Looking for a Standard T1 Deck to Use

M_Red_DragonO1

M_Red_DragonO1

SO my T1 M Mewtwo Y/Garbodor Deck ran out of gas and just kept losing, even to **** decks. So i am wondering of what other standard T1 decks that are out there that wins games like mine used to? Bad enough that i had to reset the win/loss ratio like fifty times due to shenanigan losses and players cheating. Also no trolling on this post

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samuraison

• Millard4

• Sakura150612

• M_Red_DragonO1

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SO my T1 M Mewtwo Y/Garbodor Deck ran out of gas and just kept losing, even to **** decks. So i am wondering of what other standard T1 decks that are out there that wins games like mine used to? Bad e

Sigh... I'm gonna go away but don't get the wrong idea. You just don't want to listen to legit advice so there is no point in staying here. Good luck finding any help with that attitude, you'll need i

Just came back real quick after finding this gem:   "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I lik

Sakura150612

Bad enough that i had to reset the win/loss ratio like fifty times due to shenanigan losses and players cheating. Also no trolling on this post

Funny that you would lead off the thread with this. This is exactly what you don't want to hear but idc, here it goes:

1) This topic was amply discussed in your other thread and thus far there is no evidence that w/l ratio of a deck has any effect on matchmaking. If you want to face easier opponents then just keep losing; you'll eventually tank your MMR so badly that you'll only be facing bad decks.

2) There is no form of cheating in the current version of the game. The closest thing to cheating this game has seen is taking advantage of known bugs, but nowadays cards that are buged that have a high impact in the game get disabled and promptly hotfixed, so that's not a thing anymore.

3) The bird is the word buddy, the bird is the word. That's your T1 deck for standard.

/thread

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
M_Red_DragonO1

Funny that you would lead off the thread with this. This is exactly what you don't want to hear but idc, here it goes:

1) This topic was amply discussed in your other thread and thus far there is no evidence that w/l ratio of a deck has any effect on matchmaking. If you want to face easier opponents then just keep losing; you'll eventually tank your MMR so badly that you'll only be facing bad decks.

2) There is no form of cheating in the current version of the game. The closest thing to cheating this game has seen is taking advantage of known bugs, but nowadays cards that are buged that have a high impact in the game get disabled and promptly hotfixed, so that's not a thing anymore.

3) The bird is the word buddy, the bird is the word. That's your T1 deck for standard.

/thread

I said no trolling. Reported. Go away

• Downvote 6
Wildmutt1235

Well a good T1 deck is M Mewtwo Y with Garbodor. But if you look up DarkIntegral's website, or YellowSwellow's website, you should find another one. But, at the moment, M Mewtwo Y and Garb is definitely one of the best decks there is

• Upvote 1
Sakura150612

I said no trolling. Reported. Go away

Sigh... I'm gonna go away but don't get the wrong idea. You just don't want to listen to legit advice so there is no point in staying here. Good luck finding any help with that attitude, you'll need it.

• Upvote 7
M_Red_DragonO1

Well a good T1 deck is M Mewtwo Y with Garbodor. But if you look up DarkIntegral's website, or YellowSwellow's website, you should find another one. But, at the moment, M Mewtwo Y and Garb is definitely one of the best decks there is

Yea i know, but it went on a total losing streak. Bad enough that i kept losing from even noob decks that had no chance of winning. I am not sure what happen

• Downvote 1
Sakura150612

Karen says if you were good, you can win with your favorites and not the best.

Just came back real quick after finding this gem:

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on — — the Champion is waiting"

-Karen

• Upvote 6
M_Red_DragonO1

Karen says if you were good, you can win with your favorites and not the best.

