Matchmaking not balance at all

Thousandone

I just started to play back this game and it makes me remember why I stop for so long last time.

this game provide quest/challenge and yet never balance things for us to clear the quest at all.

the matchmaking should go by category, theme deck vs theme deck only,

standard vs standard

ext vs ext

unlimited vs unlimited,

it should have all these category.

am using theme deck because do not own so much pokemon of the type of that quest request, yet all matches were pair with people full of EX pokemon, and always pair with people have the best trainer card etc, er, how to play like this? totally not balance.

and I remember last time we can use our custom deck to fight AI to test our deck, now there arent any of this option, cant even test deck at all.

at least make the matchmaking be fair, the category is there for a reason, in short, matchmaking should be by deck category, not lumping all together.

You can still test out your deck. If you look in the Deck Collection manager section, there is an option over on the right side of the screen that allows you you test your deck.

I'm not too sure I understand your problem... the current game is already separated in said categories. You're free to clone a theme deck and use it in standard if you wish, but the "Theme" category in VS will always match you against other theme decks. All Standard-valid decks can be used in expanded so you're free to use them there, but if you're playing under the Standard tab you will only face Standard decks. I can't think of what else could be causing your confusion, because formats are already separated as such. You just have to make sure you're playing under the correct tab in VS.

EDIT: Also, Unlimited is rip. You can still play it in friend battles but not in the VS Ladder. Instead there now exists the Legacy format.

am using theme deck because do not own so much pokemon of the type of that quest request, yet all matches were pair with people full of EX pokemon, and always pair with people have the best trainer card etc, er, how to play like this? totally not balance.

The usual "EX Pokemon" thread.

Since it's been said about once a week, all you can do is play theme until you get better cards or finish trainer challenge and get the packs from there.

And yes, the game is balanced. You just are a rookie trying to play in the big leagues. We all been where you were so follow our advice and you'll be fighting with the rest of us in 2 weeks - 1 month.

Archived