Why is everyone making a fuss about Pokemon Catcher?

popandbop

As the title says, I don't know why people are making such a big deal over Catcher. There are 2 cards already in existence like Catcher:

<a style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 43, 184); background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " href="http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d7/Pok%C3%A9monReversalHeartGoldSoulSilver99.jpg">427px-Pok%C3%A9monReversalHeartGoldSoulSilver99.jpg[/url]

This first one is basicly catcher with a coin flip. Relesed in HG&SS.

This second one is the excatly the same as catcher:

circ.jpg

This is from Unleashed.

Please enlighten me why everyone is sooooo exicited about Catcher.

As the title says, I don't know why people are making such a big deal over Catcher. There are 2 cards already in existence like Catcher:

<a style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 43, 184); background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " href="http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/d/d7/Pok%C3%A9monReversalHeartGoldSoulSilver99.jpg">427px-Pok%C3%A9monReversalHeartGoldSoulSilver99.jpg[/url]

This second one is the excatly the same as catcher:

circ.jpg

This is from Unleashed.

Please enlighten me why everyone is sooooo exicited about Catcher.

Yeah, this puzzles me too. I don't know what the big deal is. Catcher isn't that good of a card. As you have stated there are already 2 cards very similiar to it that are playable. May someone explain

Pokemon Catcher allows you to choose which pokemon your opponent must send out, doesn't it? And the Reversal has a coin flip involved, while circulator allows your opponent to choose the pokemon in which they switch. (I may be totally wrong. :P)

Pokemon Catcher allows you to choose which pokemon your opponent must send out, doesn't it? And the Reversal has a coin flip involved, while circulator allows your opponent to choose the pokemon in which they switch. (I may be totally wrong. :P)

Ahh. That clears it up. Those 2 cards are very similiar though. Thank you!

But still IMO it doesn't seem like a crazy good card

Reversal is hurt by Murphy's Law, and Circulator is hurt by anyone having multiple benched Pokemon.

Those cards are only half as good as Catcher. And considering people actually used Circulator and/or Reversal...

Which means it only works half the time. Catcher works ALL the time.

This second one is the excatly the same as catcher

Actually, this card lets your opponent choose which pokemon to switch to, not the one using the card. The thing with pokemon catcher is that you can switch your opponent's active pokemon with a pokemon that has a low hp amount. You can then proceed to KO it for an easy prize card. It's basically like the gust of wind card in the very first pokemon card set. It's a very useful card for gaining a prize card advantage over your opponent.

Okay. Thank you all for answering the question.

BTW, I have another question. Can you put basic primes (Absol, Mew and Celebi) on your bench from your hand?

BTW, I have another question. Can you put basic primes (Absol, Mew and Celebi) on your bench from your hand?

yes, you can

Of course. It doesn't restrict you from doing this action. By all means do it.

Archived