I don't think that applies in a TCG game. I can see it in the gameboy games though. I do that because i rock with Blastoise in Blue version

Wildmutt1235

Yea i know, but it went on a total losing streak. Bad enough that i kept losing from even noob decks that had no chance of winning. I am not sure what happen

Maybe you just got countered by everything. Try teching different cards in to counter what is defeating you

M_Red_DragonO1

Maybe you just got countered by everything. Try teching different cards in to counter what is defeating you

I wish, but that wasn't the case. Hard to edit a deck when it reached its full potential :(

samuraison

I don't think that applies in a TCG game. I can see it in the gameboy games though. I do that because i rock with Blastoise in Blue version

Do you know why we aren't taking your request seriously? You're asking us to find a deck that can beat any deck which doesn't exist. You're already playing a "tier 1" deck so what's better than that?

Also, you're implying that your ability as a player is great because your deck is great and somehow it "ran out of winning juice" and not that you're actually playing good players and decks now. I'll be glad when bluetwo and bacon bits ex leave because the card itself goes against the game by punishing opponents for playing energy which everyone but yanmega must do to attack.

Tl;dr - get gud cause you're playing with the elite trainers now.

Edited by samuraison
  • Upvote 3

I'm wondering what your decklist is because I play M Mewtwo here & there (I like playing many diff. decks) & it's for sure one of the tops decks in standard.

PotatoNoah87

Have you tried Zebstrika in that deck? Zebstrika one hits M Rayquaza-EX, Yveltal-EX, Shaymin-EX, and any other pokemon that is weak to lightning type and resistant to fighting type. 

M_Red_DragonO1

Do you know why we aren't taking your request seriously? You're asking us to find a deck that can beat any deck which doesn't exist. You're already playing a "tier 1" deck so what's better than that?

Also, you're implying that your ability as a player is great because your deck is great and somehow it "ran out of winning juice" and not that you're actually playing good players and decks now. I'll be glad when bluetwo and bacon bits ex leave because the card itself goes against the game by punishing opponents for playing energy which everyone but yanmega must do to attack.

Tl;dr - get gud cause you're playing with the elite trainers now.

I didn't said to find a deck that will beat any deck. I said that is there any other T1 decks that wins games besides M Mewtwo/Garbodor. Yes i am a great player and i considered myself a professional. When that happends, i have a expanded version of that deck and it runs pretty well actually.

I'm wondering what your decklist is because I play M Mewtwo here & there (I like playing many diff. decks) & it's for sure one of the tops decks in standard.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77

* 1 Hoopa-EX PR-XY XY71

* 4 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158

* 3 M Mewtwo-EX BKT 64

* 2 Trubbish BKP 56

* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Skyla BCR 134

* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92

* 3 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

* 3 N DEX 96

* 1 Super Rod BKT 149

* 2 Lysandre AOR 78

* 3 Ultra Ball ******

* 1 Special Charge STS 105

* 4 Professor Sycamore *******

* 3 Mewtwo Spirit Link BKT 144

* 1 Ninja Boy STS 103

* 2 Float Stone PLF 99

* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75

* 3 Mega Turbo ROS 86

* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 6 Psychic Energy Energy 5

* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

That is my list. Wish AZ was repirinted because i prefer that instead of Ninja Boy. I just added that in case of a shaymin/Hoopa active on first turn

Have you tried Zebstrika in that deck? Zebstrika one hits M Rayquaza-EX, Yveltal-EX, Shaymin-EX, and any other pokemon that is weak to lightning type and resistant to fighting type.

No, because i don't really need it. I would consider it if PTCGO decided to add best out of 3 and sideboard like the real life version

samuraison

I didn't said to find a deck that will beat any deck. I said that is there any other T1 decks that wins games besides M Mewtwo/Garbodor. Yes i am a great player and i considered myself a professional. When that happends, i have a expanded version of that deck and it runs pretty well actually.

But you indirectly said that. You want another deck that can beat other T1 decks. By that definition, any deck below T1 can't beat a T1 deck and, since you already play a T1 deck, the only deck that can beat all other T1 decks is a T0 deck which is broken tier.

