aren't THAT hard to play and use with the right deck. Mantine+Feraligator Prime is the perfect example on how you can easily play Raikou-Suicune and watch your foe beg for mercy against the might of that tank.

Like Pyre said Reshiram/Zekrom. Best stats for a basic in the game as far as I know. The only Primes that compare as basics I think are some like maybe Absol Prime which you could technically win 1st round if your opponent just has a basic and you have a double energy I think?

Most other Primes you have to build up to as either stage 1 or 2 and sure they're strong but with those you can't usually just whip out a Pokemon Collector and get 3 on your bench. Which is why I say Zekrom and Reshiram are.

130 HP

2 Energy for 20 up to 140 damage

3 Energy discard 2 for Reshiram for 120 or Zekrom 20 damage to self

(Which coincidentally if I remember thats the same ability Typhlosion gets with Reshiram. It has the strength/ability of a 2nd stage as a basic -_-)

It does 40 to it's self actually.

But, i agree with you on that

Ah gotcha, must have been thinking about the Feedback, Bug thread on Zekrom with Defender. I don't use either one lol so don't know all the details off the top of my head.

But yeah, still ridiculous. Reshiram moreso.

The most overpowered card to me is Tyranitar Prime. Darkness howl hurts any non-Dark pokemon, Power claw's damage is only affected by weakness or resistance, and Megaton Tail does 120 damage to the defending pokemon and all you have to do is discard 3 cards for the top of your deck. Tyranitar could knock out any pokemon in 1 hit with some special dark energies attacked to it. However the biggest draw back is Tyranitar is a stage 2 pokemon and he needs 2 dark energies and 2 random energies to use Megaton Tail. However he's worth the wait.

In my opinion rare candy and pokemon collector are the two most overpowered cards in the game.

They have more of an impact than any other card and I can see them being around for longer

Reshiram and zekrom wont seem so special next to mewtwo ex and kyurem ex

Don't see anyone wanting to ditch collectors or candy's though.

Thats just my take on it, there's no right or wrong answer it just comes down to personal preference =)

For the moment Reshi and such are the strongest basics and easiest access, but yeah I took a peek at Mewtwo EX and that is the most broken thing I've seen. Kyurem EX also fairly broken. Mainly from their HP. Basic Pokemon with 170-180 HP that is just idiotic. Thats the same as a fricken Wailord that doesn't have near that much attack or low energy cost.

Now THOSE would be game breaking. Those are even stronger than 2nd stages.

gardevoir is the card i will be looking out for from the set, there's a few setups with her and it'l be interesting to see which one comes out on top

mew + lost zone zoroark seems like it would counter mewtwo ex

=)

Since you get 2 prizes for knocking out an EX, there is a certain logic to how overpowered they are. We'll have to wait and see if they really are unfair or not.

Pokemon Catcher is sort of a ridiculous card, but I think that something like that is necessary for high-level decks in order to counteract overpowered Ability Pokemon that just camp out on the bench.

Pokemon Collector would be fine if there we didn't have all these overpowered Basics. It would also be more reasonable if it forced you to place them directly on the bench (like Revive).

Catcher is of course important. For instance I play one deck thats Reuniclus + 1-2 Serperior. Have a Dragonite in front. If there's no catcher unless they get a strong normal pokemon out they're not gonna beat me. Then I'll still have built something to replace it, and that will clean house after Dragonite. The only flaw is Catcher, bringing out the Reuniclus then hitting him with something that will do over 90 damage.

Certain strategies need Catcher, it's not that overpowered. Though can mess up a strategy pretty well lol.

EX even if it takes 2 Prizes that doesn't matter. So do LEGEND cards but you can't grab 3 with Collector probably. If they can be chosen with Pokemon Collector I will deem they most likely will be broken. "Oh look someone just grabbed 3 EX Mewtwos that each have 170 HP, can deal ungodly damage with little to no energy cost" I remember one ability just costs I think like 2 energy then goes up constantly for every energy you have on ANY pokemon. You could just load up the bench or other Mewtwos and you'd still be powering it up. Then lo and behold if you get close to KO it, it just retreats. Or they could have a Reuniclus in the back like I often do in certain decks making it fricken invincible.

Basically this depends if it works with Pokemon Collector which I'm betting it will. -_-

Sorry for this question (still new), can you play a level EX pokemon directly??? I thought that for example, you would need a "basic" Mewtwo card in order to evolve it to Mewtwo Ex?!

Sorry for this question (still new), can you play a level EX pokemon directly??? I thought that for example, you would need a "basic" Mewtwo card in order to evolve it to Mewtwo Ex?!

Googled it and nope, no negative besides 2 Prize Cards. They still count as basic as far as I know.

They've been known to change mechanics before when a new expansion is released, like rare candy, they might very well do the same concerning collector and pokemon ex, or seperate pokemon basic and pokemon ex basic

I hope anyway lol

lol there are some evil looking cards in there. Keeping my eye also on the legendary birds. They look like they have quite a bit of strong yet cheap moves. That and of course the EX which are ridiculous looking

• 3 weeks later...

rare candy is like pokemon steriods, i also encountered this oversized legend card that required four energy cards to do something like 90dmg to all opponents pokemon, such overwhelming power

Archived