Delphox-Flareon Deck

YoungsterJoey30

Hey, guys. I've been playing a Delphox-Flareon deck on the TCGO for a while now, and it's still leaving a little bit to be desired in terms of consistency and speed. I often can't get completely set up before my opponent Lysandres out the Pokemon that's best prepared to attack and pretty much games me. This is my current list. Thoughts?

Pokémon - 15

2 Delphox BREAK 

4 Fennekin Fates Collide 10 

1 Braixen Fates Collide 

4 Delphox Fates Collide 

2 Flareon-EX 

2 Volcanion

Trainers - 30

3 Trainer's Mail

1 Professor's Letter

4 Rare Candy

3 Ultra Ball

2 Switch

1 Super Rod

1 Lysandre

3 Professor Sycamore 

1 Pokémon Fan Club 

3 Ninja Boy

1 Fisherman

1 Pokémon Center Lady

3 N

1 Hex Maniac 

2 Scorched Earth 

Energy - 15

13 Fire 

2 Double Colorless

you're relying too much on delphox break too attach energy.

i suggest taking out 2 Delphox builds completely and replacing that empty space with basic energy..

cards i suggest replacing are 3 N's with 2 Blacksmith and 1 VS Seeker.

replace Hex Maniac, Pokemon Center Lady, 1 Ninja Boy, and Fisher Man with 4 Max Elixir.

Replace Pokemon Fan Club with a Repeat Ball. add in another braixen.

Replacing a Sycamore with a weakness policy or float stone.

if you can somehow manage to add in Pokemon Rangers, Acro Bike, it might work.

Also try replacing 1 volcanion with a Victini EX. see if it helps.

you're relying too much on delphox break too attach energy.

i suggest taking out 2 Delphox builds completely and replacing that empty space with basic energy..

cards i suggest replacing are 3 N's with 2 Blacksmith and 1 VS Seeker.

replace Hex Maniac, Pokemon Center Lady, 1 Ninja Boy, and Fisher Man with 4 Max Elixir.

Replace Pokemon Fan Club with a Repeat Ball. add in another braixen.

Replacing a Sycamore with a weakness policy or float stone.

if you can somehow manage to add in Pokemon Rangers, Acro Bike, it might work.

Also try replacing 1 volcanion with a Victini EX. see if it helps.

Just to clarify, this deck is for Standard Format, where a lot of that wouldn't be legal. Also, most of the early-to-mid-game energy attachment is with Volcanion, not Delphox Break.

I notice you don't have Vs Seeker. It's a no brain 4 of them in any deck.

So much Ninjaboy I suppose is to switch Volcanion with FlareonEX... FFBelts would help Volcanion to be alive an extra turn (and also Flareon).

A second Lysandre and a 3rd stadium would help, (though that last thing it's probably not a must).

Appart from Ninjaboy which is there as part of the attacking plan, PCLady is not very common and PFan club don't use to be the best choice. It's just because the turn you use that ones, you don't use Sycamore/N to re-new your hand which use to be more important.

Relying so much on abilities, I would cut the Hex maniac to add 1 Pokémon Ranger. Using Hex would shut down yourself too so it's not so useful even though you shut down opponent's (just for 1st turns to avoid Shaymin/Hoopa but later on...).

Another nice card having 10+ basic energies is Max elixir but it seems no space for it.

I would remove 1 Ninja, the PCLady and a pair of basic energy to make the space for Vs Seekers. In addition a 3-1-3-2 or 4-1-3-2 Delphox line (winning 1 or 2) + the PFan club it's the space for 2 or 3 FFBelts.

I know the value of Prof letter but again, having so much energy you should be able to get it without problems. That's could be the spot for the 2nd Lysandre.

3 Rare candies and adding a 4th UB or T mail would be interesting (more if you cut the Delphox line a bit).

It's so tight but, if anything useful, let us know once you tried :)

Archived