I just wanna make sense of your logic because you want the best deck so you'll always win but you're a professional so you shouldn't lose but you did because your deck ran out of juice. Honestly, you should be telling us how to build decks because professional players create the T1 decks we use!!

Did I get it all?

Edited by samuraison
  • Upvote 3
Felidae_

No, because i don't really need it. I would consider it if PTCGO decided to add best out of 3 and sideboard like the real life version

Uum.... there is no "Sideboard" in the real Pokemon TCG. You might confuse it with MtG, where a 15 card sideboard has been the norm for centuries.

Also insert the obvious “if you need to tell people that you are great, then you are obviously not” quote.

One could also argue that a "great" player would have a slight knowledge about the meta game and thus knew what decks are considered T1, but who am I to decide.

Ladies, gentlemen, I present you: Xensor 2.0

Dude stahp, you're killing me xD if you had added "my skill is on high" to that I would have actually died.

I wrote and deleted the “Xensor quote of the day” thread about 3 times now ( one was even labelled “the church of Xensor”), because I ultimately cast the idea aside, though it seems there is a demand for it ^^.

• Upvote 4

I used to play exclusively with lucario-ex deck (several months) and would come up against mewtwo decks frequently (instant loss). My win rate was about 75% overall with most loses coming from mewtwo. Since moving onto a trevenant break deck I find I no longer see my old friend mewtwo any where near as often and all of a sudden it seems that yveltal is my new best friend. I think I've played against mewtwo about twice in the last two months since switching decks.

This could be a coincidence but to suddenly go from being matched frequently against one nemesis deck to another at the exact time I switched decks is suspicious. I rarely played yveltal previously and now it's the opposite, all yveltal and hardly any mewtwo. My win rate hasn't changed that much (down to about 70 with trevenant) so why has these matchmaking suddenly switched to pairing me against a deck that I'm almost guaranteed to lose against.

Don't get me wrong I'm not salty about this but if you play often enough you will see the trends that suggest the match making is throwing you lemons.

Another thing that annoys me and I noticed this a lot with lucario-ex in particular is taking Mulligan's. I hardly ever needed to take a Mulligan's yet when I came up against a deck that would reshuffle multiple times my deck would almost always require reshuffling to. I'm talking about a deck like typhlosion that would reshuffle 7 or 8 times and mysteriously my deck couldn't pick a basic either for at least 5 or 6 reshuffles yet in almost every other match it would hit one first time.

The match making is definitely fishy in some respects but to be honest if it needs to throw you a nemesis deck to keep your wins down then that's fine, if everyone won 100% of the time the game would cease to function, unfortunately someone must always lose.

Edited by Millard4
  • Upvote 1
ahoodedman

SO my T1 M Mewtwo Y/Garbodor Deck ran out of gas and just kept losing, even to **** decks. So i am wondering of what other standard T1 decks that are out there that wins games like mine used to? Bad enough that i had to reset the win/loss ratio like fifty times due to shenanigan losses and players cheating. Also no trolling on this post

sorry to be the one to tell you tell but M mewtwo is no longer tier 1 and has droped to tier 3 [rouges]

M mewtwo has been underperforming , and the lists that are used now are photon wave/tech lists

How ever the current top tier lists are, yvtail/garb, volcanion, greninja, mega garde, darkrai/tina, plume box, [some might disagree] M ray/diacne. Some lists that almost made the cut were rainbow road, riakuo and M scizor. 

These list is determand by these decks performances.

Sakura150612

Uum.... there is no "Sideboard" in the real Pokemon TCG. You might confuse it with MtG, where a 15 card sideboard has been the norm for centuries.

Also insert the obvious “if you need to tell people that you are great, then you are obviously not” quote.

One could also argue that a "great" player would have a slight knowledge about the meta game and thus knew what decks are considered T1, but who am I to decide.

