No in-game chat?

tofuness

Just wanna ask if there is an in-game chat during versus games? I asked a friend of mine and said that there's an in-game chat.

I can't seem to talk to my opponent during games outside the emoticons and pre-loaded phrases like Hello, Well Played, You have a good deck, etc.

Is this a bug? Or is my country restricted from in game chat? From the Philippines btw

PS: My account settings are all set to OPEN

As far as I know, writing is restricted for all the TCGO players during the matches. 

I also miss the old system actually.

Oh! so there used to be an in-game chat. Probably they took it down to remove trash talking.

I miss it as well. The conversation one can have with eachother is very limitted now. Sometimes I wished that I could explain stuff to people. eg. if I suddenly have to go, and therefore have to back out of the game. I really miss it :/

But on the other hand, I do understand why they removed it. As a game for both kids and grown ups, you could think of people who would use a game to get information from kids :/

With the release of 2.39, we moved to a canned chat system. It was announced here. This has resulted in a lot of feedback, so we try to keep it contained to one thread. You can find more information, feedback, and many more things related to canned chat in this thread. 

As now has become expected by most of you, I'm going to close this thread and ask you to please post any more discussion related to this topic in the aforementioned thread. Thanks again.

Archived