I wrote and deleted the “Xensor quote of the day” thread about 3 times now ( one was even labelled “the church of Xensor”), because I ultimately cast the idea aside, though it seems there is a demand for it ^^.

Omg I would love to see that xD

samuraison

I used to play exclusively with lucario-ex deck (several months) and would come up against mewtwo decks frequently (instant loss). My win rate was about 75% overall with most loses coming from mewtwo. Since moving onto a trevenant break deck I find I no longer see my old friend mewtwo any where near as often and all of a sudden it seems that yveltal is my new best friend. I think I've played against mewtwo about twice in the last two months since switching decks.

This could be a coincidence but to suddenly go from being matched frequently against one nemesis deck to another at the exact time I switched decks is suspicious. I rarely played yveltal previously and now it's the opposite, all yveltal and hardly any mewtwo. My win rate hasn't changed that much (down to about 70 with trevenant) so why has these matchmaking suddenly switched to pairing me against a deck that I'm almost guaranteed to lose against.

Don't get me wrong I'm not salty about this but if you play often enough you will see the trends that suggest the match making is throwing you lemons.

Another thing that annoys me and I noticed this a lot with lucario-ex in particular is taking Mulligan's. I hardly ever needed to take a Mulligan's yet when I came up against a deck that would reshuffle multiple times my deck would almost always require reshuffling to. I'm talking about a deck like typhlosion that would reshuffle 7 or 8 times and mysteriously my deck couldn't pick a basic either for at least 5 or 6 reshuffles yet in almost every other match it would hit one first time.

The match making is definitely fishy in some respects but to be honest if it needs to throw you a nemesis deck to keep your wins down then that's fine, if everyone won 100% of the time the game would cease to function, unfortunately someone must always lose.

Bacon bird won some tourneys recently and really benefited from the rotation more than Mewtwo.

1) No tool removal means bacon bird has as much HP as Bluetwo with ffb which can't be removed.

2) doesn't require evolving so no spirit link.

3) doesn't require a stadium to do his attacks so you can run delinquent

4) if bacon bird gets in trouble, it can move energy with his 2nd attack

5) all his old checks ( mega Man, dendene) rotated out. Lightning decks are the new grass deck.

All of this plus bacon bird being on the ladder a while ago and the promo version made him easy to get. That's why you see him more now

M_Red_DragonO1

Are you sure there is no sideboard? I could had sworn that there was in their big tournament page o.O I am not arguing that i am great when i know that i am great. Just the problem is that PTCG doesn't really update their stuff as much as MTG does on articles. Lastest T1 list i saw was made in september of this year. I like to use it to know what i am expected to face in tournaments and versus in PTCGO

M_Red_DragonO1

sorry to be the one to tell you tell but M mewtwo is no longer tier 1 and has droped to tier 3 [rouges]

M mewtwo has been underperforming , and the lists that are used now are photon wave/tech lists

How ever the current top tier lists are, yvtail/garb, volcanion, greninja, mega garde, darkrai/tina, plume box, [some might disagree] M ray/diacne. Some lists that almost made the cut were rainbow road, riakuo and M scizor. 

These list is determand by these decks performances.

The mewtwo i use is the damage change instead of photon wave.  What's a plume box? I don't see how volcanion decks made it to T1 because i beat it most of the time because of average turn 2 garbodor or turn 1 hex maniac 

M_Red_DragonO1

Bacon bird won some tourneys recently and really benefited from the rotation more than Mewtwo.

1) No tool removal means bacon bird has as much HP as Bluetwo with ffb which can't be removed.

2) doesn't require evolving so no spirit link.

3) doesn't require a stadium to do his attacks so you can run delinquent

4) if bacon bird gets in trouble, it can move energy with his 2nd attack

5) all his old checks ( mega Man, dendene) rotated out. Lightning decks are the new grass deck.

All of this plus bacon bird being on the ladder a while ago and the promo version made him easy to get. That's why you see him more now

What's a bacon bird? XD Very odd slang names for a TCG